Focus wheel malfunction?
1294 8 2022-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Claymor666
lvl.1
Brazil

Hey Guys I have this recording to show whats happening with my equipment
apparently theres a malfunction to the focus wheel, or maybe its the gimbal ?
could you guys check this video and let me know if it's something that I can fix?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SOgjjLfSDdzn1zNRsQ9fLbMTERYEnvV6/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your atention.
2022-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the issue. Could you please tell us the model of the camera and lens you used?
2022-8-30
Use props
Claymor666
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-30 04:35
Hi there, we are sorry to know about the issue. Could you please tell us the model of the camera and lens you used?

Hi, I'm using a Sony alpha 6400, and a sigma 16mm 1.4.

I also tried it with the sigma 18-55mm 2.8
2022-8-30
Use props
Claymor666
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-30 04:35

Hi,
Would you be able to tell me how can I fix this issue ?
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Claymor666 Posted at 9-1 07:43
Hi,
Would you be able to tell me how can I fix this issue ?

Could you please also tell us which cable you're using? Please refer to: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/ronin-sc/a6400
2022-9-5
Use props
Claymor666
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-5 01:06
Could you please also tell us which cable you're using? Please refer to: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/ronin-sc/a6400
[view_image]

Yes.
I'm using the Multi-camera control cable (micro USB)
I also tried the Type-c with the adapter, that one doesnt affect the digital zoom in the camera, only the multy cable MicroUSB does affect the digital zoom. ur telling me if I replace the cable its going work?

2022-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Claymor666 Posted at 9-5 10:37
Yes.
I'm using the Multi-camera control cable (micro USB)
I also tried the Type-c with the adapter, that one doesnt affect the digital zoom in the camera, only the multy cable MicroUSB does affect the digital zoom. ur telling me if I replace the cable its going work?

For zoom lenses that do not have the Power Zoom function and prime lenses, after the multi-camera control cable is connected, the digital zooming function of the camera should be enabled before it is used. You can go to menu--custom settings--zoom settings--digital zoom to enable the digital zoom.
2022-9-6
Use props
Claymor666
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-6 04:41
For zoom lenses that do not have the Power Zoom function and prime lenses, after the multi-camera control cable is connected, the digital zooming function of the camera should be enabled before it is used. You can go to menu--custom settings--zoom settings--digital zoom to enable the digital zoom.

Thanks for your response, yeah I know I can disable the digital zoom function on my camera.
what I'm trying to do is exactly the opposite, I want my focus wheel to work on my digital zoom, but as you cans see in the video I posted the focus wheel is not working on the zoom correctly, apparently it's looking like a malfunction. As I move mu pan axes it surprisingly moves the zoom in /out .

please take a look on the video I posted above . I'm hoping it's some malfunction on the cables or the focus wheel, maybe it's a software problem?
Please let me know if theres a fix.  
2022-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Claymor666 Posted at 9-6 09:03
Thanks for your response, yeah I know I can disable the digital zoom function on my camera.
what I'm trying to do is exactly the opposite, I want my focus wheel to work on my digital zoom, but as you cans see in the video I posted the focus wheel is not working on the zoom correctly, apparently it's looking like a malfunction. As I move mu pan axes it surprisingly moves the zoom in /out .

Sorry for the late reply. We've forwarded the video to the corresponding team for further check and our team noticed that the lens in the video seems to be a fixed lens that does not support zooming. May I ask did you try to test the sigma 18-55mm 2.8 lens? Please provide us with a video of this lens for confirmation.
2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules