Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Avata only being sold as Combo
1930 15 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighlandAirhead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615361 ft
United Kingdom

Very disappointed to see you cannot purchase DJI Avata ( No RC ) on its own, only the DJI Avata Pro-View Combo, once again fails to reward loyalty in its products.
2022-8-25
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

what You saying... it's sold solo - maybe depends on each market... or just they wanna milk early buyers most push them for sets
what is pain for EU, is that new goggles 2 are not standalone, only in 1400euro pack :/
and it's not even fly more pack, that is extra 249euros...

EU pack

EU pack
2022-8-25
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, just tyhoughjt that too. You have to reserve it and then they let you know. Got 2 sets of V2 goggles and the Controller 2 with the FPV. Wanted the drone, additional battery and the filter set. Sucks you can't just buy them. No use for pilots who already have half the package. DJI needs to have a word. This drone fit's into my cinewhoop flying and can then sell my Cinelog30 to replace it with this.
2022-8-25
Use props
HighlandAirhead
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 8-25 06:42
Yeah, just tyhoughjt that too. You have to reserve it and then they let you know. Got 2 sets of V2 goggles and the Controller 2 with the FPV. Wanted the drone, additional battery and the filter set. Sucks you can't just buy them. No use for pilots who already have half the package. DJI needs to have a word. This drone fit's into my cinewhoop flying and can then sell my Cinelog30 to replace it with this.

That's exactly what I wanted to buy as well, as I said DJI don't reward loyalty which makes no sense.
2022-8-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

HighlandAirhead Posted at 8-25 07:09
That's exactly what I wanted to buy as well, as I said DJI don't reward loyalty which makes no sense.

I was about to purchase avata but "reserve" stopped me and as I have V2 goggles and RC I see no point in shelling 900+ Euro just to try Avata
2022-8-25
Use props
fans2963e372
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed. I was going to order one too but like so many others, I already have the goggles and controller from the FPV package and don't need all the extras.  Just wanted to chime in. I am assuming this might change sooner or later.
2022-8-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

So that's why the solo version isn't on Amazon... didn't realised that "Reserve" button on the official store till you pointed it out.

What a messed up release, and all because they want to get rid of the old stock. This release seems like a bait to me, you need to spend a more than 1800€ if you want the new glasses, the standard controller and three batteries and you won't even get a bag to carry it or a 60W charger.

Just going to wait for a proper combo (batts+controller+new goggles)/SE version/discount/Avata 2.
2022-8-25
Use props
HighlandAirhead
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-25 11:27
So that's why the solo version isn't on Amazon... didn't realised that "Reserve" button on the official store till you pointed it out.

What a messed up release, and all because they want to get rid of the old stock. This release seems like a bait to me, you need to spend a more than 1800€ if you want the new glasses, the standard controller and three batteries and you won't even get a bag to carry it or a 60W charger.

Agreed, lot of people being put off buying, it's straight out of the 'how not to launch a new product' book.

2022-8-25
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 8-25 07:23
I was about to purchase avata but "reserve" stopped me and as I have V2 goggles and RC I see no point in shelling 900+ Euro just to try Avata

DJI has prioritised the bundles first to drag as much money out of new pilots first. I had a convo with one of the UK stockists and the bundles are coming in today. they have no idea or date for when the drone only boxes are coming. Stinks really. Big time dissapointment.
2022-8-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

They must have had an awful lot of motion controllers sitting around gathering dust.  I’m skipping this one as well, I’m not gonna buy all new gear just to fly a whoop.  They pulled this with the M3P as well.  I folded and bought an RC bundle that time.  No more.
2022-8-26
Use props
fans914bd1a5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7662687 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just got a 'The product you are interested in is back in stock' email for the DJI Avata (No RC) listing: The only downside is the shipping estimate is 18 business days vs 1 for the combos.
2022-8-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same, and below that it says 20 to 22 business days after payment is confirmed.  Think I’ll stand pat on this one still.
2022-8-26
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I receive a mail fro Avata No RC and order it today - says 10 days for shipment - delivery 10-11 Sep - hope it will be even sooner - My Mini 3 pro goes for sales
2022-8-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Unfortunately I agree, having never flown FPV the Remote would be the only thing I feel familiar with. I have purchased online a remote as well as the very expensive combo. Hope its worth the expense.
2022-8-26
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI's next chapter in how to screw up a new product launch.

And even worse:
The next proof that DJI is absolutely ONLY after the big, fast money and everything else (the loyal customers) has no value. But that is no surprise with such a Chinese company
2022-8-28
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

There's supposed to be a "Drone Only" option, but I haven't actually seen it available. Fortunately, the Pro View Combo meets my needs perfectly...except for the price!
2022-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules