Phantom 4 "vision sensors"
426 2 2022-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DealWork
lvl.1

Montenegro

Hello everyone on the forum,
It's been almost two months since I bought a used Phantom 4 standard (I haven't had a drone until now), so I'm using this time to familiarize myself with the technical capabilities of the drone, flying with it, as well as the settings (calibration, software settings, video settings... ). Watching various video tutorials and reading your experiences with Phantom drones on the forum, I noticed that the drone has some minor flaws.
The drone flies very well, it responds very well to commands, it is very calm when it stands still in the air, but what I think is relatively wrong are the "vision sensors".
           - When I turn on the "display radar chart" option, the chart does not appear on the phone screen, but the indicator on the screen shows that everything is fine with the "vision sensors".
           - When I get close to some obstacle, the drone does not stop, but continues forward towards the object (it would hit)...
I read that the likely solution to this problem is the calibration of the "vision positioning system".
However, when I connect the drone to the computer and start the calibration process, I keep getting the warning "please reboot the aircraft!"
I did almost everything that I found as a recommendation on the forum related to the problem "please reboot the aircraft!" but I failed to remove this message and calibrate the "vision positioning system".
I use DJI Assistant 2, V2.0.10, Dell Inspiron laptop, Windows 7 ultimate (with the latest update)...

- I also noticed that the drone does not give a warning when flying in strong wind (I flew one day and it was quite windy).

Do you have any suggestions regarding these problems I mentioned above..
Thank you in advance
Rade

2022-8-24
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

The sensors won't pick up small things like wires, small bare branches, etc. Gotta use your eyeballs instead of being transfixed by the controller display.

I've gotten a high wind warning a few times when flying high at the beach. Using the Plus version but it shouldn't make a difference.
2022-8-24
Use props
DealWork
lvl.1

Montenegro

Hi Mr. Strat, thanks for the reply...

"The sensors won't pick up small things like wires, small bare branches, etc."
Yes, that's clear to me, but I went with the drone directly towards the wall of the building to check the "vision sensors"...

"Gotta use your eyeballs instead of being transfixed by the controller display."
Yes, of course, but since it does not show "radar chart" on the display, and if the option is turned on, I assume that something is wrong...

"I've gotten a high wind warning a few times when flying high at the beach. Using the Plus version but it shouldn't make a difference."
Watching some YouTube videos I noticed that they show that warning on the Phantom 4, even in less wind than the day I flew the drone...

Do you have any suggestion how to solve the problem with the warning "please reboot the aircraft!" to calibrate the "vision positioning system"?
2022-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules