New firmware for Ronin-M
8562 54 2015-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Allmay
lvl.1

Malaysia

Have anyone has install new update for ronin m? (Assistant software v2.0,imu v1.4,gcu v1.2) need feedback please, want to know either it is still the same ,getting better or worst then before. Thanks
2015-12-7
Use props
cinematicmoment
New

Malaysia

Allmay Posted at 2015-12-8 07:03
Have anyone has install new update for ronin m? (Assistant software v2.0,imu v1.4,gcu v1.2) need fee ...

I personally wont try it. I having a great working ronin m with the 2nd version of Firmware.
2015-12-30
Use props
allan.19x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I just upgraded to V1.4 from 1.2. It's now a useless piece of junk.
2016-1-12
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

allan.19x Posted at 2016-1-12 13:03
I just upgraded to V1.4 from 1.2. It's now a useless piece of junk.

Hi Allan, Sorry to hear that. Did you do the upgrade from Gimbal App Version 2.2? I am still running GCU .01 and IMU 1.2, but do have occasional horizontal drift.

Best wishes -George
2016-1-12
Use props
allan.19x
lvl.1

United Kingdom

George Mihaly Posted at 2016-1-13 00:38
Hi Allan, Sorry to hear that. Did you do the upgrade from Gimbal App Version 2.2? I am still runni ...

Not sure what the other older versions were, now on the 2.2 App.

I think I'm going to call it a day with DJI and sell up (although the Ronin is currently worthless).

The firmware and changes for my  Inspire 1 have been a nightmare, I'm currently doing the PWFA (done course) but I don't have any confidence in the machine any more. I coldn't use this kit commercially.

Updating the firmware on the Ronin was simply a stupid mistake, I should have known better.
There was no real need to do it, it was working fine. What an absolute prat I am.
2016-1-13
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

allan.19x Posted at 2016-1-13 04:49
Not sure what the other older versions were, now on the 2.2 App.

I think I'm going to call it a d ...

Allan, Sorry to hear. I've heard about some folks getting firmware downgrade instructions, but I understand where you're coming from. Hope all works out! -George
2016-1-14
Use props
allan_m
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have emailed DJI, TNA.

DJI. Can we <<<please>>>  have instructions on how to downgrade the firmware.
2016-1-17
Use props
dave
lvl.1

United States

I wish I had seen this forum and thread before updating my Ronin M! I have a major problem with Ronin M after doing the most recent updates:

Software Assist v2.2
Firmware IMU v1.4
GCU v1.2
Thumb Controller v2.2 (Thumb Controller states version 1.0 after update..?)

After doing the update, power cycling the Ronin and restoring to Default values, my Ronin will not pan or tilt smoothly at all. The Ronin hesitates before panning or tilting, and there are pauses during pans/tilts and as the Ronin returns to center. The pauses are dramatically worse when using the thumb controller (it starts and stops during pans/tilts and when returning to center). I double checked my balance, tried dozens of setting options, reverted to Default settings, Fine Tuning and System Calibration multiple times, but the problem remains. BTW, I tried to re-apply the firmware update, but the Ronin app won't let me as it says everything is up to date. At this point, I will not be able to use my Ronin until I get this sorted out. I wish I could revert back to the older firmware, but I doubt this is an option. My Ronin M has worked flawlessly since I got it, and I now regret doing the update. I did the update as I wanted to order one of the new batteries as a backup, and the firmware suggested the update would require it.

Here is a video link that demonstrates the problems I am experiencing: 

Any suggestions about how to fix this would be greatly appreciated! I have an shoot coming up, and need to get this fixed ASAP.
2016-1-18
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

dave@pixelstogo Posted at 2016-1-18 21:05
I wish I had seen this forum and thread before updating my Ronin M! I have a major problem with Roni ...

Hi Dave, Sorry to hear about your experience. If you email support, I have seen them give download instructions for users to downgrade firmware. Best -George
2016-1-19
Use props
allan_m
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well, we're making progress on two counts...  Movi M5  ordered.....

and.....

Dear Allan,

Thank you for contacting the DJI Support.

Normally you just install the older assistant manager and it will apply the firmware associated with that. However in another case my colleague notified me that we need to apply that ourselves in the workshop because it requires an authorization.

So the bad news is we need to send it in. The good news is that if didn't fix the issue we will repair or even replace everything anyway. Apologies for that delay.

We need the following information :

Product (Inspire or Phantom):
Serial number of the drone:
Serial number of the remote:
Serial number of the gimbal:
A short description of the problem:

So..  Factory refurbished Ronin-m for sale...   well soon.

2016-1-20
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I just purchased the Ronin M and Going through total hell with the osmos with firmware screwing everything up  Now after reading this Im sorta sick . DJI  What IS IT WITH YOU’RE FREAKING FIRMWARE UPDATES ??? I THINK YOU SHOULD CALL THEM  UNFIRMwIRE UPDATES!
2016-2-6
Use props
jason
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

After updating the firmware the rc control act like bite steps when I operate the rc control . Any ideas on how to smooth it out?
2016-2-23
Use props
jason
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dave@pixelstogo Posted at 2016-1-18 21:05
I wish I had seen this forum and thread before updating my Ronin M! I have a major problem with Roni ...

Hi Dave, I have the same problem with the remote control. any ideas?
2016-2-24
Use props
xoxodr
lvl.2

United States

Well, I guess I wont be doing the update... Thanks fellow users for your feedback. My shoot will be great tomorrow because of your experiences.
2016-2-28
Use props
Good news! I re-installed the firmware update for the thumb controller, and the Ronin M is working again! Sorry I didn't post this update sooner. I was disappointed that Ronin's customer support suggested the only solution was to send it back for "repair". That would have been a major waste or time, money and prevented me from using my Ronin on the past 3 shoots. Why can't customer support know their products well enough to actually offer support? Is that asking too much?
2016-2-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules