822 15 2022-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

360 Pano - Lake Onslow - Central Otago

High above Roxburgh in the seemingly never ending Lammerlaws is the artificial Lake Onslow. It's pretty remote and very hard to get to in winter but stunningly isolated. It's mainly on farmland with a smattering of cribs along it's lonely shores. Currently this site is under review to build a new dam and raise the water level by 50m!! Acting like a battery water would be pumped up here from the Clutha River in times of high water flow (effectively using free otherwise unutilized energy) and then when it was dry and power more expensive it would flow from Lake Onslow generating power on the way down. The crib owners aren't very happy as their cribs would be flooded and to me the plan would result in a massive high/low lake level difference leaving an ugly shoreline and limiting the lake's usefulness. In flooding the lake they would also flood some fascinating swamp areas on the South Eastern Arm of the lake. It's my mission to record these before the lake is raised. Sadly most New Zealanders wouldn't even know this incredible area exists...

Click on the link below to view in 3D...

High Res Link
https://www.360cities.net/image/lake-onslow-central-otago-new-zealand?override_cache=true

Website Homepage https://andrewbusst.wixsite.com/mysite

Click here to see how to view 360 Panoramas in Full Screen!
https://andrewbusst.wixsite.com/mysite/viewing-360-panos

Cheers
Bussty

2022-8-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A pretty impressive place Bussty.   Good job!
2022-8-24
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

There it is - the 360 panorama. - And it definitly is very well done. A really lovely and impressiv scenery. Thanks for sharing this amazing work
2022-8-24
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 8-24 23:34
A pretty impressive place Bussty.   Good job!

Thank you Mr B yes very good for the soul spending time there
2022-8-25
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

ElleKN Posted at 8-24 23:37
There it is - the 360 panorama. - And it definitly is very well done. A really lovely and impressiv scenery. Thanks for sharing this amazing work

Thank you ElleKN Mini 3 Pro definitely doing a better job than my previous Mini 1 and feel a lot more relaxed sending it up into windy environments like this
2022-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a fascinating place Bussty.  Great job on documenting this before the lake is flooded.    I'm sure the crib owners are quite a bit unhappy.  
2022-8-25
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-25 02:27
What a fascinating place Bussty.  Great job on documenting this before the lake is flooded.    I'm sure the crib owners are quite a bit unhappy.

Thanks Downtown yes will be quite fascinating (if not sad) in years to come to complete an "after" 360 pano. We know one of the crib owners and you are right, not happy but not much they can do as have their cribs on land owned by the farmer and on an informal arrangement. Farmer is happy as crib owners keep an eye on this very remote farm and crib owners are happy as they get access.
2022-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-25 02:03
Thank you Mr B yes very good for the soul spending time there

I'll bet!  Peace and solitude in beautiful surroundings.
2022-8-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just found by accident how to go full screen on that 360cities site and it makes all the difference to the viewing experience.   Nice pano.  
2022-8-25
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 8-25 03:17
Just found by accident how to go full screen on that 360cities site and it makes all the difference to the viewing experience.   Nice pano.

Cheers DAFlys I always post how to do that but human nature is to go for the image first :-)  

But yes makes a huge difference, like being there :-)  
2022-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 8-25 02:42
Thanks Downtown  yes will be quite fascinating (if not sad) in years to come to complete an "after" 360 pano. We know one of the crib owners and you are right, not happy but not much they can do as have their cribs on land owned by the farmer and on an informal arrangement. Farmer is happy as crib owners keep an eye on this very remote farm and crib owners are happy as they get access.

My pleasure Bussty.    Have a great day.
2022-8-25
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Great shot. Interesting with those links in the shot itself.
2022-8-25
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Depp Posted at 8-25 05:26
Great shot. Interesting with those links in the shot itself.

Thanks Depp yes you can visit all sorts of places within the Panos on 360 Cities. Not sure if you have seen the way you can go full screen and remove those if you wish...

https://andrewbusst.wixsite.com/mysite/viewing-360-panos

Cheers

Bussty
2022-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
2022-8-29
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Thank you Moontfrooij a very special place (but definitely no trains :-) )
2022-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bussty Posted at 8-30 03:05
Thank you Moontfrooij a very special place (but definitely no trains :-) )

You're welcome.
I like more than just trains
2022-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules