15779 45 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I installed it on my Samsung S20 yesterday...
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there frankymusik. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. The DJI Virtual Flight ( DJI Avata ) Android Version 1.4.0 requires Android 9.0 or above. In addition the DJI Virtual Flight ( DJI Avata ) is DJI's first FPV flight simulator that provides an immersive flight experience wherever you go. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_lw4Qwn6sXEWg
lvl.1

Germany

Unfortunately the app hangs on my galaxy s22 ultra as soon as I allow the app to access my Google v2.  If I then start the app again with the goohles connected, it crashes again without warning.  It is also strange that when I connect the cable according to the instructions (USB a to USB c adapter to the phone) no glasses are recognized.  The other way round (adapter to glasses), the glasses are recognized until they crash.
2022-8-27
Use props
djiuser_imLrDcpAHro2
lvl.1

Austria

djiuser_lw4Qwn6sXEWg Posted at 8-27 02:16
Unfortunately the app hangs on my galaxy s22 ultra as soon as I allow the app to access my Google v2.  If I then start the app again with the goohles connected, it crashes again without warning.  It is also strange that when I connect the cable according to the instructions (USB a to USB c adapter to the phone) no glasses are recognized.  The other way round (adapter to glasses), the glasses are recognized until they crash.

I also have the 22 ultra and the same thing, goggles connected and the app crashes
2022-8-28
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

Really?? That's awesome, I also have and S20. I learned to fly the DJI FPV in manual without it, but I prefer to have it. Can I download that and run it now, even though I don't have my Avata yet? Cool!
2022-8-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Chaosrider Posted at 8-28 15:19
Really?? That's awesome, I also have and S20. I learned to fly the DJI FPV in manual without it, but I prefer to have it. Can I download that and run it now, even though I don't have my Avata yet? Cool!

Currently the Virtual Flight App (1.4.0, approx. 1.6 GB) can only be used with the "old" FPV Goggles V2...!

If you have started the app (connected to the FPV Goggles V2 and a controller) you can still choose whether the Avata or the "old" DJI FPV should be flown as the simulation model...

Have fun. It works!
2022-8-28
Use props
djiuser_lw4Qwn6sXEWg
lvl.1

Germany

frankymusik Posted at 8-28 23:47
Currently the Virtual Flight App (1.4.0, approx. 1.6 GB) can only be used with the "old" FPV Goggles V2...!

If you have started the app (connected to the FPV Goggles V2 and a controller) you can still choose whether the Avata or the "old" DJI FPV should be flown as the simulation model...

Have the "old" Googles V2 and a DJI FPV but my app crashes. :-(
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_imLrDcpAHro2
lvl.1

Austria

my app also crashes with the old Goggles V2 (S22 Ultra)
2022-8-29
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Currently the Virtual Flight App (1.4.0, approx. 1.6 GB) can only be used with the "old" FPV Goggles V2...!

This sounds perfect. I have the V2 goggles, so that's no problem.

Where can I download this app?

My intent will be to push the sim way beyond Warp 9, and get closer to stuff, and bang into stuff, that I'd never consider doing with a live drone.

I learned to fly my DJI FPV in Manual mode without any sim time, since it wasn't available for Android, and that worked out fine. Still, I would have preferred to have it first. But know, I'll be able to use it to increase my skills more rapidly, with zero crash risk.

Very cool!

Thx!

TCS
2022-8-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_lw4Qwn6sXEWg Posted at 8-29 01:09
Have the "old" Googles V2 and a DJI FPV but my app crashes. :-(

Have you supplied your FPV Goggles V2 with the current FW?
I did this...
I also gave the motion controller and the FPV controller the current FW...
The FPV drone still has the FW .0020 (not the .0015, which seems like a kind of "downgrade").
I had also uninstalled the Virtual Flight app from the S20 and reinstalled it cleanly...
When connecting the S20 (to the FPV Goggles 2), make sure that the DJI Fly app is not started (accidentally)...
2022-8-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Chaosrider Posted at 8-29 05:13
This sounds perfect. I have the V2 goggles, so that's no problem.

Where can I download this app?

DJI.com
   -->
      Avata
          -->
               Downloads
                   -->
                       DJI Virtual Flight (DJI Avata)

It's best to "go" there with your smartphone and start the download directly...
Takes quite a long time, because about 1.6 GB...!

Then select "Install" and after that it should be available on your smartphone...
2022-8-29
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

frankymusik Posted at 8-29 05:21
DJI.com
   -->
      Avata

:-)

I'll try to get this done by the end of the day.

That *IS* a big file, but my phone has 128 GB, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thx!!

TCS
2022-8-29
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

does not work with my S22 Ultra. When connecting the goggles the app crashes. Piece of crap
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_imLrDcpAHro2
lvl.1

Austria

the app crashes, when i connect the goggles (V2 old) without any failure notice
2022-8-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_imLrDcpAHro2 Posted at 8-29 06:40
the app crashes, when i connect the goggles (V2 old) without any failure notice

Again:

I did this...
I also gave the motion controller and the FPV controller the current FW...
The FPV drone still has the FW .0020 (not the .0015, which seems like a kind of "downgrade").
I had also uninstalled the Virtual Flight app from the S20 and reinstalled it cleanly...
When connecting the S20 (to the FPV Goggles 2), make sure that the DJI Fly app is not started (accidentally)...
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_imLrDcpAHro2
lvl.1

Austria

my goggles have the current FW, i  will restart my phone,  we will see, if ist works
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_lw4Qwn6sXEWg
lvl.1

Germany

My Googles and my Controller also have the newest Firmware. Googles are at v01.03.0000. But it still doesn't work.
The DJI fly app is not installed (do not need it for the FPV Drone).
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_imLrDcpAHro2
lvl.1

Austria

I restarted my phone and still the same, when connecting the goggles the app crashes. Maybe the members of dji can reproduce the failure and make an update for the app.
2022-8-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_imLrDcpAHro2 Posted at 8-29 11:46
I restarted my phone and still the same, when connecting the goggles the app crashes. Maybe the members of dji can reproduce the failure and make an update for the app.

... for iOS there is an update (1.4.1) today...
2022-8-29
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Pajomota Posted at 8-29 06:33
does not work with my S22 Ultra. When connecting the goggles the app crashes. Piece of crap

It didn't work for me either. Samsung Galaxy S20 Note.

I described the failure mode in some detail in my thread "Flight sim for Android eats DJI Fly".

DJI jumped right on the problem, so hopefully there will be more information soon.

This is disconcerting. I'm going to put off buying my new Avata for at least a bit. Which, from a financial responsibility perspective, I should do anyhow...

(sigh)

Thx,

TCS
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_9JJysZiq1NAx
New

United States

I don't understand the statement that the Virtual Flight App can only be used with the FPV Goggles V2.
About 14 Questions down on DJI's "Support for DJI Avata" DJI asks itself, then answers, the following question:

Q: "Can DJI Goggles 2 be connected to a simulator?"
A: "Yes, DJI Goggles 2 can be connected to the DJI Virtual Flight App."

I have now downloaded the app for Android and I don't see the DJI Goggles 2 as an option.  This concerns me because I just purchased the Avata on Amazon as a gift for someone who has never flown a drone and refuses to even try until becoming familiar with a simulator.  I promsised the recipient that they would have the ability to learn with the Flight Simulator prior to flight and this statement by DJI in its FAQ regarding the Aviata was a key factor in my purchase of the drone and the option for the newer, more expensive, Goggles 2.

EDIT:
Additionally, some posts here say the Virtual Flight App DOES work with Goggles 2.  In addition many reviews on sites such as DroneDJ say the Goggles 2 is purported to work with Virtual Flight App.  So I am very confused, or perhaps others are by the strange designation Goggles 2 vs. Goggles V2 for two different products.  Goggles V3 might have been a better name.

2nd EDIT:
After a bit of research in different thereads it looks like what is happening here is that Virutal Flight App did not work with Goggles 2 until just a couple of days ago when they went from Version 1.4.0 on the IOS version of the app to 1.4.1, hence all of the questions here.  At roughly the same time, in the last few days, DJI released an Android version of the Virtual Flight App, which apparenly people have been anticipating for over a year.  But the Android version is still at 1.4.0 which does not support Goggles 2.  So I wonder whether by the time my Avata is supposed to arrive within a week they will move the new Android version from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 like the IOS version.  That would be nice.  But it looks like DJI is slow to act when it comes to promised software releases from what little I've managed to gather from reading these threads.  I remain hopeful but not holding my breath.  

2022-9-1
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Unfortunately the app hangs on my galaxy s22 ultra as soon as I allow the app to access my Google v2.  If I then start the app again with the goohles connected, it crashes again without warning.  It is also strange that when I connect the cable according to the instructions (USB a to USB c adapter to the phone) no glasses are recognized.  The other way round (adapter to glasses), the glasses are recognized until they crash.

I'm trying to diagnose my own sim app failure. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "USB a to USB c adapter to the phone".

The goggles have a USB-C port. My phone, Samsung Galaxy S20 Note, has a USB-C port.  I have a USB-C to USB-C cable, which I use to make the connection.

What would an adapter be used for, how would that connection even look?

Thx,

TCS
2022-9-1
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

frankymusik Posted at 8-29 06:42
Again:

When I first went down this twisted path, a number of FW update options were presented. I did all of them...I think. The process was sort of spotty and non-linear, but after a couple of starts, it seemed to be done. At least, I've gotten no more FW update suggestions.

When I connect the phone to the goggles, DJI Fly auto-starts, with no affirmative action at all on my part. It looked weird and didn't seem right, but it does it repeatedly. The last couple of times that I've tried to get this to work, the goggles asked me to verify that the props were correctly attached. I'm pretty sure that the aircraft is powered off, what with there being no battery in it and all...

I describe my most recent failed attempt in the thread: Flight Sim for Android Eats DJI Fly. Which it most certainly did. DJI Fly has been uninstalled...sort of...and re-installed. I describe that in the above mentioned thread as well.

But I think there may be something diagnostically useful here...why does DJI Fly auto-launch as soon as I connect the phone. It's not from any action I took...fat-fingering the keys, for example...and it happens every time now.

Is there some way to stop DJI Fly from doing that? An answer for that may be hard to devise, without knowing what's causing it in the first place...

Thanks for any insight that you can provide,

TCS
2022-9-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Chaosrider Posted at 9-1 11:22
When I first went down this twisted path, a number of FW update options were presented. I did all of them...I think. The process was sort of spotty and non-linear, but after a couple of starts, it seemed to be done. At least, I've gotten no more FW update suggestions.

When I connect the phone to the goggles, DJI Fly auto-starts, with no affirmative action at all on my part. It looked weird and didn't seem right, but it does it repeatedly. The last couple of times that I've tried to get this to work, the goggles asked me to verify that the props were correctly attached. I'm pretty sure that the aircraft is powered off, what with there being no battery in it and all...

I had a few similar problems, first...

I also have (for the DJI FPV) B3yond on my smartphone (Samsung S20)...

So that this could be "fixed" again, I first uninstalled DJI Fly, DJI Virtual Flight and B3yond.
Then I freshly installed DJI Fly and started it as a test.
Then the DJI Virtual Flight App...

When I now connect the Goggles to the smartphone, I make sure that the first message "Always start DJI Fly when connecting to the Goggles?" (... or something like that) select the "Only this time" button...
If you don't do that and select "Always" instead, then the mess is inevitable...
2022-9-2
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49734 ft
United States

Unfortunately, the app hangs on my galaxy s22 ultra as soon as I allow the app to access my Google v2.  If I then start the app again with the goohles connected, it crashes again without warning.  It is also strange that when I connect the cable according to the instructions (USB a to USB c adapter to the phone) no glasses are recognized.  The other way round (adapter to glasses), the glasses are recognized until they crash.
View full quote
I also have the 22 ultra and the same thing, goggles connected and the app crashes

Have you enabled the "debugging" option for developers in the settings? This is true for my S8+ and did not want to work before enabling this  "debugging" function -it is for developers. I do not know if it is the case with S20 and S22

good luck

S
2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_lw4Qwn6sXEWg
lvl.1

Germany

When i start the Virtual Flight App, there ist no settings option.
Screenshot_20220905-112003_DJI Virtual Flight.jpg
2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_lw4Qwn6sXEWg
lvl.1

Germany

I have testet the USB Debug Mode from Android but it doesn't work. The App crashes. Also a USB-C to USB-C cable doesn't help.
2022-9-5
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-2 04:35
I had a few similar problems, first...

I also have (for the DJI FPV) B3yond on my smartphone (Samsung S20)...

Interesting.

What is B3yond, and what does it do?

I have pretty serious resistance to adding mutant 3rd party SW to tightly integrated systems, because of my extensive professional experience upgrading and integrating SW systems. Big ones.

I got a message from DJI Support yesterday saying that the Virtual Flight App is not compatible with Android.

Since I already know how to fly my DJI FPV safely in Manual mode, I'm just going to wait for DJI to do it...and let them deal with the integration headaches and regression testing issues...rather than installing any mutant 3rd party SW on my phone.

Good info though, thx!

:-)

TCS
2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_lw4Qwn6sXEWg
lvl.1

Germany

Chaosrider Posted at 9-5 11:11
Interesting.

What is B3yond, and what does it do?

If virtual flight is not compatible with Android, why DJI has a download link for an android APK at the Avata download page
2022-9-5
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_lw4Qwn6sXEWg Posted at 9-5 23:43
If virtual flight is not compatible with Android, why DJI has a download link for an android APK at the Avata download page

Screw up of some kind. I just got a message from DJI Support on the issue yesterday:

"I totally understand your confusion. I think that is because DJI Flight Simulator and DJI Virtual Flight are 2 different software. Please refer to the below information:

https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/simulator

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight

Please read the information, hope it can solve your confusion. If you still have questions, feel free to let us know. We are more than happy to assist you. Have a nice day!"

The tech pointed me to a Windows PC version as an alternative, and I can load it up and run it fine, but the sign in box an all the text is so microscopic, that the display is unusable. I've got a follow-up question with DJI Support now about how to fix that.

But they were pretty unambiguous that there's no flight sim product that's compatible with Android. Even though it seems to me that they pretty clearly said/suggested that their was.

False dawn, I guess...

TCS
2022-9-8
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

It works for me on my android.
However the fps is really bad with full HD options, I played 5 mn but this simulator is really bad so I uninstalled it.
I also needed to reinstall dji fly after, seems to have conflict with both applications...

2022-9-8
Use props
UAVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Works fine on my OPPO X3 Pro happy days
2022-9-8
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_imLrDcpAHro2 Posted at 8-28 04:13

Good to know, I also have a S22 Ultra....will not even bother to install
2022-9-8
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-25 23:30
Hello there frankymusik. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. The DJI Virtual Flight ( DJI Avata ) Android Version 1.4.0 requires Android 9.0 or above. In addition the DJI Virtual Flight ( DJI Avata ) is DJI's first FPV flight simulator that provides an immersive flight experience wherever you go. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads

It doesn't work, and DJI Support told me that explicitly a couple of days ago.  There is no operational flight simulation application from DJI that works on Android devices.

Hopefully it will be debugged eventually, but as of a few days ago, it wasn't.

TCS
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_xkN0LGS625hc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6824 ft

United Kingdom

Unfortunately the app hangs on my galaxy s22 ultra as soon as I allow the app to access my Google v2.  If I then start the app again with the goohles connected, it crashes again without warning.  It is also strange that when I connect the cable according to the instructions (USB a to USB c adapter to the phone) no glasses are recognized.  The other way round (adapter to glasses), the glasses are recognized until they crash.

Did this get sorted out? I have a S20 ultra and I'm waiting on my DJI fpv to be delivered
2022-9-12
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

has anyone tried the desktop version for PC windows 10 ? (available on the dji avata download page at bottom)

2022-9-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Dakilla Posted at 9-18 21:32
has anyone tried the desktop version for PC windows 10 ? (available on the dji avata download page at bottom)

... I've read that some people use it successfully, e.g. with a laptop...
2022-9-18
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Dakilla Posted at 9-18 21:32
has anyone tried the desktop version for PC windows 10 ? (available on the dji avata download page at bottom)

Yes, I did. It seemed to download and open OK on the PC (Windows 10), but the text in the dialog boxes was too microscopic for the app to be useful.

"Test too small" is something that I've noticed with DJI a few times before.

I hope this version, or the Android version, gets fixed.

TCS
2022-9-19
Use props
Bob Draijer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915279 ft
Netherlands

Does not work with Avata or......
The app starts up, can not select goggles 2 it tries to connect but thats it.....
FIXED IT   It works now awsome!!!
2022-9-20
Use props
djiuser_kaoF63UTL50v
New
Flight distance : 206020 ft

United Kingdom

Hast android been removed now because it won't let me download it
2022-10-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced