Gimble studder when using tilt wheel on RC
710 9 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eveezy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19170 ft
United States

I just noticed an issue when I tilt the camera using the RC wheel that the motion will stop for a second every second or so. I haven't noticed this before, but I was changing the speed settings to slow the movement down and testing things out and just noticed this. I can move the camera slowly or fast and it does the same behaviour. If I use the C1 button to toggle it all the way down / up it moves smooth. It seems to only happen when using the wheel to adjust the tilt. Am I doing something wrong?
2022-8-25
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

There may be a problem with the wheel itself. Have you tried using the slider on the screen to see if its the same?
2022-8-25
Use props
Eveezy
lvl.3
United States

I'll try that! Forgot that I could use the screen.
2022-8-25
Use props
Eveezy
lvl.3
United States

Beta5K Posted at 8-25 12:20
There may be a problem with the wheel itself. Have you tried using the slider on the screen to see if its the same?

So I tested using the touch screen and the wheel and it happens with both. It happens when tilting fast, slow whatever. For example when tilting while pushing the wheel at the highest speed it will studder at 15deg, 25deg, 45deg... etc.. its not exact I'm just giving an example. When tilting with a slow speed it would studder every 5 degrees of movement.

I also tested without my freewell DN filters just to make sure it wasn't caused by that.

It doesn't seem to happen at all other than using the tilt function, so its not really a major issue. The auto tilt for master shots etc.. work fine and smooth from what I can tell. Its only when manually tiliting the camera.
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Eveezy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate the gimbal of your DJI Mini 3 Pro and may we please know before having this issue, did your DJI Mini 3 Pro had a hard landing or a crash before? Thank you.
2022-8-25
Use props
Eveezy
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-25 19:53
Hello there Eveezy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate the gimbal of your DJI Mini 3 Pro and may we please know before having this issue, did your DJI Mini 3 Pro had a hard landing or a crash before? Thank you.

Hi Stephen, thanks for the tips. I have already calibrated it a couple times to see if it would fix and no hard landing or crashes. The gimbal moves smoothly except when manually controlled from the RC wheel and touchscreen.
2022-8-26
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Might be worth sending it in to DJI
2022-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Eveezy Posted at 8-26 04:55
Hi Stephen, thanks for the tips. I have already calibrated it a couple times to see if it would fix and no hard landing or crashes. The gimbal moves smoothly except when manually controlled from the RC wheel and touchscreen.

Hi there Eveezy. Thank you for the reply and for the given update. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-26
Use props
Eveezy
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 21:48
Hi there Eveezy. Thank you for the reply and for the given update. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

I can confirm that the gimble isn't actually doing this jitter anymore. I did a test flight and tested manual movements again and it seemed smooth. I will test again to make sure, but in my last flight all was back to normal.

On a side note... I now have a hard landing lol, after posting that I've never crashed I went to test the gibal again and well... I had a crash brining the drone back. Anyway I just wanted to update that this seemed to be a one time issue.

Thanks
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Eveezy Posted at 8-30 08:02
I can confirm that the gimble isn't actually doing this jitter anymore. I did a test flight and tested manual movements again and it seemed smooth. I will test again to make sure, but in my last flight all was back to normal.

On a side note... I now have a hard landing lol, after posting that I've never crashed I went to test the gibal again and well... I had a crash brining the drone back. Anyway I just wanted to update that this seemed to be a one time issue.

Hi there Eveezy. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules