1759 13 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

How do you feel about the DJI not including the remote in the most expensive DJI Avata combo? As "fly pro" does not even include extra batteries. This is almost like buying a car and every bit is an option... or iPhone without the charger in the box. By the way no charger with the avata. We need our USB PD brick too?

2022-8-25
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm trying to research that now.  I'm not concerned "IF" the Avata will work with my existing REMOTE CONTROLLERS (or even 1 of them).  So, I'll ask the question here and hopefully DJI or someone else knows.  Can I bind the new DJI AVATA drone up to a standard FPV Remote Controller.  I have the original "DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER" (still being sold on DJI Store around $299.00) .     

Or, can I bind with something like the "TBS TANGO 2" remote controller.  A lot of us have various Remote Controllers (RC) already.  Obviously, some features may not work like rotating the gimbal UP or Down but would be nice if we can still fly with a 3rd party RC.  If we can....that would be great!   

Anyone know?   
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI never provide more than 1 battery with the drone. Extra batteries are always sold with the Fly More Combo or on their own. Selling without a controller make good sense for those of us with the original FPV drone as we already have the controllers and goggles. If you are new to this game then you need to buy a combo. Don't criticise  DJI for saving some of us a few bucks and not impacting anyone else.
2022-8-25
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 06:52
DJI never provide more than 1 battery with the drone. Extra batteries are always sold with the Fly More Combo or on their own. Selling without a controller make good sense for those of us with the original FPV drone as we already have the controllers and goggles. If you are new to this game then you need to buy a combo. Don't criticise  DJI for saving some of us a few bucks and not impacting anyone else.

Exactly, you pay extra for Fly more combo.. but you get extra batteries, charger and a carrying case.

With DJI Avata even the TOP tier combo does not include any of that now.. The combo got more expensive than the lasts years DJI FPV and it does not even include basics now...
2022-8-25
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 06:52
DJI never provide more than 1 battery with the drone. Extra batteries are always sold with the Fly More Combo or on their own. Selling without a controller make good sense for those of us with the original FPV drone as we already have the controllers and goggles. If you are new to this game then you need to buy a combo. Don't criticise  DJI for saving some of us a few bucks and not impacting anyone else.

Do you have any 'confirmation' that our existing RC will work with the new DJI Avata?  Maybe I missed it somewhere?  I already own the original "DJI FPV REMOTE Controller" and my more recent favorite RC, the TBS TANGO 2.

Any confirmation would be appreciated.  
2022-8-25
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

RGMGFitness Posted at 8-25 06:51
I'm trying to research that now.  I'm not concerned "IF" the Avata will work with my existing REMOTE CONTROLLERS (or even 1 of them).  So, I'll ask the question here and hopefully DJI or someone else knows.  Can I bind the new DJI AVATA drone up to a standard FPV Remote Controller.  I have the original "DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER" (still being sold on DJI Store around $299.00) .     

Or, can I bind with something like the "TBS TANGO 2" remote controller.  A lot of us have various Remote Controllers (RC) already.  Obviously, some features may not work like rotating the gimbal UP or Down but would be nice if we can still fly with a 3rd party RC.  If we can....that would be great!   

You need DJI FPV Remote Controller 2. Just like with the previous DJI FPV drone.
V1 remote will not work with the Avata, but V2 remote will not work with Air Units...   
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

RGMGFitness Posted at 8-25 07:02
Do you have any 'confirmation' that our existing RC will work with the new DJI Avata?  Maybe I missed it somewhere?  I already own the original "DJI FPV REMOTE Controller" and my more recent favorite RC, the TBS TANGO 2.

Any confirmation would be appreciated.

There is much confusion here. on Goggles. And controller.

There are 3 FPV Goggle Sets.

DJI FPV Goggles that were sold with air units and a big black controller like a DJI Phantom controller. These are a modification of Occusync 2 to prevent people from connecting to the DJI Goggles RE Air units. This system is not compatible with anything else.

DJI FPV Goggles that were sold with the DJI FPV Drone. These are Occusync 3+ and compatible with the AVATA. As is both the motion controller and joystick controller.

DJI FPV Goggles V2 these are an upgrade to the DJI Goggles that sold with the DJI drone and are 100% compatible with Both DJI Drone and AVATA

DJI Produce 2 different streams of systems. The Camera Drones and the FPV drones.

There is no compatibility between the 2 product ranges at this time 26/8/2022.  
2022-8-25
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 07:14
There is much confusion here. on Goggles. And controller.

There are 3 FPV Goggle Sets.

Yes...thank you for clarifying (DJI should really use unique names for their products to avoid confusions).  Regardless....I found this one another thread posted from the "DJI ADMIN".

Bottom line...looks like I'll need to order the proper remote controller (ie. DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER 2) for this new DJI Avata drone.  Which by the way shows "OUT OF STOCK" on the DJI Store right now.  

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780

QUOTE:
DJI Goggles 2 only support the DJI Avata now, DJI Digital FPV System will be supported in the future. Please pay attention to the firmware release information of the product. If more models are compatible, we will release the firmware as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

RGMGFitness Posted at 8-25 07:22
Yes...thank you for clarifying (DJI should really use unique names for their products to avoid confusions).  Regardless....I found this one another thread posted from the "DJI ADMIN".

Bottom line...looks like I'll need to order the proper remote controller (ie. DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER 2) for this new DJI Avata drone.  Which by the way shows "OUT OF STOCK" on the DJI Store right now.  

My AVATA is ordered. Don't know how long it will take to arrive.

The DJI FPV controller is a big black box that looks like a Phantom Controller.
The FPV Controller 2 AFAIK is what shipped with the DJI FPV drone.
I also have a Motion Controller with that drone.

The Motion Controllers were not very popular so I guess that DJI had lots and lots of stock. A very clever way of getting rid of old stock is to ship it with a new product. And not give a choice.

IMHO There are lots of issues in China currently so I expect some strange things will happen. This being one of them.
2022-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

RGMGFitness Posted at 8-25 07:22
Yes...thank you for clarifying (DJI should really use unique names for their products to avoid confusions).  Regardless....I found this one another thread posted from the "DJI ADMIN".

Bottom line...looks like I'll need to order the proper remote controller (ie. DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER 2) for this new DJI Avata drone.  Which by the way shows "OUT OF STOCK" on the DJI Store right now.  

Forgot to mention it not assumed that the DJI Goggles 2 will not work with the older DJI FPV drone.
But it is stated that they will not work with the DJI FPV System.

DJI Goggles both version original FPV drone goggles and Version 2 can be changed into an alternate mode so they can connect to air Units. FPV air units. What they are saying is that it cannot change to air unit mode until a future Firmware Update.
2022-8-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I feel that I'm going to wait till they release a proper combo with the new goggles, the standard controller and a few extra batts... without the gimmick controller.
2022-8-25
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-25 08:29
I feel that I'm going to wait till they release a proper combo with the new goggles, the standard controller and a few extra batts... without the gimmick controller.

Or maybe just buying Googles V2 on a promo or used.. and plenty of remotes 2 used from the original DJI FPV drone. And then just the Avata drone.

On the other hand. This is cinewhoop, so there is little use of the manual mode. It's not a drone for doing tricks anyway.

And Goggles 2 seems like garbage.. DJI not even trying to add backwards compatibility, if there won't be a big outcry from the community for not working with the Air Units.   Selling two pairs of goggles again is just more profitable.
2022-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shame it doesn't come with a remote controller.  I'm definitely not a fan of the provided motion controller.  
2022-8-26
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

Originalas Posted at 8-25 06:59
Exactly, you pay extra for Fly more combo.. but you get extra batteries, charger and a carrying case.

With DJI Avata even the TOP tier combo does not include any of that now.. The combo got more expensive than the lasts years DJI FPV and it does not even include basics now...

The Fly More Combo includes a carrying case??

TCS
2022-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules