striperseeker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10827 ft
United States

I have a brand new Air 2s running Fly App on Note 9 (Android 10). The details:
Aircraft Firmware: 02.04.2190
RC Firmware: 04.12.0056
App Ver: 1.7.0

There is no longer any way to set the limits for the battery that tells the craft when to RTH.
Low limit until RTH
Low limit until forced landing
Low limit until battery depleted.

This shows up by pressing the 00:00 next to battery run time. They are all grey out.
The battery run time seems to work. I get  a green circle around a number (minutes I assume).
I have three different batteries and it's the same with all of them.

DJI wants me to send it in for work. It's be gone over 3 weeks. It's been like this since I bought it (about 30 day ago) so I can't return it.

Any one else have this issuse with the configurations options missing and the app not reporting it?

Thanks
Mark

2022-8-25
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
United States

anyone have this issue?
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. DJI Air 2s will calculate the battery level required for returning to the Home Point based on the flight altitude from the takeoff point and distance with the Home Point in real time, and give a warning when the aircraft reaches the critical point. The RTH battery level cannot currently be set manually. For the settings you mentioned, may we know do you have a video?
2022-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark, I'm not having any configuration issues.  Also, be advised that you can't manually set the RTH battery level in the DJI Fly App.  If you have a brand new Air 2S you probably need to contact DJI Support and have the drone sent in for diagnosis.  If it is a hardware issue should be covered under warranty.  
2022-8-26
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-25 19:50
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. DJI Air 2s will calculate the battery level required for returning to the Home Point based on the flight altitude from the takeoff point and distance with the Home Point in real time, and give a warning when the aircraft reaches the critical point. The RTH battery level cannot currently be set manually. For the settings you mentioned, may we know do you have a video?

What would you like a video of? I posted a picture showing NONE of the battery telemetry items are working. I understand the RTH time is based on distance, speed, and battery level and changes as you fly. But I remember being able to set the "Until Forced to Land" level as a percentage of battery life remaining. So for example, if I wanted to come home at 30% remaining charge, I could set that. Am I not correct?
2022-8-26
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-26 02:00
Mark, I'm not having any configuration issues.  Also, be advised that you can't manually set the RTH battery level in the DJI Fly App.  If you have a brand new Air 2S you probably need to contact DJI Support and have the drone sent in for diagnosis.  If it is a hardware issue should be covered under warranty.

Are you able to set your RTH or Force landing or depleted levels for the battery?  For example, if you wanted to keep your batteries at 30% and return home, you could set that?
2022-8-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

striperseeker Posted at 8-26 03:38
Are you able to set your RTH or Force landing or depleted levels for the battery?  For example, if you wanted to keep your batteries at 30% and return home, you could set that?

Not able to do any manual settings regarding battery level with RTH.  
2022-8-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

striperseeker Posted at 8-26 03:37
What would you like a video of? I posted a picture showing NONE of the battery telemetry items are working. I understand the RTH time is based on distance, speed, and battery level and changes as you fly. But I remember being able to set the "Until Forced to Land" level as a percentage of battery life remaining. So for example, if I wanted to come home at 30% remaining charge, I could set that. Am I not correct?

Thanks for your reply. The RTH battery level cannot currently be set manually.
2022-8-26
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-26 04:12
Not able to do any manual settings regarding battery level with RTH.

Do you find this a flaw? Weren't these level configurable in previous versions of the software? I thought they were and I thought there were several YT videos showing them. Maybe I'm just worried about nothing.  
2022-8-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

striperseeker Posted at 8-26 04:21
Do you find this a flaw? Weren't these level configurable in previous versions of the software? I thought they were and I thought there were several YT videos showing them. Maybe I'm just worried about nothing.

I don't think they were ever configurable.  It possibly could have been a setting that was available in the Go4 App that DJI didn't bring forward to the Fly App.
2022-8-26
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-26 04:20
Thanks for your reply. The RTH battery level cannot currently be set manually.

I know that, but shouldn't they be displaying while flying? Right now, they never change from 00'00"
even when flying.  Am I the only one with this issue?
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

striperseeker Posted at 8-29 05:00
I know that, but shouldn't they be displaying while flying? Right now, they never change from 00'00"
even when flying.  Am I the only one with this issue?

Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a picture or video to better understand your issue?
2022-9-1
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-1 05:42
Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a picture or video to better understand your issue?
You can see while in flight mode, the timers are still all zeros (00'00")
DJI_Air2S_Battery.jpg
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

striperseeker Posted at 9-2 05:52
You can see while in flight mode, the timers are still all zeros (00'00")
[view_image]

Thanks for your reply. This will be displayed after the aircraft takes off for a while.
2022-9-5
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-5 05:02
Thanks for your reply. This will be displayed after the aircraft takes off for a while.

The issue it does not update. The display stays 00'00" for the entire flight duration
2022-9-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

striperseeker Posted at 9-6 04:29
The issue it does not update. The display stays 00'00" for the entire flight duration

If it would be possible, may we have a video to have a look?  Also, may we know does this only occur on DJI Air2s or only on this phone? Have you tested it before?
2022-9-8
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-8 03:24
If it would be possible, may we have a video to have a look?  Also, may we know does this only occur on DJI Air2s or only on this phone? Have you tested it before?

what do you want a video of? I have not tried it on another phone as I don't have another $1000 phone.
2022-9-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

striperseeker Posted at 9-8 03:41
what do you want a video of? I have not tried it on another phone as I don't have another $1000 phone.

Would you please refresh the firmware and test it again outdoors?
2022-9-8
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-8 20:33
Would you please refresh the firmware and test it again outdoors?

I did all this. I spent over an hour with a tech, I refreshed firmware, changed batteries, reloaded app, and it's still not working. I don't want to send it in unless it is absolutely required as I'm sure it will take months to get it back and most likely will be lost. That is my experience with tech supports.
2022-9-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

striperseeker Posted at 9-9 03:41
I did all this. I spent over an hour with a tech, I refreshed firmware, changed batteries, reloaded app, and it's still not working. I don't want to send it in unless it is absolutely required as I'm sure it will take months to get it back and most likely will be lost. That is my experience with tech supports.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We can not determine your issue based on your description in this thread. We may need you to send in the drone so that we can truly help you. Apologize for your inconvenience. If you send it back, we will try to help you with the repair process.  
2022-9-15
Use props
nizami
New

Switzerland

Hello, Is the problem solved? I have the same problem too. During the flight yesterday, it suddenly became 00'00'' and now it does not change. What should be done. Ty
2023-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules