123Next >
19313 104 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
etharendil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157474 ft
Slovakia

not really happy about the combos. I'd need one with googles 2 (backwards compatible )  with dji fpv remote controller 2
2022-8-26
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

Actually I have several whoops and other model types running with Caddx Vista and DJI goggles V1. I would be very interested in adding the Avata with goggles 2 set to my fleet, as well as upgrading to the new goggles 2 due to their better face fitting, lower weight, diopter adjustment and smaller size. But I don't want to take two different goggles with me when going for flying, just because the new goggles 2 are lacking backwards compatibility to the V1 air units. I guess many other existing customers are thinking similar. So, please DJI, add a backwards compatibility mode to your goggles 2 same as you did for the goggles V2 before for making them compatible with air units and I will be happy with buying them!

2022-8-26
Use props
DARTHDUNE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 870174 ft
Singapore

DJI Goggles 2 is not supported in Virtual Flight, when it be be supported?
2022-8-27
Use props
AKdroneflier
lvl.2
United States

DJI really “shot itself in the foot” with this Avata release!  I wouldn’t have been able to resist and would have purchased immediately if there had been a package option to get just the FPV Googles 2 and the Avata drone,.. and would hope that at some point soon the new Goggles 2 would be compatible with my original FPV Drone, and hopefully eventually backward compatible with the DJI Air Unit and Vista Unit.  Why should I waste money on a second Motion Controller? And I already also own a DJI FPV controller 2 so I don’t need a second one of those either (not that that was even offered).   As usual, DJI exhibits total disregard for its existing FPV customer base with the manner in which it has released the new Goggles 2,.. why not at least state that a coming software update will soon make them backwards compatible with the original DJI FPV Drone and with the original DJI Air Units and Vista Units?  Clearly this should be possible since the FPVGoggles v2 will work with the new Avata drone!  As interested as I am in the new Goggles 2, this is a “No Buy” for me because of the current lack of backward compatibility with the existing DJI FPV products and because I don’t feel like being extorted into buying another Motion Controller.
2022-8-27
Use props
fans43b00a84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19626155 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Now here is a funny thing. I have noticed that the goggles do not fit properly around your face I have to push them down on to the bridge of my nose. I noted this same problem was experienced by two guys who were reviewing the Avata. It is clear to me that the goggles were tested on asian faces which are flatter than a typical caucasian face, they tend to have bigger noses than say Chinese where the goggles were designed and made.   DJI you did not test them on caucasian faces only Chinese. Funny as, and I am certain that is what happend. Anyway there will be some third party foam that will alleviate the problem and produce a solution.John Gowland
2022-8-28
Use props
heyitsmike
lvl.1
United States

Those ND Filters went quick. Any ideas when they will be back in stock?
2022-8-28
Use props
heyitsmike
lvl.1
United States

jfbond Posted at 8-26 07:35
That's a tough one.

The mini 3 seems perfect for outside shots, with built in functions that will help showcase a house (ex: rotating around the house, or zooming out, ..). I own this drone and I love it.

2 different ways of flying. If you want to fpv style and something that's small, protective from the props and can fly indoors without chopping up anyone, then avata since it has somewhat the best of both worlds. If you get a mavic, its's primarily used for photos and videos. If you have no interest in FPV flying style, get the mavic mini, plus it's 250grams i think so you dont have to get it registered through the FAA.
2022-8-28
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1240538 ft
Ireland

heyitsmike Posted at 8-28 23:07
2 different ways of flying. If you want to fpv style and something that's small, protective from the props and can fly indoors without chopping up anyone, then avata since it has somewhat the best of both worlds. If you get a mavic, its's primarily used for photos and videos. If you have no interest in FPV flying style, get the mavic mini, plus it's 250grams i think so you dont have to get it registered through the FAA.

good point.

As per the registration, in the EU you have to register the mini 3 even though it is <250g because it has a camera.
2022-8-29
Use props
Skrems
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134396 ft
United States

So I’m buying the pro kit but it’s only 66% feature usable with the FPV controller. Why can’t I purchase the FPV controller now? Wtf
2022-8-29
Use props
Fanticflyer
New

United Kingdom

why o why do you not do the flight sim in Mac ? 99% of your customers run Macs
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_yPjZCRptKt2l
New

United Kingdom

One of the WORST buying experiences of my life! First, the motion controller would not charge. Then, I have had to pay £150 for the FPV controller. BUT, it does not connect to my drone! THREE calls to "tech support" later, they cannot help me. Online support said that someone will "call me back". I can't update the firmware automatically because I only have Apple computers. The whole thing has been a complete and utter s**t show.
2022-8-30
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone with corrective glasses have tried the  goggles on? does the dioptric knobs in the goggles will work for bad far and near sight (myopia)?  don't see any space for those that need corrective eye glasses

If I buy it, only if goggles really work, the fact that it does not come with a REAL controller is a bummer, I heard that DJI has a warehouse full of unsold motion controllers and appears that is the way out for them, keep the controller out of stock to sell the motion controller out, which you cannot even put in manual mode and get full speed...SHAME !
2022-8-30
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jfbond Posted at 8-26 07:39
I have a question with regards to the noise level. The Avata seems quieter than the DJI FPV. Although I like the 'Tie Fighter' noise that the DJI PFV makes I would be interested in something quieter for when I fly near my home as to not annoy my neighbors.

Q: is the Avata quieter than the Mini 3?

From reviews on youtube, the 5 blades are much louder
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_W5TfettSSeNq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254314 ft
United States

I can’t wait for my Avata and goggles to ship. I am disappointed that the goggles won’t work with my DJI FPV and my Nazgûl but I fully expected that DJI will fix this. I placed my faith in them when I made this investment and I am certain that they will update this compatibility for my other drones.
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_JR8uyVPp2bwx
New

United States

My grave concern is, first off how do you sell this drone with only the motion controller?! Especially when you are unable to use this drone in manual mode without the fpv controller 2!! Then when you check to see how to get this controller… it is unavailable! What the?!
2022-8-30
Use props
artieorodriguezgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

DJI products are not cheap and the average consumer is not rich.. I have a drone the GEP RC Croc 5 with a DJI Air Unit. I sold  my DJI V2 goggles and was excited to order the DJI newest V2 goggles and was like wow final DJI has done something great  they have made goggle similar to the fat shark  googles but I come to find out they are not compatible to the DJI Air units. DJI please make the air unit compatible to the neck DJI goggles. I would purchase they were to compatible.

2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_3t79epudYs0p
lvl.1

United States

Placed order last Friday still waiting for it to be shipped. Wonder why and when to expected to be shipped.
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_3t79epudYs0p
lvl.1

United States

Like to know whe i will receive my avata order it last Friday. Still has not shipped.
2022-8-31
Use props
artieorodriguezgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

DJI please make the DJI air unit compatible with the new DJI goggles so I can fly my free style Drone. Why would DJI limit it sales of the new DJI goggles to only Avanta  units. When you have a market of free style drone pilots. I think you might lose some of the market because of this. I would rather buy from a company that makes products that supports FPV flyers.
2022-8-31
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_3t79epudYs0p Posted at 8-31 05:12
Like to know whe i will receive my avata order it last Friday. Still has not shipped.

Amazon buyers get earlier seems like
2022-8-31
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49734 ft
Sweden

I WANT ONE -This is "sick" of how good it is. I want one and will buy it in like six months for the following spring and fly on the seaside on my island where I was born, and we have had a family house there for generations.
It is a small island with Mediterranean charm, so much free space to fly, and breathtaking panoramas to take pictures or video capture. The island is named Hvar, located in the Adriatic sea, and
has been declared by UNESCO as one of the ten most beautiful islands in the world. So, guys and girls, you can only imagine this beautiful island from the third dimension, the sunsets, or other islands if you raise the drone because in the Adriatic, which is a small sea (a profound U-shaped basin of the Mediterranean squeezed between eat Italian coast and the Croatian coast there are more than 1000 (one thousand) islands, small, big, there is even one shaped in the form of a heart (will leave the link to that photo), so when you go to 150 meters you see lots of islands-when you go to 300 meters you see double the number of islands and if the skies are clear after the "Bura" (Northern wind that clears the cloud after rainy weather) One can see the shores of Italy on an extremely clear day. There are plenty of deserted bays so one can fly safely when willing to race. The only issue with this drone is that the battery lasts only 18 minutes. I hope they will come out with a better battery soon.

Fly Well and have a great day.

PS below is the link to the island Galešnjak in the shape of a heart.

https://worldtoptop.com/top-heart-shaped-islands-world/

2022-9-1
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49734 ft
Sweden

Hey  @HDPS you have an excellent profile picture. No one is going to try to steal your drone(s) (Nice hardware btw.)

Just kidding
2022-9-1
Use props
Skyhigh78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896007 ft
United States

Ohhh I want one so bad!
2022-9-1
Use props
publidron arica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290331 ft
Chile

HOLA, ES POSIBLE QUE DJI FLY APP    1.7. EN RCPRO CONTROL   , ESTE DISPONIBLE PARA AVATA ?   PREGUNTO POR QUE INTENTO PONER GAFAS POR USBC A RCPRO Y NO ESTA DOSPONIBLE AVATA , NO ASI COMO   EN MI IPHONE SI ESTA  AVATA Y SE VE LA IMAGEN GRACIAS
2022-9-2
Use props
publidron arica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290331 ft
Chile

HOLA, ES POSIBLE QUE DJI FLY APP    1.7. EN RCPRO CONTROL   , ESTE DISPONIBLE PARA AVATA ?   PREGUNTO POR QUE INTENTO PONER GAFAS POR USBC A RCPRO Y NO ESTA DOSPONIBLE AVATA , NO ASI COMO   EN MI IPHONE SI ESTA  AVATA Y SE VE LA IMAGEN GRACIAS
2022-9-2
Use props
fans019e4a1a
New

United States

Please enable flight indoors in the fly app when in restricted airspace.  
2022-9-3
Use props
fans019e4a1a
New

United States

BMos4242 Posted at 8-26 06:44
I would be using the Mini 3 for real estate shots. It has Quickshots, Mastershots, Active Track 4.0 the Avata  video will need more edited and can't really get the same quality. Additionally the Mini 3 has tri directional sensing. For inside the house/building though the Avata would be very nice.

I have both, the Avata is excellent for indoor commercial and residential real estate, however DJI fly app will not allow flight when in restricted flight zones even when you are indoors.  You have to follow the same process to get authorization.  Seems very lame and is a time waster.  I got the Avata just for indoor real estate use thinking it wouldn't restrict flight indoors.  Very frustrating and disappointing.
2022-9-3
Use props
fans9c6db86d
New
  • >>>
Australia

Can’t download to phone? And how do I remove flying details that you see from my flight recording video?
2022-9-3
Use props
fans9c6db86d
New
  • >>>
Australia

I can’t download from goggles to phone? And when I put the video on my computer direct from sim it still has all the info you see when flying! How do I remove that please and how do I download videos onto my phone?
2022-9-4
Use props
Jimi33
New

Canada

Can't get the headset to connect to my iPhone 13 pro max and the DJI virtual fly app. Any solution?
2022-9-4
Use props
fans019e4a1a
New

United States

jfbond Posted at 8-26 07:39
I have a question with regards to the noise level. The Avata seems quieter than the DJI FPV. Although I like the 'Tie Fighter' noise that the DJI PFV makes I would be interested in something quieter for when I fly near my home as to not annoy my neighbors.

Q: is the Avata quieter than the Mini 3?

No it is much louder
2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_20dx5IqeKJDk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909967 ft
United States

Now that I wouldn't mind being able to preview and test flight the capabilities and give a review on for DJI ,
So if you're looking for anymore testers I'd be honored.
Picsart_22-09-03_11-38-55-801.jpg
Picsart_22-09-03_11-41-10-015.jpg
2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_7iHPelwirFV9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12110 ft
Netherlands

Ordered the avata on the 26th of august. After almost 2 weeks of waiting still no update or further information. I live in Holland. How is this possible?!
2022-9-6
Use props
fansa0f1b511
lvl.1

United States

Order 0010779896235
Ordered Aug 26th and still says to be shipped. Come on DJI
2022-9-6
Use props
fans70c30004
New
Flight distance : 336178 ft
  • >>>
United States

flybey Posted at 8-25 10:22
I am looking to buy my first drone. Should I get the DJI Mini 3 Pro or DJI Avata. I will be using the drone as a beginner real estate photographer and videographer.

1000% get the mini pro 3. Great drone for what you’ll want to be shooting.
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_how7CnxvhTiF
New
Flight distance : 65377 ft
Norway

I was a little overeager when I saw the Avata with the FPV glasses -- I assumed it would be 3D and very eagerly clicked to order, but then saw it was 2D. Although the Avata is cool, my Mini 3 Pro will do for me.

Please evaluate making a 3D version of the Avata. With two cameras and gimbals, and also an individual screen for each eye, the cost would be higher, but what an extremely immersive experience it would give. Users would pay gold.
2022-9-7
Use props
Geepix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

dji avata stick modes ( mode 1, mode 2 mode 3 , no custom mode)

hi all , i have a problem with dji controller, i fly mode 2 but

i have roll on the left stick and yaw on right stick ,
Throttle on left (as usual mode 2 ), forward/back on right stick

its would be extremely hard to relearn to regular

Dji developers please add custom stick assignments

Please please please

2022-9-7
Use props
Geepix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

Please please
Add custom stick assignments...
Many pilots need it....

2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_uVLIXzuGtlnQ
New

Ireland

I just bought this, my first ever drone, it wont activate, flashing green red blue please help!!!
2022-9-10
Use props
djiuser_UUAHHf0IS5jf
New

Spain

VanzPix Posted at 8-25 08:09
DJI's strategy sell it without the radio command to sell their stock of DJI Motion Controller and without specifying that it is only usable with the normal mode so do not throw yourself on it for the moment because you will not be able to make FPV with

I have been encountering problems switching into Sport mode with the motion controller. So I understand it's not possible to go into Sport mode with the Motion controller?
2022-9-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules