3240 25 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was thinking of getting one of these to get into FPV but I think with all the combos and accessories I would need it works out way too expensive. I think it would end up around the £1,600 + mark once you had all you need and that is way too much for me.

Also the lack of wifi transfer of video etc makes it not interesting to me

I will pass on this one
2022-8-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I feel the same way.   
2022-8-25
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

With such a huge price point, I think there are cheaper FVP options available, and especially with less weight.
2022-8-26
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Yep, overpriced and bundles make no sense at all (no bag, no extra bats, no standard controller). Also there's no stock of solo drone or standard controllers, so if you buy the Avata you won't be able to purchase a new controller, you'll have to rely on second hand ones.

Appart from that, you must buy a controller for the Avata, wich costs 149€ and it's out of stock, so this renders DJI Avata completelly useless for anyone expecting to fly professionally/hardcore.

DJI FPV combo ---> 999€ vs Avata combo ---> 1149€ and leave it on the shelf till you can find controller stock and spend 149€ more for a total of 1298€

If you want the new goggles and a controller (wait for availability of stock) ----> 1429€ + 149€ = 1578€

If you want two extra batts add 249€ to it.

So in the end the Avata + controller + new goggles + 2 extra batts = 1429€ + 149€ + 249€ = 1827€ plus a 60W charger and a bag, because none of them comes with the combo.
2022-8-26
Use props
LeOnBR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19970 ft
Brazil

I agree with everything that has been said.

It shouldn't be more expensive than the first Dji Fpv and still come without control (no one will use only motion control)

This drone had everything to be DJi's biggest success, but greed I believe can put everything down the drain.

2022-8-26
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

new toy tax
also bundles are made to get rid of stock of old motion controlers and older goggles v2
almost "apple" level of milking customers
2022-8-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

funny because there were plenty of standard controllers laying around last week.  they were easily had for US$99 but now i see them out of stock or double in price.

honestly, i suggest you get the original dji fpv.  it's quite capable, it's inexpensive, and it's available.  i went into this know it would take a year to learn and so i bought in may 2022 which means i'm not ready for avata until early 2023....perhaps things will change by then.

2022-8-26
Use props
JasyBabyYa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264813 ft
United Kingdom

Its expensive for the simple fact there is no competition and to be fair its an awesome drone for anyone looking to get in to FPV Market  and also to be fair you could easily make the money back from this Drone with promotional video ect.   

2022-8-26
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-26 02:23
With such a huge price point, I think there are cheaper FVP options available, and especially with less weight.

This one considering the price point is doomed to fail
2022-8-27
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

"Too expensive" is, of course, a value judgement.

At $1388 USD, the price did take my breathe away. I'm no rich kid, and for me that's a serious chunk of change. Still, after watching a few vids and reading the specs, I think it's worth it. I just got a new job that starts a week from Tuesday, and the plan is to get it with my first paycheck. If, in fact, I can hold out that long!

This little bird just has way too many cool things about it to pass up. I already have a DJI FPV, named Beast, and soon he will have a baby sister FPV with the Avata.

Way to go, DJI!

:-)
:-)
2022-8-28
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-26 02:23

Yes, there are many other options for experienced FPV pilots, but nothing compared with Avata for beginners.
You can't find stabilized hovering/flying, GPS, RTH etc in most other FPV drones.   And you have to spend hours learning to fly in Acro mode.
2022-8-29
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

nosnoop Posted at 8-29 00:11
Yes, there are many other options for experienced FPV pilots, but nothing compared with Avata for beginners.
You can't find stabilized hovering/flying, GPS, RTH etc in most other FPV drones.   And you have to spend hours learning to fly in Acro mode.

Good point, but we shouldn't forget, that the Avata is around 50% more expensive as the DJI FPV.

Conclusion: The Avata is nevertheless overpriced.
2022-8-29
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Canada

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-29 02:05
Good point, but we shouldn't forget, that the Avata is around 50% more expensive as the DJI FPV.

Conclusion: The Avata is nevertheless overpriced.

50%?   Which price are you comparing?
In US, the Avata drone only price (when it is available) is about $100 cheap than FPV.
And the Avata + old Goggle combo is cheaper than the original price for FPV combo, which has since reduced in price.   Now it is about $170 more, but no where near 50%.
2022-8-29
Use props
Aerorealms
lvl.2
Spain

Super ultra expensive....a combo  + controller + 2 more batteries its about 1850€, and that's without charger and a  carrying bag OMG! you are on the 2K € range with charger and bag. YES, expensive as hell for a toy.
2022-8-29
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

nosnoop Posted at 8-29 00:11

Downward sensors, sonar, GPS... you can put all that on any DIY FPV, even use a DJI digital transmitter. Also, all FPVs have different flight modes, just like the Avata, not only acro. Avata is a prebuild, closed case cinewoop where everything is ready to fly but where you can't customize nothing and spares will be expensive.

DIY FPV is PC gaming and DJI FPV is console gaming basically. Avata is a nice drone to get into the FPV as consoles are a good product to get into gaming, but on the long run you'll end up with a custom PC and some custom FPVs.

To know if the Avata is overrpriced or not, you don't have to compare it to external products, you have to compare it to other DJI drones and is in fact, more expensive than the 999€ DJI FPV combo on Amazon.

It's like the Mavic 3 is at around 1800€ in Amazon and the Mini 3 would have cost 1950€ at launch without a controller; it's nonsense.
2022-8-29
Use props
kikivoinea
lvl.2
Romania

Can you name only one Digital FPV alternative?

Because only , for example , a FatShark Digital FPV googles are around 7-800bucks...

Not to mention , that there are NO real RTH good FPV drones ( for a learner like me , a good RTH is a must )
2022-8-29
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Canada

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-29 03:41
Downward sensors, sonar, GPS... you can put all that on any DIY FPV, even use a DJI digital transmitter. Also, all FPVs have different flight modes, just like the Avata, not only acro. Avata is a prebuild, closed case cinewoop where everything is ready to fly but where you can't customize nothing and spares will be expensive.

DIY FPV is PC gaming and DJI FPV is console gaming basically. Avata is a nice drone to get into the FPV as consoles are a good product to get into gaming, but on the long run you'll end up with a custom PC and some custom FPVs.

But how much did the FPV combo cost at launch?
It was more expensive than Avata combo.
The current price reduction reflects the expected drop in demand and sales for the original FPV and the old Goggles.
For the drone alone pricing, Avata is still cheaper.
2022-8-29
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

nosnoop Posted at 8-29 02:29
50%?   Which price are you comparing?
In US, the Avata drone only price (when it is available) is about $100 cheap than FPV.
And the Avata + old Goggle combo is cheaper than the original price for FPV combo, which has since reduced in price.   Now it is about $170 more, but no where near 50%.

The DJI FPV basic set with Goggles and Controller costs 969€ in Germany and the Avata over 1400€, if you want the new Goggles and you have to add a controller for another 150€ ... and still only have one battery and no bag. Ok, you will need to add accessories to the old FPV model too, but as others have stated too ... the Avata is much more expensive as the old FPV.

Long story short ... the Avata is too expensive for most potential buyers, especially FPV newcomers. And FVP drones are not a mass market product like the Mini3 ;-)

2022-8-29
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a new FPV which is opened but never flown! All the extras as well...  I need to fly this one first before getting a new one..    Was thinking of selling but now thinking got most of the kit maybe worth getting the unit only.. Will see..
2022-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I feel the same, also because of the strict regulations here in NL.
2022-8-31
Use props
fansb6da09b4
lvl.2

United States

Whoever pays over 600$ for this piece of ... needs to get heard examined. Shame on you dji. Going to Autel from here. Ps your customer service sucks dick
2023-2-3
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I paid 900 euro for my Avata + Goggles V2. This is not expensive.
Thinking Avata costs 579 euro (stand alone) while my Nazgul V2 costs 899 euro, I cannot say the Avata is expensive.
A Gepr Cinebot30 with O3, costs more than Avata (529 dollars + taxes + DUTY)! Definitely more.
Of course, if this is your first FPV, you have to consider the costs of goggles and remote controller. But you could use them with many other FPV drones.
2023-2-3
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 2-3 06:38
I paid 900 euro for my Avata + Goggles V2. This is not expensive.
Thinking Avata costs 579 euro (stand alone) while my Nazgul V2 costs 899 euro, I cannot say the Avata is expensive.
A Gepr Cinebot30 with O3, costs more than Avata (529 dollars + taxes + DUTY)! Definitely more.

I got a GEPRC Cinebot30 O3, after paying $600 waited 4 weeks till they finally shipped last Nov 2022, I still have not being able to get the drone in the air. Stay away from it!!!  they are using analog old frames and just screwing the DJI O3 in it, my Cinebot30 O3 come build in certain way that I was not able to access the SD card slot, not able to access the USB port...AND THE BIND BUTTON !!! you need to take it apart! they never tested it, I was never able to get the controller to work. The CLI on Betaflight is all wrong. Their technical support  just play dumb with pre made replies that have nothing to do with the problem, waited 5 days to someone reply and was no help, I opened a PayPal case and they just said...send it back, on my dime ($55) and who know what will happen after. It still in the shelf waiting one day for me to completely disassemble it and re-assemble and reprogram. The only ones bragging about are the ones getting the Cinebot's for free (plus money) to do reviews on YouTube.

I have a Rocket Lite from GEPRC (3 years old) that flies OK...my guess this company went down hill because the good tech got Covid so who knows who is working there, from what I got seems like was the genitor that assembled the drone.

If you know what you are doing, build one yourself, my case...I don't have the time for it, reason why I rather get it  RTF.  Years ago I built  a bunch of drones, started with the old DJI NAZA system, this is not new for me, but no time now. If you want to fly with the least amount of troubles and a good customer service, DJI has no competition, period!
2023-2-3
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

HDPS Posted at 2-3 20:37
I got a GEPRC Cinebot30 O3, after paying $600 waited 4 weeks till they finally shipped last Nov 2022, I still have not being able to get the drone in the air. Stay away from it!!!  they are using analog old frames and just screwing the DJI O3 in it, my Cinebot30 O3 come build in certain way that I was not able to access the SD card slot, not able to access the USB port...AND THE BIND BUTTON !!! you need to take it apart! they never tested it, I was never able to get the controller to work. The CLI on Betaflight is all wrong. Their technical support  just play dumb with pre made replies that have nothing to do with the problem, waited 5 days to someone reply and was no help, I opened a PayPal case and they just said...send it back, on my dime ($55) and who know what will happen after. It still in the shelf waiting one day for me to completely disassemble it and re-assemble and reprogram. The only ones bragging about are the ones getting the Cinebot's for free (plus money) to do reviews on YouTube.

I have a Rocket Lite from GEPRC (3 years old) that flies OK...my guess this company went down hill because the good tech got Covid so who knows who is working there, from what I got seems like was the genitor that assembled the drone.

Thanks for the support advice from Cinebot30 and Gepr.
No no, I don't want to buy the Gepr Cinebot30.
Now I'm building a 2" with the Cineon z20 frame.
I already have the Avata in the 3" range but want something smaller to play in the park.
By building it myself, I will save a thousand euros.

2023-2-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

I am noticing all people coming from Mavic drones, looking for Mavic prices (forgetting that there is the cost of the extra goggles) and Mavic features which are not needed in the FPV world.
2023-2-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 2-4 23:49
I am noticing all people coming from Mavic drones, looking for Mavic prices (forgetting that there is the cost of the extra goggles) and Mavic features which are not needed in the FPV world.

But you must agree that it's nice to have the best of both worlds when it comes to GPS stabilization. I do realize that it's not for everyone, but very convenient at times.
2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules