Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Unveils DJI Avata, The Ultimate Immersive Drone Experience
123Next >
19253 104 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Unveils DJI Avata, The Ultimate Immersive Drone Experience
DJI Avata Drone and DJI Goggles 2 Harness DJI’s Unmatched Technology for Thrilling First-Person View Flight, Pushing the Bounds of Drone Possibilities for Every Pilot  

DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, today introduces DJI Avata, a transformational new drone that offers an unparalleled experience of immersive flight. DJI Avata creates a new paradigm for first-person view (FPV) drone flight, allowing every pilot to race through the skies and feel its astonishing performance, agility, and easy control. Coupled with the new DJI Goggles 2 and the intuitive DJI Motion Controller, DJI Avata delivers a flight experience that was unimaginable until now.

1.jpg

“DJI Avata was built to awaken a desire to fly in everyone, with immersive flight technology that allows anyone to explore the almost out-of-body experience of FPV flight,” said Ferdinand Wolf, Creative Director at DJI. “DJI Avata is breathtaking to fly for even a novice pilot, and includes enhanced safety features that give anyone the freedom to try creative aerial moves. Paired with the DJI Goggles 2[1] and the DJI Motion Controller, DJI Avata seems to ride with the wind. Whether you fly for the fun of it, to make great clips for social media, or to dazzle viewers in the production studio, DJI Avata will show you why its engrossing flight experience pulls you into a new world of soaring possibilities.”

2.jpg

DJI Avata opens new creative directions for beginners and professionals alike. Its unique and compact design strips down the chassis of a traditional drone into a body built for speed and agility, weighing only 410 grams while still integrating aerodynamic propeller guards for added safety. Its powerful stabilized camera, featuring a 1/1.7” CMOS sensor with 48 million effective pixels, delivers premium imaging features like 4K/60fps and 2.7K/50/60/100/120fps[2] video, giving creators a scorching new tool for smoothly capturing premium video content. And with a flight time of up to 18 minutes, it can deliver a thrill ride full of power on every flight.

3.jpg

DJI Avata is designed to be paired with DJI Goggles 2 – DJI’s newest flight control technology – and the DJI Motion Controller, which steers the drone according to the movement of your hand. Users can also control the drone with the existing DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 and the DJI FPV Goggles V2. DJI’s unequaled flight technology means DJI Avata can hover like a traditional drone, accelerate like a racer, zoom in and out of tight spaces, and stop in a fraction of a second. If DJI Avata is pushed beyond its limits and lands upside down, a new Turtle mode allows it to flip back up and take off again. Together, DJI Avata’s flight control and stabilization technology make it the ultimate drone for fun, all while capturing vivid, professional-quality video:

• DJI Goggles 2: High Resolution and Low-Latency Transmission
DJI Goggles 2 is a next-generation video headset that offers a smaller, lighter, and more comfortable fit, with a crystal-clear FPV image comparable to those from other DJI drones.[3] DJI Goggles 2 features a clearer Micro-OLED screen with adjustable diopters, so people who normally wear glasses do not need to use them with the goggles. When used with the DJI Motion Controller, you can control the aircraft and the gimbal camera freely to meet your shooting needs in various scenarios. An intuitive touch panel on the side of the goggles enables you to easily control its settings with only one hand.

DJI Avata and DJI Goggles 2 connect using DJI O3+ transmission, the most powerful and reliable technology for precise control, ultra-low latency, and detailed video at 1080p/100fps with H.265 decoding. It offers the lowest transmission delay of approximately 30 milliseconds, the longest transmission distance of 10 kilometers,[4] auto-switching dual frequencies, a high bitrate of 50 Mbps, and state-of-the-art anti-interference methods to ensure a reliable feed. DJI Goggles 2 also offers a Wireless Streaming function to view the live feed from your mobile phone or computer on the goggles screen, bringing you an immersive viewing experience.                        

• DJI Motion Controller
The DJI Motion Controller is a completely reinvented flight control device that allows the pilot to precisely fly complex maneuvers based on the natural motions of one hand. The system is so intuitive that even complete beginners can get started quickly and learn to fly in continuous fluid motions, even when swooping close to the ground, whizzing past obstacles, and gliding through tight enclosures into open spaces.

4.jpg

Upgraded 4K Imaging System With Super Stabilization
DJI Avata has an outstanding imaging system that outstrips that on any FPV racer – a 1/1.7-inch 48MP Photo CMOS sensor with f/2.8 aperture, and an ultra-wide-angle lens with a viewing angle of up to 155°. The wider field of view enables immersive aerial photography and videography at up to 4k/60fps, as well as slow-motion footage at 2.7K/100fps. Equipped with D-Cinelike color mode, DJI Avata allows a broad color palette that enables detailed chromatic adjustments to your works.

5.jpg

Even during high-pressure aerial maneuvers, DJI Avata keeps your video sharp and stable with two flagship stabilization technologies. DJI RockSteady eliminates overall picture shake, and DJI HorizonSteady keeps the picture oriented toward true level. All that data flows to 20 GB of internal storage space, allowing extra freedom and spontaneity when the opportunity for a creative shot arises, even without a microSD card installed in the onboard drive.
​​

Fly Safe With Confidence
DJI Avata’s built-in propeller guards make the fuselage more durable and greatly reduce the probability of risk, allowing you to fly more confidently with a craft that can withstand minor collisions and even right itself after a flip in Turtle mode.
When DJI Avata is in the air, pilots can rely on a suite of safety features that make flying a memorable and safe experience. A dedicated Emergency Brake and Hover feature is available in all flying modes, stopping the drone and hovering in place at any time during the flight. Failsafe Return to Home brings the drone back to its home point automatically with a press of a button, or in the event that transmission is lost or the battery reaches a critically low level.
6.jpg

Even at its small size, DJI Avata includes the industry-leading safety technology that DJI pioneered and has kept the world’s skies safe in the drone era. DJI Avata uses DJI’s GEO 2.0 geofencing system to advise pilots of airspace restrictions and potential hazards, and to automatically prevent drones from flying near certain high-risk locations, such as airports. DJI Avata also features DJI’s AirSense ADS-B receiver system to warn drone pilots when airplanes or helicopters are nearby, and broadcasts DJI’s AeroScope signal to help authorities monitor airborne drones in sensitive locations. The overwhelming majority of drone pilots fly safely and responsibly, and DJI Avata’s high-speed performance can warrant extra attention and care from drone pilots to be aware of their surroundings. Drone pilots flying with FPV goggles should pair with a visual observer to act as a spotter, and many jurisdictions require a visual observer to watch for airspace hazards. Always fly safely and responsibly, and be sure to understand and follow the legal requirements for flight.

DJI Avata is equipped with both an Infrared Sensing System and a two-camera Downward Vision System. They help the aircraft maintain its current position, hover more precisely, fly indoors or in other environments where satellite navigation is unavailable, and identify areas such as bodies of water that are not suitable for landing. To remain oriented during flight while wearing goggles, DJI Avata and DJI Goggles 2 also display the Home Point where the drone took off from. This Augmented Reality (AR) perspective gives an extra sense of orientation to help the pilot locate the immediate environment in seconds.

An Immersive Flight Experience for Every Skill Level
DJI Avata allows pilots from beginners to professionals to choose from multiple flight modes to match their skill level:
  • Normal (N) Mode: During N mode operation, DJI Avata operates similarly to other DJI drones, hovering in place with the use of satellite navigation and/or visual positioning systems (VPS) on the bottom of the drone.
  • Manual (M) Mode (only with the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2): Fly in M mode for complete, limitless control and the full FPV immersive flight experience. Experienced users can customize parameters and enjoy flight and footage unlike anything else.
  • Sport (S) Mode: A new hybrid blend of M and N mode, S mode offers some of the dynamic movement capabilities that come with M mode along with some of the key safety features of N mode. S mode is the middle step between the three modes and was developed to give pilots more room to explore their skills as they get accustomed to the drone.

Become an FPV Master With the DJI Virtual Flight App
DJI Avata is controlled with the DJI Fly app, which includes detailed tutorials on how to operate the drone. The DJI Virtual Flight App is a free simulator app that familiarizes new pilots with drone flying movements in an easy, fun and risk-free environment. The simulator allows pilots to fly DJI Avata in various settings using the dedicated controller.

Accessories to Boost Your Flight
An array of new DJI Avata accessories offers pilots extra technology to get the most out of every flight and make the most of their equipment: [5]
       ●      DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery
       ●      DJI Avata Battery Charging Hub
       ●      DJI Avata Propellers
       ●      DJI Avata Upper Frame
       ●      DJI Avata Propeller Guard
       ●      DJI Avata ND Filters Set (ND8/16/32)
       ●      DJI 65W Portable Charger
       ●      DJI 65W Car Charger
       ●      DJI Goggles Carry More Backpack
7.jpg
DJI Avata is the easiest to fly and most exciting FPV immersive flight experience drone for anyone who ever dreamed of flying like a bird. It gives creators a transformational tool to confidently capture the rapturous feeling of flight, indoors or out. With the birth of DJI Avata, anyone can experience the thrilling experience of moving through the world unbound.
Price and Availability
DJI Avata is available today from store.dji.com and most authorized retail partners in several configurations. A standalone version of DJI Avata retails for $629 USD without a remote controller, motion controller, or goggles, which is ideal for those who already have a compatible model to control and view from the drone. The DJI Avata Pro-View Combo retails for $1388 USD and includes DJI Avata, DJI Goggles 2 and the DJI Motion Controller. The DJI Avata Fly Smart Combo retails for $1168 USD and includes DJI Avata, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the DJI Motion Controller. The DJI Avata Fly More Kit retails for $279 USD and includes two DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Batteries and one DJI Avata Battery Charging Hub.

For more information on all the new features, accessories, and capabilities, please visit www.dji.com/Avata

DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh, the comprehensive protection plan for DJI products, is now available for DJI Avata. Accidental damage is covered by the replacement service, including flyaway, collisions, and water damage. For a small additional charge, you can have your damaged product replaced if an accident occurs.
8.jpg

DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) includes up to two replacements in one year. DJI Care Refresh (2-Year Plan) includes up to three replacements in two years and extends the original warranty up to two years from the date of purchase. Other services of DJI Care Refresh include rewards for safe flight and free shipping. For a full list of details, please visit: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh

DJI Avata for SkyPixel
DJI is excited to see the new types of creative works that will be realized with Avata. To bring this opportunity to the world, SkyPixel – the leading global community for aerial photographers and videographers – is also launching two campaigns that will give pilots everywhere the chance to fly and shoot with this new immersive experience drone. The SkyPixel Product Tryout Program will send DJI Avata to select users to experience for a limited time to create and share their content to a wider audience, with a chance to win their very own DJI Avata drone. The Born to Fly Creative Content Challenge is a contest to see the best videos that the aerial community can make with the new drone for a chance to earn DJI Credit. For more detailed information, please visit the official SkyPixel site.

[1] Always fly with caution following your local regulations. Don't fly FPV without a spotter.
[2] 2.7k 120fps is achieved by using the DJI FPV Goggles V2
[3] DJI Avata is compatible with DJI Goggles 2, the DJI FPV Goggles V2, and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.
[4] DJI Avata has a maximum range of 10 km when unobstructed, free of interference, and FCC-compliant. Maximum flight range specification is a proxy for radio link strength and resilience. Always fly your drone within visual line of sight unless otherwise permitted and check local laws and regulations in the region being operated.
[5] Accessories sold separately. Availability may vary.

2022-8-25
Use props
LotusNoir77
lvl.1
Canada

The new goggles are not compatible with Airunit and Airunit Vista.

What a joke.
2022-8-25
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Avata look really cool, great job Dji! And those new goggles are impressive.
2022-8-25
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What the @#$% I can't order just the Avata ! Only Combos are for sale ! That really sucks !
2022-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2022-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Drone Junkie RC Posted at 8-25 05:45
What the @#$% I can't order just the Avata ! Only Combos are for sale ! That really sucks !

Ai. I did not notice that.
2022-8-25
Use props
escore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Wow! Looks interesting! Any idea if it will get CE classification?
2022-8-25
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Malaysia

With this launch, it's almost certain we'll see DJI Pocket 3 this year. This drone's release was there on the roadmap leak.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Le ... -2022.584517.0.html
2022-8-25
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

DJI's strategy sell it without the radio command to sell their stock of DJI Motion Controller and without specifying that it is only usable with the normal mode so do not throw yourself on it for the moment because you will not be able to make FPV with
2022-8-25
Use props
RexAlba
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Double post, sorry.
2022-8-25
Use props
RexAlba
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Come on DJI... I do not want your motion controller.

If anything it should be packaged with the normal FPV controller.

I DO want these goggles for use with my existing air units/vistas though!

PLEASE sell everything seperately and add the backwards compatability to the goggles, otherwise it has to be a no from me.
2022-8-25
Use props
weepninnybong
New

United States

I'm seeing on some reviews that the max speed is only accessible in manual mode and that manual mode is only accessible with the FPV remote controller.  Does that mean max speed isn't achievable with the motion controller?  
2022-8-25
Use props
flybey
New

United States

I am looking to buy my first drone. Should I get the DJI Mini 3 Pro or DJI Avata. I will be using the drone as a beginner real estate photographer and videographer.
2022-8-25
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
France

flybey Posted at 8-25 10:22
I am looking to buy my first drone. Should I get the DJI Mini 3 Pro or DJI Avata. I will be using the drone as a beginner real estate photographer and videographer.

Dji Mini 3 pro
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_2wi4Bdjc1nzv
New

United States

No remote control bundle no buy!
2022-8-25
Use props
Red Zeppelin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

I'm with the recent comments regards the lack of an FPV RC option.

I was all in for the Avata, but bundling it with the motion controller only is cynical at best, and continues the lazy attitude DJI has had towards it's customers of late, with beta drones released as supposed commercially complete products and only fully realised months down the line - M3 and Mini 3 Pro to be exact.

You lost an Avata early adopter. Your crown is slipping DJI, and I'm ready to move to another kingdom
2022-8-25
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

weepninnybong Posted at 8-25 10:03
I'm seeing on some reviews that the max speed is only accessible in manual mode and that manual mode is only accessible with the FPV remote controller.  Does that mean max speed isn't achievable with the motion controller?

Yes. The same is true for the DJI FPV also.
2022-8-25
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mini 3 pro
2022-8-25
Use props
weepninnybong
New

United States

Drone Junkie RC Posted at 8-25 13:08
Yes. The same is true for the DJI FPV also.

Thanks for the info.  I will probably end up waiting until a combo with the FPV controller is available or buy  them a la carte.  There are a lot of things I like about the new product, but the packages aren't one of them unfortunately.
2022-8-25
Use props
BigDog816
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1800295 ft
Australia

Mini 3 Pro.
2022-8-25
Use props
BigDog816
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1800295 ft
Australia

Red Zeppelin Posted at 8-25 12:16
I'm with the recent comments regards the lack of an FPV RC option.

I was all in for the Avata, but bundling it with the motion controller only is cynical at best, and continues the lazy attitude DJI has had towards it's customers of late, with beta drones released as supposed commercially complete products and only fully realised months down the line - M3 and Mini 3 Pro to be exact.

While there aren't a huge number of comments here yet.  

It does seem that some things that would appear really simple for DJI to do, Bundling, Compatability etc could easily be identified by DJI by talking to their users.

Will be interesting to see how all the YouTube reviews go, and if they gloss over these items.
2022-8-25
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
France

BigDog816 Posted at 8-25 14:14
While there aren't a huge number of comments here yet.  

It does seem that some things that would appear really simple for DJI to do, Bundling, Compatability etc could easily be identified by DJI by talking to their users.

today I watched some videos and sponsored youtubers do not talk about it unfortunately, must surely wait for the opinion of the average user but most people only follow known youtubers, I think that many new buyers will be fooled
2022-8-25
Use props
Goodbye Lo-Fi
lvl.1

United States

I own 16 air units, 2 sets of goggles and both of the controllers. It is unacceptable that these goggles are not compatible with the v1 air units when the ability to do so is merely a matter of allowing them to do so. Make them compatible now. This is a horrible way to treat your customers.
2022-8-25
Use props
fansbc3adabc
New
United States

I would have easily bought the Avata today had it at least worked with my DJI FPV drone. I can wait for a new air unit to be available but I can’t believe DJI wouldn’t make there product work with the other  FPV drone they make. For me the Avata doesn’t do what my existing cinewhoops can but the goggles 2 were the catch for me and the lack of capability is a lost sale to DJI for me. Hopefully you will hear the demand and provide compatibility.
2022-8-25
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

by just watching some YT videos, it looks much easier and handier  to operate than any other FPV drones in the market.
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_NCKyc8hZtjYA
New

Russia

It will be possible to connect the avata to black remote control 1 ?
2022-8-25
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

cool new dji fpv drone... thanks dji...
2022-8-25
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

weepninnybong Posted at 8-25 13:58
Thanks for the info.  I will probably end up waiting until a combo with the FPV controller is available or buy  them a la carte.  There are a lot of things I like about the new product, but the packages aren't one of them unfortunately.

I totally agree. I'm very disappointed that us existing customers of the original FPV must wait an extra 20 days to buy the stand alone Avata.
2022-8-25
Use props
HighlandAirhead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615361 ft
United Kingdom

Drone Junkie RC Posted at 8-25 19:39
I totally agree. I'm very disappointed that us existing customers of the original FPV must wait an extra 20 days to buy the stand alone Avata.

Where did the "20 days" come from, I have received no guidance from DJI on when to be able to build unit separately?

I am also starting to wonder whether I should wait for another "pro" release of the Avata given what I have ready on this thread.
2022-8-25
Use props
F.P.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715059 ft

Austria

Please make the Goggles 2 compatible with the existing DJI Digital FPV System. I will instantly buy them if you do.
If you don't, these goggles are useless to a lot of us, which would be a shame.
They would also be inferior to the V2 goggles in terms of compatibility.
2022-8-25
Use props
Markus Dinger
New
Flight distance : 11053 ft
France

Are the DJI FPV Googles 2 compatible with  the Mini 3 Pro (DJI O3)? Is the DJI RC controller compatible with AVATA? I have already bought a Mini 3 Pro and was wondering if there is any AVATA hardware that can be used with Mini3 or vice-versa.
2022-8-25
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

send me 2 lol
2022-8-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  
2022-8-26
Use props
SigF
lvl.1

United States

I am sorry DJI, you have some great products but show no care for your customers.  Goggles 2 looks amazing but there is no way I am going to spend that kind of money for something that can not be used with Air Units or Vista.  I will wait a month or two to see if DJI reconsiders, or else I will be moving forward with Walksnail.
2022-8-26
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

HighlandAirhead Posted at 8-25 21:31
Where did the "20 days" come from, I have received no guidance from DJI on when to be able to build unit separately?

I am also starting to wonder whether I should wait for another "pro" release of the Avata given what I have ready on this thread.

Best Buy website !
2022-8-26
Use props
bp328igmail.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124590 ft
United States

Don't want the Avata, but I would have bought a combo yesterday IF the new Goggles 2 were backwards compatible with the Vista's and Air Units!

With no mention of a new Air Unit yesterday that means currently your new high-end goggles work with one product. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to make new goggles that only work with one product (or not include that a new Air Unit is coming soon) should be fired.

To add to this, you don't include a proper radio with the Avata? Guess you have a warehouse full of the Motion Controllers sitting around that you're trying to clear out.

2022-8-26
Use props
BMos4242
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1415981 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be using the Mini 3 for real estate shots. It has Quickshots, Mastershots, Active Track 4.0 the Avata  video will need more edited and can't really get the same quality. Additionally the Mini 3 has tri directional sensing. For inside the house/building though the Avata would be very nice.
2022-8-26
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1240538 ft
Ireland

That's a tough one.

The mini 3 seems perfect for outside shots, with built in functions that will help showcase a house (ex: rotating around the house, or zooming out, ..). I own this drone and I love it.

However my understanding is that the Avata can be flown inside and that would definitely add value in your line of work. Imagine flying from room to room under chairs, over furniture and through  open windows.

2022-8-26
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1240538 ft
Ireland

I have a question with regards to the noise level. The Avata seems quieter than the DJI FPV. Although I like the 'Tie Fighter' noise that the DJI PFV makes I would be interested in something quieter for when I fly near my home as to not annoy my neighbors.

Q: is the Avata quieter than the Mini 3?
2022-8-26
Use props
djiuser_F1gFs9pyi7xj
New

United States

The new Goggles 2 really needs to expand compatibility to the DJI Air Unit and Air Unit Lite (Vista). There are thousands of people you are going to hold off on getting the new digital system if they feel like all the work and money they put into building there FPV drones is just going to be left behind.
2022-8-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules