First Test Flight
907 11 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Art3mis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68543 ft
Canada

I've been holding off trying to take my first as I had a battery issue with my brand new drone.  But that has been dealt with and now I can fly...hopefully.

So I live in an authorization zone(THE BLUE) in toronto, nonetheless I got my drone out for a quick test flight to scratch that initial itch. The goal of my flight was to ensure the drone functions properly, which it did and I am very pleased.

I am glad I chose this drone to start with and am happy with the overall quality so far.

Anyways I understand the drone I fly is sub 250g and that there are licenses required to fly in a certain place or with a heavier drone. I've done my research and yes I'm aware of the basic and advanced licences which I will probably be studying for in the near future.(topic for another thread)

Again I am very pleased with this drone and want to take this hobby as far I can within my limits($$$).

For now

Fly Safe and Enjoy

2022-8-25
Use props
Shorse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162238 ft
United States

Good to hear you like the drone but NEVER touch the transmission because right now there is a bug that will kill connection with the drone and it will never reconnect if you change the transmission channel. Keep it on auto at all times and you should be good. This is a very widespread issue and I hope it gets fixed soon. Happy flying!
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Art3mis. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already now achieved your first flight with your DJI Mini SE. If you want to unlock your location and fly in a restricted area, you may coordinate it with our team by contacting them directly at flysafe@dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and happy flying!
2022-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go ahead - fly and rnjoy
2022-8-25
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49734 ft
United States

Hi and welcome. I am sure that you will be happy with the SE. I am new to drones and SE is also my first drone. It is so intuitive and capable that you will be delighted. If you fly indoors (rainy weather etc...) always fly in C mode.
Take good care of your batteries and you should be happy for a while. Did you buy a refreshment 2 years plan for the drone? If you still can do it, it is worth every penny.
And watch a few youtube videos about the DJI App it is key to security and happy flying, not to mention the camera settings.

@Shorse- as for your text : "Good to hear you like the drone but NEVER touch the transmission because right now there is a bug that will kill connection with the drone and it will never reconnect if you change the transmission channel. Keep it on auto at all times and you should be good. This is a very widespread issue and I hope it gets fixed soon." I got shivers reading this I almost manually changed the channel yesterday and changed my mind to do it later-thanks for the info !!!
2022-8-26
Use props
Art3mis
lvl.1
Canada

Shorse Posted at 8-25 15:05
Good to hear you like the drone but NEVER touch the transmission because right now there is a bug that will kill connection with the drone and it will never reconnect if you change the transmission channel. Keep it on auto at all times and you should be good. This is a very widespread issue and I hope it gets fixed soon. Happy flying!

Awesome thanks, I'll make sure not to do that, and check for updates on that.
2022-8-29
Use props
Art3mis
lvl.1
Canada

Sanyin Posted at 8-26 04:26
Hi and welcome. I am sure that you will be happy with the SE. I am new to drones and SE is also my first drone. It is so intuitive and capable that you will be delighted. If you fly indoors (rainy weather etc...) always fly in C mode.
Take good care of your batteries and you should be happy for a while. Did you buy a refreshment 2 years plan for the drone? If you still can do it, it is worth every penny.
And watch a few youtube videos about the DJI App it is key to security and happy flying, not to mention the camera settings.

Thanks!! For what the drone is, I am super happy. I've yet to fly it indoors and I will be sure to keep it in that mode. I also did buy the 2 year plan just because things can go wrong and as I am a n00bie to drone flying I'm sure I will fat finger the controls at some point but hopefully not. I've been watching lots of videos on all sorts of things concerning the drone and flying. I'll definitely be upgrading once I'm more experienced and have obtained my license.
2022-8-29
Use props
Art3mis
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-25 19:09
Hi there, Art3mis. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already now achieved your first flight with your DJI Mini SE. If you want to unlock your location and fly in a restricted area, you may coordinate it with our team by contacting them directly at . Thank you for your valued support and happy flying!

Thanks Paladin

I've unlocked my zone and don't need to unlock a restricted zone currently. hehe I'm not that close to the airport and with my current experience level and licensing I am not able to, but maybe you never know.
2022-8-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I live in an authorization zone as well, little sign is okay, but sometimes I have to poke in many spots to hit that check mark, ENJOY.
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Art3mis Posted at 8-29 15:34
Thanks Paladin

I've unlocked my zone and don't need to unlock a restricted zone currently. hehe I'm not that close to the airport and with my current experience level and licensing I am not able to, but maybe you never know.

You are always welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day  ahead!
2022-9-1
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49734 ft
Sweden

Hey Art3mis-Greetings.

How is it going with your new toy.

It has been some time since you bought it,

I am still super happy with mine, some seriously good photographs in manual camera mode.

Have you learned the basics yet?

Cheers&fly well
2022-9-14
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:59
Use props
Advanced