New DJI Avata Firmware Released (08/25/2022)
12671 48 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 9-10 21:40
Is there a firmware update for the Avata Battery and the Goggles 2 Battery?  If so can this be done through DJI Assistant 2?

RESOLVED - I guess you can't upgrade firmware on battery using the DJI Assistant 2.  After upgrading Avaya, Motion Controller & Goggles with DJI Assistant 2, when I went to fly the first time after with each battery, it did the upgrade offline through the DJI Goggles 2.  So all is good
2022-9-13
Use props
JohnnyHendrikus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 676798 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Will there be a firmware update that will allow for 24/25/30fps recording? Seems silly that this is angled as a cinewhoop, yet the actual "cine" / video functions are limited.
2022-9-13
Use props
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_3E1HQWwIRtW9 Posted at 9-9 05:50
I bought a new DJI AVATA. I switched off EIS and changed FOV to wide. But when uploading to gyroflow it does not detect any gyro data. The video codec is HEVC whereas the tutorials on YouTube show codec as H264.... what am I doing wrong?

Same for me. I installed new FW yesterday. Today I had new/old .LRF files due to the new firmware, but no Gyroflow data seen by the app with Gyroflow v1.2.0. Not seeing what is different with my config vs. what all the YouTubers are saying.
2022-9-21
Use props
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_O4fE6VyWEmM9 Posted at 9-6 13:28
Hi, apologies if this issue has been talked about to death!...But I have the same problem, however the DJI Assistant 2 (FPV Series) that I get off the DJI website doesn't support Mac IOS 11 or above, and all of my Macs are running on the latest IOS, the phone support from DJI was of no use as the poor person on the end of the phone just didn't have any idea.  Am I missing an updated link to download the new firmware??...

I had this same issue, although I am running macOS 13--newer macOS have more restrictive USB access. Yesterday I received this post. I uninstalled the app on my Mac which i downloaded for a previous purchase of V2 goggles. It was out of date and there was no indication there was a newer version.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
The update to v2.1.11 solved my issue.
2022-9-21
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4754715 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Kosb Posted at 8-25 06:47
Hi! What about embedding gyroscope data in the recorded video on the aircraft on DJI FPV? When will it be available? The drone is awesome, but stabilization is really bad in comparison with the go pro and Reelsteady go and Gyro Flow stabilization. You guys will receive a ton of new sales for your DJI FPV drones if you give us an opportunity to use other apps for stabilization.

+1
Please do it
2022-9-28
Use props
Flyer01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18566 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi ,
I've just had the Avata for a few days and when I put the Goggle V2 on I see a double image.
How do I get 1 sharp image? Without closing one eye?

Updating again doesn't help. Any suggestion to fix the problem?
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Flyer01 Posted at 9-29 13:45
Hi ,
I've just had the Avata for a few days and when I put the Goggle V2 on I see a double image.
How do I get 1 sharp image? Without closing one eye?

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
In some cases, white words on a black background may blur when being viewed from certain angles.
Please try to use your Goggles again to see if your problem still exists.
If you always meet this problem, please send us a related video.
Thank you.
2022-9-29
Use props
nablaising1gmail.com
New
United States

I am so incredibly unhappy with you DJI. MY $2500 dollar investment in Your avata just went down the drain after this update. My $900 dollar Motorola One 5G phone is not supported and my avata just became a brick. The community is aware and now the resale value of this fully equipped Avata kit has plummeted. I'm truly outraged and doubt I'll ever buy your products again. $50,000 invested with your company in 8 years.. Would have been 75k in the next 8 if you developed the I3. Way to go.

Will the Motorola One 5G become compatible? If not I'll likely destroy this kit in a firey death behind my house. It instantly became worthless for me and my business.
2022-12-25
Use props
Gordon Macrae
New

New Zealand

Hi, I bought the motion 2 controller for my Avata, updated the firmware and took it out for a test run. Nearly lost my drone as I now have a significant drift issue. Has anyone else noticed this?
2023-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules