8222 23 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RDPxvja3Zac3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164816 ft
United States

Hi!
I have a DJI Terra and it doesn't see any files in the folder from which I am trying to import the L1 data.
After selecting the folder, the app doesn't show any files being imported or even recognized.

I can clearly see the files in the Windows Explorer.

Any suggestions are appreciated
2022-8-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi, is RTK enabled ? if no add RINEX OBS file.
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_RDPxvja3Zac3
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 8-25 13:03
Hi, is RTK enabled ? if no add RINEX OBS file.

No sir, mission was flown without RTK. Can you share some details on adding RINEX OBS file: where to get it and where to add it?
2022-8-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_RDPxvja3Zac3 Posted at 8-26 09:04
No sir, mission was flown without RTK. Can you share some details on adding RINEX OBS file: where to get it and where to add it?

If the RTK correction is not active it is normal that Terra refuses to add the files because the .RTK is missing. You can replace it with a RINEX file (PPK) which must be in the form of an .OBS file. To do this, you need to find the closest possible base station to your survey. I don't have a specific website to give you. Do a google search, your State + PPK + RINEX. Another solution is to use the DJI DRTK-2
2022-8-28
Use props
djiuser_RDPxvja3Zac3
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 8-28 23:48
If the RTK correction is not active it is normal that Terra refuses to add the files because the .RTK is missing. You can replace it with a RINEX file (PPK) which must be in the form of an .OBS file. To do this, you need to find the closest possible base station to your survey. I don't have a specific website to give you. Do a google search, your State + PPK + RINEX. Another solution is to use the DJI DRTK-2

To be correct, there was no base station involved, however RTK was enabled and .RTK file is not missing.
Question: if .RTK is in place, what else might cause Terra to refuse working with the whole folder?
Other question: I have generated and downloaded RINEX files in 2.11 format. Any idea on how to convert this to .OBS?
2022-8-29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

If RTK correction is enabled but not connected to a base station, it is as if it is disabled.
For RINEX, in principle there must be a series of files provided by the RINEX provider. One of them must be an .o file. Replace the .o extension with .OBS and copy paste the file into the lidar mission folder. And finally you copy the name of the .RTK file of the lidar mission and you replace the name of the .OBS file to be identical.
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if your DJI Terra is updated to v3.3.0? When DJI Terra is updated to v3.3.0, please note to meet the requirements on the imported Zenmuse L1 data.
1. For example, the extension name cannot be changed, and no suffix is allowed, such as ~1 (Files with LDR and LDR~1 can be imported directly because the LDR data is divided into two parts. However, files with LDR~1 alone cannot be imported for reconstruction).
2. The file name must be the same.
3. The nine files must be complete. Nine files are also required for PPK. For the specific nine files, please refer to:
As shown below, data of various formats will be generated. These data cannot be displayed directly but must be imported into DJI Terra and then reconstructed into various point cloud format models.
CLC: Calibration of LiDAR and Camera files
CLI: LiDAR IMU calibration files
CMI: Camera IMU calibration files
LDR: LiDAR data
MNF: Camera data
RTK: Master antenna RTK data
RTL: RTK lever arm compensation data
RTS: Slave antenna RTK data
RTB: Base station RTCM data
IMU: Original IMU data
2022-8-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-30 05:03
Hi there, may I ask if your DJI Terra is updated to v3.3.0? When DJI Terra is updated to v3.3.0, please note to meet the requirements on the imported Zenmuse L1 data.
1. For example, the extension name cannot be changed, and no suffix is allowed, such as ~1 (Files with LDR and LDR~1 can be imported directly because the LDR data is divided into two parts. However, files with LDR~1 alone cannot be imported for reconstruction).
2. The file name must be the same.

Thank you for this useless answer. Maybe we misspoke, but if the DJI manuals were clearer, we might not be there. The problem here is to use the PPK. The chapter concerning the PPK can be found in Third party RTK solution page 11. There could be more explicit. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... V1.1%2020220704.pdf

So, not as our dear admin says, as mentioned on page 12, RENAME the file with the same name as the .RTK file, and change the exention to .OBS (if RINEX)
What is true in what the admin writes is that other files should not be touched. EXCEPT the .RTB !!!! it must be erased if it exists in the case where you want to use the PPK. It's written in the manual p12 and it works very well.
If this is not the case, make an agreement at DJI and develop the manuals by informing the users.

Dear administrator, we are not going to blame you, it is so rare that someone from DJI answers our questions in this forum, sincerely thank you even if you are a little off topic

2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_RDPxvja3Zac3
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 8-30 05:33
Thank you for this useless answer. Maybe we misspoke, but if the DJI manuals were clearer, we might not be there. The problem here is to use the PPK. The chapter concerning the PPK can be found in Third party RTK solution page 11. There could be more explicit. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... V1.1%2020220704.pdf

So, not as our dear admin says, as mentioned on page 12, RENAME the file with the same name as the .RTK file, and change the exention to .OBS (if RINEX)

Thank you, LV_Forestry, for the detailed explanation and overall attention. Adding an OBS file helped to make one more step in processing and actually import my data into Terra.

But next step brings next trouble. Now
DJIPicMapGen.exe cannot proceed because FastPM.dll was not found.

I tried reinstalling Terra. How can I fix this?
Thanks again
2022-9-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_RDPxvja3Zac3 Posted at 9-23 12:32
Thank you, LV_Forestry, for the detailed explanation and overall attention. Adding an OBS file helped to make one more step in processing and actually import my data into Terra.

But next step brings next trouble. Now [view_image]

I have no experience with windows 11. Have you tried in administrator mode or on windows 10? You can also check your antivirus and windows defender. It looks like something is preventing the DLL from running. I have never had this error.
2022-9-24
Use props
djiuser_0BDGEmW1R25n
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

hey guys i am procesisng a LIDAR scan in dji terra i did not use a RTK Base station but got the obs files from another surce the problem i am having is that when the program sarts procesing fwe minutes leter it says that ther is no orverlap between time period for colleting data frome base station and aircraft.
were do i get those files
2022-11-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Check if your OBS file is local time or UTC. Also have you remove, if it exist, the .RTB file ? Is you OBS file have exaclty the same name as your RTK file ?
2022-11-11
Use props
djiuser_0BDGEmW1R25n
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

how can i chek the time of mi obs file? and i do not see the RTB file i se the "RTS AND RTL" files
2022-11-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_0BDGEmW1R25n Posted at 11-13 13:51
how can i chek the time of mi obs file? and i do not see the RTB file i se the "RTS AND RTL" files

Just download your RINEX file by selecting the local time, then another RINEX file UTC (local time - 4h for Puerto Rico) Then see if one of them is working. If there is no RTB file it's fine, that's mean the RTK function is disabled, at least the drone is note paired with a base station.
There must be a .RTK file, the .OBS file must have the same name.Example :
lidarfileOBS.JPG
2022-11-13
Use props
djiuser_0BDGEmW1R25n
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

ok i will do that .. just one question the fligth was made on: ‎Sunday, ‎October ‎2, ‎2022, ‏‎2:39:12 PM the file that i just download the files in utc time and in -4 time zone and it keeps giving me the same error
2022-11-14
Use props
djiuser_0BDGEmW1R25n
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

and also put the same name as the rtk file
2022-11-14
Use props
djiuser_xILIpI7T76X9
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Can DJI L1 Lidar data  be processed in some other program other than DJI Terra?
I have used other lidar sensors and processed the data on PC Master & the file comes out as a "RESEPI" files so for that case I can only process data from the L1 IN DJI Terra
2023-1-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_xILIpI7T76X9 Posted at 1-3 11:17
Can DJI L1 Lidar data  be processed in some other program other than DJI Terra?
I have used other lidar sensors and processed the data on PC Master & the file comes out as a "RESEPI" files so for that case I can only process data from the L1 IN DJI Terra

You have no choice, you have to go through Terra to output a .LAS .PNTS .PLY .PCD .S3MB file, at your choice. Afterwards you can use the software of your choice for the post-processing. Terra is just an interface to get a RAW point cloud.
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_xILIpI7T76X9
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-3 11:23
You have no choice, you have to go through Terra to output a .LAS .PNTS .PLY .PCD .S3MB file, at your choice. Afterwards you can use the software of your choice for the post-processing. Terra is just an interface to get a RAW point cloud.

In other words, there  is no other program where I can process my L1 data or extract the relevant files for processing elsewhere expect for DJI Terra? correct me if i am wrong just whant to be creal of what i have to do next
2023-1-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_xILIpI7T76X9 Posted at 1-3 12:05
In other words, there  is no other program where I can process my L1 data or extract the relevant files for processing elsewhere expect for DJI Terra? correct me if i am wrong just whant to be creal of what i have to do next

Yes you have no choice, the first step after acquiring the data is to pass it into DJI TERRA.

The free version of DJI Terra does the job. After a point cloud needs to be exploited and those regardless of the manufacturer. Personally I use Agisoft Metashape and GlobalMapper. TerraSolid is also very good. It all depends on what you want to do.
2023-1-3
Use props
MURPHY.BRETT
New

United States

djiuser_RDPxvja3Zac3 Posted at 2022-9-23 12:32
Thank you, LV_Forestry, for the detailed explanation and overall attention. Adding an OBS file helped to make one more step in processing and actually import my data into Terra.

But next step brings next trouble. Now [view_image]

Hey djiuser_RDPxvja3Zac3,

Any chance you were able to resolve this issue?  I'm up against the same FastPM.dll issue and cant find a way around it.
2023-4-14
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

MURPHY.BRETT Posted at 4-14 09:31
Hey djiuser_RDPxvja3Zac3,

Any chance you were able to resolve this issue?  I'm up against the same FastPM.dll issue and cant find a way around it.

Have you tried with the new version, 3.6.8?  It fixes a DLL problem.  Unfortunately not the one you mention but it's worth a try.
2023-4-14
Use props
TheSamus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17367799 ft
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-14 10:10
Have you tried with the new version, 3.6.8?  It fixes a DLL problem.  Unfortunately not the one you mention but it's worth a try.

Hmm i was working fine on 3.6.0 but just updated to 3.6.8 and now i get the FastPM error.
2023-5-24
Use props
djiuser_g5FBnZJQ6SUT
New

Kenya

Great discussion here

Is it possible to process the L1 data without the RTS file?
2023-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules