Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI virtual flight sim
1605 15 2022-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anyone got the new goggles to connect to the app?

I have the brand new goggles 2 - and I can see the feed on my phone when connected but when I open the DJI virtual flight app - it just says 'connecting' and i'm not sure if it's not ready for the new goggles. The Avata is in the app in the latest update but perhaps not the goggles?

2022-8-26
Use props
mike3deep
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4655722 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah same here, all updated and it's stuck connecting.  Came here looking for a solution.  
2022-8-26
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mike3deep Posted at 8-26 09:26
Yeah same here, all updated and it's stuck connecting.  Came here looking for a solution.

Connecting...
2022-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Satureyes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads

2022-8-26
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I installed the app on my S22 and it works till goggles V2 are connected - then app crashes
2022-8-26
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 8-26 21:32
I installed the app on my S22 and it works till goggles V2 are connected - then app crashes

... did you update FW of Goggles V2 (... via DJI Assitant...)...?
2022-8-26
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

frankymusik Posted at 8-26 22:45
... did you update FW of Goggles V2 (... via DJI Assitant...)...?

Nope I even did not chose Avata but DJI FPV
2022-8-26
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 19:19
Hello there Satureyes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads

Hi.
I have the Avata pro view combo.
iPhone 12 Pro

When in normal use and connected to the goggles 2,  I can see the goggles  display on my phone screen.

I have restarted my phone , open virtual flight , click to ‘motion controller and goggles’  it then tells me to connect my phone etc. but then just says ‘connecting’ and does not connect.

It’s the same for many people. The app does not work with goggles 2. Only V2
2022-8-26
Use props
fansb4a6ad4f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22858 ft
Australia

Satureyes Posted at 8-26 23:18
Hi.
iPhone 12 Pro

Same for me, the app and the goggles (in virtual flight mode) displays connecting, but never connects. iPad 6th gen and iPhone 12 Pro.
2022-8-27
Use props
llambkin
lvl.1
Australia

I was hoping to give the kids a go on the simulator, but it seems my Goggles are too new to work with the simulator :/
2022-8-27
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let’s see how long DJI take to sort this out  
I expect they will ask us all what phone we have etc and then still think it’s a user error.
2022-8-27
Use props
Dschulle
New

United States

Same problem here on mobile (Iphone13 mini, IOS 15.5) and IPad Pro (2.Gen, IOS 15.5)
2022-8-28
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dschulle Posted at 8-28 04:37
Same problem here on mobile (Iphone13 mini, IOS 15.5) and IPad Pro (2.Gen, IOS 15.5)

I just find it massively ironic that they update the app for Avata and then don’t actually have it working with the brand new goggles that they want us to buy and then tell us to use with the app.
Did no one at DJI actually test this?
2022-8-28
Use props
llambkin
lvl.1
Australia

Satureyes Posted at 8-28 04:40
I just find it massively ironic that they update the app for Avata and then don’t actually have it working with the brand new goggles that they want us to buy and then tell us to use with the app.
Did no one at DJI actually test this?

I believe that may be the case

The DJI Fly app on the OG smart controller won't connect to the new goggles either. Although I think that may have been broken deliberately so people don't think they can fly the Avata with the smart controller (that would be cool though).
2022-8-28
Use props
MAYKITHRT
New
Flight distance : 219167 ft
United States

Hi.

For all those with the connection issue with the Avata to the flight simulator and receiving that "connecting circle" or/and the blue writing saying to connect to the Goggles 2 and you're not getting anywhere, I've discovered a solution. I was receiving the same headaches, reading the forums, and agreeing in frustration especially when I used it with the FPV and everything worked perfectly. My setup was similar to most yours e.g. connecting to your iphone to the goggles 2 then the controller then BAMM! Nothing. But everything worked once I changed the regular iphone charger cable to one that does a fast charge. It's a thicker cable and carries, I guess, more data faster. Whatever the case, it worked. I tried it on both my ipad pro and iphone XR.  And if you've got the more recent phones, it definitely should work. Another thing is that when you get the "connecting message with the circle" tap the blue writing in the middle of screen about "connecting to the goggles 2". Once you do that go to your goggles>settings>virtual app and select it. Afterwards, you iphone/ipad simulator screens and the goggles should all reflect the same screen. Now you're good to go. Get to flying and leveling up. I'm typing a lot of this from memory so there might be some minor adjustments but you've got the point. Good luck!
2022-10-4
Use props
MAYKITHRT
New
Flight distance : 219167 ft
United States

Satureyes Posted at 8-26 23:18
Hi.
iPhone 12 Pro

Hi.

For all those with the connection issue with the Avata to the flight simulator and receiving that "connecting circle" or/and the blue writing saying to connect to the Goggles 2 and you're not getting anywhere, I've discovered a solution. I was receiving the same headaches, reading the forums, and agreeing in frustration especially when I used it with the FPV and everything worked perfectly. My setup was similar to most yours e.g. connecting to your iphone to the goggles 2 then the controller then BAMM! Nothing. But everything worked once I changed the regular iphone charger cable to one that does a fast charge. It's a thicker cable and carries, I guess, more data faster. Whatever the case, it worked. I tried it on both my ipad pro and iphone XR.  And if you've got the more recent phones, it definitely should work. Another thing is that when you get the "connecting message with the circle" tap the blue writing in the middle of screen about "connecting to the goggles 2". Once you do that go to your goggles>settings>virtual app and select it. Afterwards, you iphone/ipad simulator screens and the goggles should all reflect the same screen. Now you're good to go. Get to flying and leveling up. I'm typing a lot of this from memory so there might be some minor adjustments but you've got the point. Good luck!
2022-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules