lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In my opinion the Goggles 2 really need to be backward compatible
What do you think?

ALSO SIGN PETITION IF YOU AGREE: https://chng.it/6K8yhkgqFT

SMALL UPDATE 9TH SEPT 2022
Nurk, Drew Camden and few others have said they have spoken with DJI and that backwards compatibility is being worked on BUT NO confirmations from DJI yet. (LInks BELOW to both)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RhtxQCEiD5A

Single SelectVote, Total 182 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
21241c0c-00b2-4903-8081-7d9bc1b197c4.jpg
2022-8-25
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopfully this will be fixed with Firmware
2022-8-25
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

to be honest if they arent, why bother with them :/
I would love smaller size and nice screens, but if they only for fpv/avata - skip them, also in US v2 did get price reduction, which should follow on EU market too shortly
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJI Goggles 2 only support the DJI Avata now, DJI Digital FPV System will be supported in the future. Please pay attention to the firmware release information of the product. If more models are compatible, we will release the firmware as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.
2022-8-25
Use props
FreeFlyer2017
lvl.1
United States

Compatibility is a MUST! I imagine they will fix this once they sell their back stock of v2's
2022-8-25
Use props
BoOsT079
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 8-25 06:05
DJI Goggles 2 only support the DJI Avata now, DJI Digital FPV System will be supported in the future. Please pay attention to the firmware release information of the product. If more models are compatible, we will release the firmware as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.

Pleaseeeee make the Goggles 2 compatible with the old Air unit and Vista/Link ... i have the Dji Fpv drone and 8 drones with your Air unit/vistas... and i really want to buy the new goggles and for now one new air unit 03, but i want to fly my old stuff while i have it and slowly upgrade to the new air units. That would make more sense,  because i cant afford to chance all my gear right now. DJI pleaseeeee, dont let me down!!!
2022-8-25
Use props
Micky FPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Petition Here: https://chng.it/6K8yhkgqFT
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_OjbMUFh4Dyon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22569 ft
United States

DJI Goggles 2 only support the DJI Avata now, DJI Digital FPV System will be supported in the future. Please pay attention to the firmware release information of the product. If more models are compatible, we will release the firmware as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.

Does this include the DJI Fpv drone as an incompatible device?
2022-8-25
Use props
fansf0882d3a
lvl.4

United States

Yes please!  Pretty pretty please!
2022-8-25
Use props
fansf0882d3a
lvl.4

United States

Either make them backwards compatable or let us have a free upgrades to the new air unit v3?  
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_tpJrDi5F7JVp
New

Brazil

Please add suport!
2022-8-25
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_OjbMUFh4Dyon Posted at 8-25 16:22
Does this include the DJI Fpv drone as an incompatible device?

Correct!  The DJI Goggles 2 will only support the new Avata (as of today's release on 8/25/2022).

The lack of backward comparability is what so many existing FPV pilots are frustrated over.  
2022-8-25
Use props
Andrei G.
lvl.1

Mauritius

Compatibility is a must, a lot of fpv pilots are expecting this
2022-8-25
Use props
Marco Borio
New
United States

this question should have never being asked! if the hardware is compatible there is no reason to even ask the question... it should be there as standard feature. In this way all FPV pilots are looking and open for other options from other vendors... with the retro compatibility all DJI HD FPV pilots won't even bother to look around. At least I would't...
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_8muYwizdpFSW
New
Flight distance : 739528 ft
United States

Me and a group of Fpv enthusiasts were all going to buy the entire Avata kit just for the goggles, now I don’t see the point if they only work with one drone. It seems they are leaving those of us who have supported them in the Fpv community for the last several years behind.
2022-8-25
Use props
TooSlow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19452 ft
United States

DJI is leaving money on the table by not allowing these goggles to be used with Air Unit/Vista or DJI FPV drones… the accessory market is where the money is made. It’s not just an act of good faith, it’s good business. Lengthening the lifespan of their existing products with an updated accessory is smart business… choosing not to act on this is thoughtless…
2022-8-25
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

absolute MUST for me....

I've a few air units v1 and also DJI FPV.
Id 100% buy an Avata Drone & Goggles 2, IF they are compatible with existing hardware.

but if they are not compatible, its just not worth it...

sure, the goggles 2 are nicer...
but not enough for me to fork out for both new goggles and a bunch or new air units (rumoured to be around $300!).
nor the inconvenience of messing about with different/ incompatible systems.
(it was bad enough with the v2 and 'dji fpv mode', but at least it was compatible)

similarly the avatar drone is nice....
but, at this price, with incompatibility, I might as well just buy a cinewhoop and use a GoPro and my existing air units.

so DJI are shooting themselves in the foot here...
its currently gone from a 'must have' , to nah... I'll stick with what I have.

also if DJI are going to abandon products, then even if I were to switch...

I think id wait for another 'generation', wait for googles 3, given this modus operandi they be incompatible w/ goggle 2/avata!
so, we need to see commitment from to support for existing products, if they want us to upgrade.

2022-8-26
Use props
mizik
lvl.2
France

Adding my vote, of course having backwards compatibility is a MUST. Please make it happen
2022-8-26
Use props
scotty151
New
Flight distance : 60348 ft

United Kingdom

The DJI Goggles v2 were advertised to get unlocked to work with Air 2S but DJI haven't done that so they will not want to do it with these goggles 2 and the air & vista units.
2022-8-26
Use props
OscarM
lvl.1
Canada

This question should have never being asked!
I wont purchase Goggle v2 unless its backward  compatible with the old DJI Airunit and the Vista
2022-8-26
Use props
djiuser_i5NOBwYhi29N
New

United Arab Emirates

Make it backwards compatible and you will sell goggles for the entire HD community, BE SMART DJI. I have 7 HD systems amongst Airunit/vistas, will not buy anything until confirmation that i can run all my quads on the goggles 2.
BE SMART DJI!
2022-8-26
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes they need to be made compatible!
2022-8-26
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

DJI Goggles 2 only support the DJI Avata now, DJI Digital FPV System will be supported in the future. Please pay attention to the firmware release information of the product. If more models are compatible, we will release the firmware as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.

Thanks DJI Susan, as you can see many ( i would say 99%) want goggles 2 to be compatible with DJI Air Unit and Vista, we all hope it's going to happen !!
2022-8-26
Use props
mifish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 456188 ft
Canada

Indeed!  Does anyone know if the Goggles 2 can connect to Goggles v2 in observer mode? ( or visa versa ?  eg/ Are the Goggles 2 at least compatible with Goggles v2 or DJI FPV? Can I set my Goggles v2 to broadcast from my DJI FPV or Air Unit, and have the Goggles 2 connect to that feed? )
2022-8-26
Use props
djiuser_F1gFs9pyi7xj
New

United States

Yes… there are thousands of people who are waiting to buy the new goggles 2 because they think all of there work and money is just going to go to waste by investing again in a system that may not be compatible later down the road with their FPV drones.
2022-8-26
Use props
Skippyio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 365938 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have 10 DJI/DJI lite air units in my aircraft collection and there is no way I will be buying the new DJI air units for them.  Though, I'm all ready to give DJI my money for the smaller, lighter, better Goggles 2 if they make them backwards compatible.  DJI must be mad if they don't make them backwards compatible.  They will lose a lot of business.
2022-8-26
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

Skippyio Posted at 8-26 12:15
I have 10 DJI/DJI lite air units in my aircraft collection and there is no way I will be buying the new DJI air units for them.  Though, I'm all ready to give DJI my money for the smaller, lighter, better Goggles 2 if they make them backwards compatible.  DJI must be mad if they don't make them backwards compatible.  They will lose a lot of business.

Fully agree, this poll confirm it !!
2022-8-26
Use props
sdevulder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661801 ft
France

mifish Posted at 8-26 09:04
Indeed!  Does anyone know if the Goggles 2 can connect to Goggles v2 in observer mode? ( or visa versa ?  eg/ Are the Goggles 2 at least compatible with Goggles v2 or DJI FPV? Can I set my Goggles v2 to broadcast from my DJI FPV or Air Unit, and have the Goggles 2 connect to that feed? )

No they don't. I need this feature too.
2022-8-27
Use props
jamesn1960
lvl.1

Australia

In RC planes, gliders drones I have a mix of 12 airunits and 5 vista flight packs and until DJI make their new Goggles 2 compatible they'll not receive any more business from me.
2022-8-27
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have chosen yes but the V2's are quite good enough in any situation at 810 resolution. Slightly better latency too over the new Goggle 2 due to it having to deal with 1080. Hardly noticeable really to normal use and pilots. Would be real handy to have the compatibility though and they've already mentioned it may come in future FW updates. There's also the 2 ixed antennas when the V2's have 4 which are obviously changeable with @better@ antennas. Not sure I'm a fan of 2 fixed but foldable ones and then there's the battery life of 2hrs.....
2022-8-28
Use props
Nuh7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256411 ft
Germany

Mat8861 Posted at 8-26 12:28
Fully agree, this poll confirm it !!

DJI looks at the thread and thats it.
But if ever second thread in the forum is about this topic, that could move something.
Y‘all should start a new topic
2022-8-28
Use props
Nuh7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256411 ft
Germany

djiuser_i5NOBwYhi29N Posted at 8-26 06:46
Make it backwards compatible and you will sell goggles for the entire HD community, BE SMART DJI. I have 7 HD systems amongst Airunit/vistas, will not buy anything until confirmation that i can run all my quads on the goggles 2.
BE SMART DJI!

No need for DJI to prove how smart they are. They obviously sold you a lot of stuff and you will probably get the goggles 2 as well
2022-8-28
Use props
SpotMedia
lvl.1

Portugal

If they do it backward compatible, I'll buy two pairs on that same day. If not well V2's that I allready have, will do the job
2022-8-28
Use props
AKdroneflier
lvl.2
United States

DJI really “shot itself in the foot” with this Avata release!  I wouldn’t have been able to resist and would have purchased immediately if there had been a package option to get just the FPV Googles 2 and the Avata drone,.. and would hope that at some point soon the new Goggles 2 would be compatible with my original FPV Drone, and hopefully eventually backward compatible with the DJI Air Unit and Vista Unit.  Why should I waste money on a second Motion Controller? And I already also own a DJI FPV controller 2 so I don’t need a second one of those either (not that that was even offered).   As usual, DJI exhibits total disregard for its existing FPV customer base with the manner in which it has released the new Goggles 2,.. why not at least state that a coming software update will soon make them backwards compatible with the original DJI FPV Drone and with the original DJI Air Units and Vista Units?  Clearly this should be possible since the FPVGoggles v2 will work with the new Avata drone!  As interested as I am in the new Goggles 2, this is a “No Buy” for me because of the current lack of backward compatibility with the existing DJI FPV products and because I don’t feel like being extorted into buying another Motion Controller.
2022-8-28
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

AKdroneflier Posted at 8-28 08:52
DJI really “shot itself in the foot” with this Avata release!  I wouldn’t have been able to resist and would have purchased immediately if there had been a package option to get just the FPV Googles 2 and the Avata drone,.. and would hope that at some point soon the new Goggles 2 would be compatible with my original FPV Drone, and hopefully eventually backward compatible with the DJI Air Unit and Vista Unit.  Why should I waste money on a second Motion Controller? And I already also own a DJI FPV controller 2 so I don’t need a second one of those either (not that that was even offered).   As usual, DJI exhibits total disregard for its existing FPV customer base with the manner in which it has released the new Goggles 2,.. why not at least state that a coming software update will soon make them backwards compatible with the original DJI FPV Drone and with the original DJI Air Units and Vista Units?  Clearly this should be possible since the FPVGoggles v2 will work with the new Avata drone!  As interested as I am in the new Goggles 2, this is a “No Buy” for me because of the current lack of backward compatibility with the existing DJI FPV products and because I don’t feel like being extorted into buying another Motion Controller.

I wish I could keep upvoting this comment...
2022-8-28
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

just return from time to time to keep it alive and up in ranks - so more ppl can join petition
more then half-way to 5k
2022-8-28
Use props
Micky FPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Met up with a big group yesterday, there was 11 people with Digital FPV goggles and NOT ONE person had ordered the Avata and said they would not order the Goggles 2 either if there is no backward compatibility.
2022-8-29
Use props
Aerorealms
lvl.2
Spain

Micky FPV Posted at 8-29 03:02
Met up with a big group yesterday, there was 11 people with Digital FPV goggles and NOT ONE person had ordered the Avata and said they would not order the Goggles 2 either if there is no backward compatibility.

in my Club DJI will get banned forever if in the comming days they don't make Goggles 2 backwards compatible. DJI it's going to loose a lot of money.
2022-8-29
Use props
BMos4242
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1415981 ft
  • >>>
United States

I notice after updating my V2 goggles firmware they now say Air unit, DJI FPV Sys, and Avata. This would lead me to believe it is possible for the Goggles 2 to be compatible with Air unit and DJI FPV systems. If the older V2 goggles can run all three systems I don't understand why the goggles 2 can't? Personally I don't believe DJI will ever make goggles 2 compatible. History has proven that with the original air unit and original goggles. This is DJI being DJI.
2022-8-29
Use props
Aerorealms
lvl.2
Spain

BMos4242 Posted at 8-29 05:14
I notice after updating my V2 goggles firmware they now say Air unit, DJI FPV Sys, and Avata. This would lead me to believe it is possible for the Goggles 2 to be compatible with Air unit and DJI FPV systems. If the older V2 goggles can run all three systems I don't understand why the goggles 2 can't? Personally I don't believe DJI will ever make goggles 2 compatible. History has proven that with the original air unit and original goggles. This is DJI being DJI.

Perfect, then it's the end of DJI in our club.
2022-8-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules