6182 20 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, this unit is compatible with the FPV Goggles V2? and the remote controller that comes with the FVP drone? I own the FPV drone and already have these...

Please make the v2 goggles compatible with the Air2S... Or make the Air2S compatable with the V2 goggles.

Steve

2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think the issues are related to the O3+ specification. So Only O3+ devices will ever be compatible. I would expect O3+ air units will come on line at some stage. Now we just need to make do with our Goggles RE and the O2 air units.
2022-8-25
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 06:46
I think the issues are related to the O3+ specification. So Only O3+ devices will ever be compatible. I would expect O3+ air units will come on line at some stage. Now we just need to make do with our Goggles RE and the O2 air units.

Well, make the Air2S compatable with the V1 goggles then, I have both, and the RE. I can use the RE goggles with the smart controller, and an HDMI cable, but it would be better with V2 or V1...wireless.

Its a shame that I have 3 sets of DJI goggles and cant use any of them with the Air2S which is my favorite out of the 8 DJI drones I own.

2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DigitalBoss Posted at 8-25 06:53
Well, make the Air2S compatable with the V1 goggles then, I have both, and the RE. I can use the RE goggles with the smart controller, and an HDMI cable, but it would be better with V2 or V1...wireless.

The Goggles RE are Occusync 2 and not compatible with Occusync 3+

I do not know what you mean by V1 goggles. What did you buy them with?
2022-8-25
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 07:02
The Goggles RE are Occusync 2 and not compatible with Occusync 3+

I do not know what you mean by V1 goggles. What did you buy them with?

The FPV Air Units. They work with the FPV goggles v1. I have 2 iFlight Titan DC5 drones with the FPV Air Units on each. The FPV Air Units work with the FPV V1 Goggles. I believe they have been discontinued. They are now sold by Caddix

I also have an old F450 with an Ocusync Air Unit that works with the Goggles RE.
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DigitalBoss Posted at 8-25 07:10
The FPV Air Units. They work with the FPV goggles v1. I have 2 iFlight Titan DC5 drones with the FPV Air Units on each. The FPV Air Units work with the FPV V1 Goggles. I believe they have been discontinued.

I also have an old F450 with an Ocusync Air Unit that works with the Goggles RE.

Yes what you state is correct for your old systems.

But the DJI FPV drones are not compatible. There are 2 sets of goggles pre Googles 2.

The one that you bough for the air units is the original and not compatible with DJI FPV drones.
The FPV Goggles sold with the DJI FPV drone are O3+ and compatible with the DJI FPV drone products.
Then DJI released a new set of Goggles called V2

The confused everyone by this numbering scheme. they should have been called V3.

The goggles shipped with the premier AVATA system should have been called V4.

When confusion reigns profits increase.   
2022-8-25
Use props
fans674887d7
lvl.2
United States

Will the AVATA bind with the Smart Controller?
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DigitalBoss Posted at 8-25 06:53

Its a shame that I have 3 sets of DJI goggles and cant use any of them with the Air2S which is my favorite out of the 8 DJI drones I own.

You can use your Googles RE on your Air2S. You will need a DJI RC or a DJI RC Pro.

All the latest DJI drones use the DJI Fly App so no compatibility with The Smart controller. Just DJI Go and DJI Go4.

The new controllers support connecting to HDMI or Video over USB
2022-8-25
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 07:22
Yes what you state is correct for your old systems.

But the DJI FPV drones are not compatible. There are 2 sets of goggles pre Googles 2.

Fine. My point it that with all the models of goggles DJI has produced (I own most of them), its a shame that none of them are compatible with the Air2S. Period. Full stop.
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans674887d7 Posted at 8-25 07:25
Will the AVATA bind with the Smart Controller?

No completely incompatible.
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DigitalBoss Posted at 8-25 07:28
Fine. My point it that with all the models of goggles DJI has produced (I own most of them), its a shame that none of them are compatible with the Air2S. Period. Full stop.

Your DJI Goggles RE will be happy to connect to any controller or device that outputs HDMI.

I have Goggles RE and they work fine on my Air2S and my M3 Cini. Actually I have all the goggles that DJI produce usually in pairs.

Just waiting on the new goggles with the Avata now.

That will make my Seventh Set.

Did you do the back connector upgrade on your DJI Phantom 4.? I did that on my P4P and My P3P and fly them FPV all the time.
2022-8-25
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have used my RE goggles with my Air2S, yes. Seems like a better wireless, low latency option would be better.

I can use the RE goggles wireless with the P4ProV2 and with cable with my P4. The RE goggles are the most versatile goggle DJI has ever made.
2022-8-25
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DigitalBoss Posted at 8-25 07:10
The FPV Air Units. They work with the FPV goggles v1. I have 2 iFlight Titan DC5 drones with the FPV Air Units on each. The FPV Air Units work with the FPV V1 Goggles. I believe they have been discontinued. They are now sold by Caddix

DJI and Caddx have parted ways.  I believe Runcam is the new partner for making the cameras but from what I understand, no one but DJI has ever made the Air Units, including the Air Unit Lite (Vista).

I hope they find a way to make the new goggles 2 work with the air units and the original FPV drone.  The v2 goggles are compatible with the new O3 and old Air unit tech so maybe a firmware update to the new goggles 2 will add backwards compatibility.
2022-8-25
Use props
DroneGameChanger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 07:27
You can use your Googles RE on your Air2S. You will need a DJI RC or a DJI RC Pro.

All the latest DJI drones use the DJI Fly App so no compatibility with The Smart controller. Just DJI Go and DJI Go4.

You can use the smart controller with the DJI Air 2s
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Steve. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-8-25
Use props
notlkk
lvl.1
United States

Can I use the goggles and controller that came with the DJI FPV drone with Avata?
2022-8-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DroneGameChanger Posted at 8-25 09:06
You can use the smart controller with the DJI Air 2s

Yes you can but its implemented on a 32 bit thunking layer to 16 bit and functionality is limited to Occusync 2. Very suboptimal.
2022-8-27
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

notlkk Posted at 8-26 09:36
Can I use the goggles and controller that came with the DJI FPV drone with Avata?

Yes, you can
2022-8-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think they could make any of their kit compatible with each other, They simply don't so that they can sell more stuff. After all it is just radio waves
2022-8-27
Use props
DroneGameChanger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-27 06:37
Yes you can but its implemented on a 32 bit thunking layer to 16 bit and functionality is limited to Occusync 2. Very suboptimal.

Agreed!!
2022-8-27
Use props
Wafjho28
lvl.1

United States

I bet you feel really stupid about this comment LOL In hindsight
4-4 17:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules