3413 9 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quick question is the motion controller the same as as teh preous model used for the DJI FPV (V1)?

2022-8-25
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

i bet it is, as gamepad is same too
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes it is. The full controller sold with the DJI FPV drone also works with this and is required for manual flight mode.The DJI FPV goggles, those that were supplied with the DJI FPV drone are not version 1 goggles. They are an unnamed version.
2022-8-25
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 06:58
Yes it is. The full controller sold with the DJI FPV drone also works with this and is required for manual flight mode.The DJI FPV goggles, those that were supplied with the DJI FPV drone are not version 1 goggles. They are an unnamed version.

DJI, rather confusingly, refer to the FPV goggles as “FPV Goggles V2” and the new goggles as “DJI Goggles 2”

The Avata is compatible with the original DJI FPV aircraft kit, FPV Remote V2, FPV Goggles V2 & DJI Motion controller.
2022-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 06:58

I have never flown FPV and am interested but seems strange that it isn’t sold with a remote. Is there much of a difference flying with the joystick , is the experience the same better or worse ?
2022-8-25
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll give the motion control a try first and if it doesn't work out for me I would purchase the RC.
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Exib. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Motion Controller supports the DJI Avata and DJI FPV aircrafts. For additional, reference I will post a DJI Link where in you can learn more about the new DJI Avata and find the Frequently Asked Questions for the DJI Avata below. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/avata?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 8-25 08:25
I have never flown FPV and am interested but seems strange that it isn’t sold with a remote. Is there much of a difference flying with the joystick , is the experience the same better or worse ?

The motion controller is one of those use twice, and put away devices. It has a point and shoot interface with the goggles. A circle that shows where the motion controller will direct the drone.

I fly lots of fixed wings helis etc with 4 axis joystick removes so the twin stick controller is more natural for me. Including some fixed wing FPV and Quadcopters.
Also you cant fly manual mode with the motion controller, you need the full controller for manual.

My Avata arrives Monday so I will post compatibility assurances once I have tested.
FPV flying is fantastic fun. You should try it.

2022-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 22:19
The motion controller is one of those use twice, and put away devices. It has a point and shoot interface with the goggles. A circle that shows where the motion controller will direct the drone.

I fly lots of fixed wings helis etc with 4 axis joystick removes so the twin stick controller is more natural for me. Including some fixed wing FPV and Quadcopters.

Cheers mate thank you.
2022-8-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 22:19
The motion controller is one of those use twice, and put away devices. It has a point and shoot interface with the goggles. A circle that shows where the motion controller will direct the drone.

concur.

having flown regular remote controller (rc) so long can't seem to get the hang of the motion controller.  for me, the rc is better.  but i can see where the motion controller is going to be better in the long run once i get to expert level.  just not there yet.
2022-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules