Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot connect DJI AVATA to DJI FPV Controller 2 as per advert
8118 35 2022-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't connect DJI AVATA to DJI FPV Controller 2 as per advert, I believe this is due to firmware on Controller 2. Is there a fix for this, please?
Thanks
2022-8-26
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

yes, update firmware
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;tid=272674&
Overview:

Date: 2022.08.25
    Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0015
    Goggles Firmware: v01.03.0000
    Remote Controller firmware: v02.00.0200
    Motion Controller Firmware: v02.00.0400
    DJI Fly App iOS: v1.7.0
    DJI Fly App Android: v1.7.0

What’s New?

DJI FPV Goggles V2 added support for DJI Avata.
    DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 added support for DJI Avata.
    DJI Motion Controller added support for DJI Avata.
2022-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there www.maritimefilming.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out, Kindly please try to follow the steps given above by KREMi to see if the issue will still persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-8-26
Use props
Phantom1500
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12306 ft

Australia

I’m having the same issue, the firmware link is for the FPV model, will that work on the AVATA? Was sold the combo with the remote controller 2 and cannot link it.
2022-8-27
Use props
djiuser_Ld6Gh4WANWrN
lvl.1

France

For Avata I can download  firmware v01.02.0015 why?
2022-8-28
Use props
djiuser_k5LzBvMLYSpa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 597759 ft
United States

This is getting annoying. Literally spent 2h trying to figure this out and no answers. I can not update my DJI Controller 2 through DJI Assistant or neither on DJI Fly App. This does not work!
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_k5LzBvMLYSpa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 597759 ft
United States

djiuser_k5LzBvMLYSpa Posted at 8-30 18:07
This is getting annoying. Literally spent 2h trying to figure this out and no answers. I can not update my DJI Controller 2 through DJI Assistant or neither on DJI Fly App. This does not work!

Found solution:

1. Download latest DJI Assistant (FPV Series)
2. Connect FPV Remote Controller to your computer. Note: right USB cable is required here. If the LEDs on the controller don't light up after connecting you need to find another cable.
3. Turn on the controller and update to latest version
4. Attempt to link the controller like you would normally
2022-8-30
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you using the correct Assistant 2?

For Avata you use the Assistant 2 for consumer drones, use the link on the Avata download page.

It updated my FPV Remote Controller 2 firmware without issue and it connected first time.
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_tc9cza8hM8aH
New

Malaysia

djiuser_k5LzBvMLYSpa Posted at 8-30 20:14
Found solution:

Yes, found out that remote controller 2 and motion controller cannot use the c type cable provided with the Avata. Bought a couple of type c cable form pro link, still can't use. Found out I can use our Dji OM5 cable to charge both remote controller 2 and motion controller. The controller themselves doesn't come with cables for charging.
2022-8-30
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Ld6Gh4WANWrN Posted at 8-28 00:10
For Avata I can download  firmware v01.02.0015 why?

... no!
.0015 is for DJI FPV, not for Avata...
2022-8-30
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Found solution:

I can't get DJI FPV series assistant app to recognize my FPV Controller 2. I've tried so many different USB-C cables and nothing appears to work.
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21089 ft
New Zealand

Found solution:

Thank you very much.   

I was really starting to think my DJI FPV remote was broken.   So glad I saw this and was able to get mine working again too.

The funny thing in my case was....  originally it connected with the old firmware and I was even able to fly the Avata with it.   And then suddenly out of the blue it started to refuse to connect.    And now with the new firmware it connected again and hopefully it will continue working after this.
2022-8-31
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

I posted my solution to the DJI FB group here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dji.owners
2022-8-31
Use props
fans6fb5a3b5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1801089 ft
United States

Found solution:

Bro I just want to say thank you because I was literally flipping my ... cussing my computer out and cussing out DJI because this was the most annoying ... ever I tried a different cable with a different set up and it worked
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_OhqyuMCl03Cw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 913996 ft
United States

Go on YouTube to RobHK How to Bind DJI Avata to FPV controller and Goggles V2.
He gives a step-by-step instructions on how to bind/pair & upgrade your Controller & Goggles to your Avata drone via the DJI Assistant 2 Series which you will need to upload through DJI.com support.

The only issue I had with the instructions is that I didn’t have the right size USB – C cable.
As I cycled through my two dozens of USB-C cables, I initially used a smaller thinner cable which didn’t work.
It took a thicker, male to male end USB – C cable to upload/upgrade all that date via my Apple M1 laptop.
I hope this helps everyone out.
2022-9-4
Use props
Mega Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95269 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 19:39
Hello there www.maritimefilming.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out, Kindly please try to follow the steps given above by KREMi to see if the issue will still persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

What steps ? There is no guide anywhere so disappointed that I couldn’t bind FPVP3 DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 with Avata
2022-9-5
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

you believe correctly, update the firmware on the controller. Must be done on DJI Assistant2 (DJI fpv series) NOT the fly app
2022-9-5
Use props
MANNU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3832 ft
Canada

Phantom1500 Posted at 8-27 16:48
I’m having the same issue, the firmware link is for the FPV model, will that work on the AVATA? Was sold the combo with the remote controller 2 and cannot link it.

same issue...no help anywhere....
2022-9-14
Use props
MANNU
lvl.1
Canada

DJI you need to better....we paid a lot of money  and this not good.
2022-9-14
Use props
MANNU
lvl.1
Canada

KREMi Posted at 8-26 11:33
yes, update firmware
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=272674&
Overview:

Sorry...this doesnt work....
2022-9-14
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

Make sure you use a cable that is capable of data transfer. The supplied USB c cable, is just a power cable and has no data transfer capability.

As many have said use the DJI assistant 2 fpv app. I just did mine last week.
2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

StuntJumper Ste Posted at 9-15 03:09
Make sure you use a cable that is capable of data transfer. The supplied USB c cable, is just a power cable and has no data transfer capability.

As many have said use the DJI assistant 2 fpv app. I just did mine last week.

I used the USB-C cable that came with Avata, worked just fine.
2022-9-15
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

Maybe I'll wait for this to sort out a bit more before I get mine...

TCS
2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 9-15 08:40
Maybe I'll wait for this to sort out a bit more before I get mine...

TCS

There's nothing to "sort out." Everything works as advertised.
2022-9-15
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-15 08:55
There's nothing to "sort out." Everything works as advertised.

Apparently there's not universal agreement about that!

:-)

TCS
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_HWBsUokQrpFS
New

United States

So then the main issue is that USB cable. Can I just buy one somewhere? Can anyone recommend one (link please) that would work? I can get the controller to charge but just no transfer happening beyond the screen below.
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_bj91p74Wxetg
lvl.1

United States

I received my DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 today and had a similar experience as some have mentioned above.  It linked to the Avata once, then wouldn't link back.

I had to download DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) and update the firmware on the new remote.

Once I did that, it was fine.  I can switch between the MC and FPV remotes easily now.

I used the USB C cable that came with my Mavic 3 Cine, worked fine.

2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_zR9VybgKJpG6
New
United States

I still cannot get my goggles to connect.  I downloaded the firmware and it will not connect to computer to update.  I have the right cable.  Please help.  Everyone talks about the FPV controller and the manual controller but I just have Goggles 2.  They simply will not connect.  So frustrating.
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_zR9VybgKJpG6
New
United States

djiuser_zR9VybgKJpG6 Posted at 10-16 14:51
I still cannot get my goggles to connect.  I downloaded the firmware and it will not connect to computer to update.  I have the right cable.  Please help.  Everyone talks about the FPV controller and the manual controller but I just have Goggles 2.  They simply will not connect.  So frustrating.

Figured it out.  You have to use the consumer version of assistant 2
2022-10-16
Use props
fans43b00a84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19626155 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I have tried both assistance DJI Assistant 2 with multiple cables and still no connection. The DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) says at the bottom "Waiting for backend to boot up...." and it's been like that for hours.
I have been able to connect the Avata to the controller 2 sometimes with multiple attempts today I cannot connect them at all. I also have two Avata aircraft and cannot connect to either now. I have tried six cables.
This is very bad,
2022-12-19
Use props
Paultbg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

fans43b00a84 Posted at 12-19 09:41
I have tried both assistance DJI Assistant 2 with multiple cables and still no connection. The DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) says at the bottom "Waiting for backend to boot up...." and it's been like that for hours.
I have been able to connect the Avata to the controller 2 sometimes with multiple attempts today I cannot connect them at all. I also have two Avata aircraft and cannot connect to either now. I have tried six cables.
This is very bad,

Try a different computer / laptop. It could also be a driver issue.
2022-12-19
Use props
fans43b00a84
lvl.3
  • >>>
Thailand

So I tried a stupid idea, stupid, no terribly difficult process. I used a hub and it worked. This is the worst update/malfunction I have experienced with DJI. You have to apologize for this inconvenience and mistake and make sure it never happens again.
2022-12-19
Use props
fans43b00a84
lvl.3
  • >>>
Thailand

A whole day wasted. In fact the thing never connected first time anyway. If I wanted this level of hassle I would have gone to another company. No, not just a whole day, but incredible frustration and angst.
2022-12-19
Use props
fans43b00a84
lvl.3
  • >>>
Thailand

fans43b00a84 is not my name. My name is John Gowland and I need compensation and an apology for this third rate service. The reason I am so angry is that I never expected this from DJI I kept trying over and over because I did not believe DJI could make such a mess of this.
2022-12-19
Use props
fans43b00a84
lvl.3
  • >>>
Thailand

Well I am not going to say it was worth it because I had a horrible day yesterday trying to get my dead Avata in the air. When it did eventually worked today it was excellent. After all the updates to the aircraft and the controller it bound itself and after multiple flights today I never needed to bind it again after several battery changes. And it came with the FCC settings releasing all three channels and I could go very far in the open sky and more importantly 100s of meters in a thick jungle. Amazing!

John Gowland
2022-12-20
Use props
CesiumSalami
New

United States

Just adding to the pile here - spent a ton of time on this that was totally unnecessary IMO. It's not a USB-C data cable issue. It's some other unknown related to cables / systems. I cycled through like 10 USB-C cables that I know for a fact transfer data and power as they work with hard drives, card readers, even soldering irons and nothing worked until I just got lucky with a random USB-C -> USB-A -> USB-A to USB-C adapter that I found at the bottom of a bin. Updated and then tried connecting a few more times with the other cables with no luck. Even though they could mount the Avata's storage to the computer OK.  So, yeah, just try every USB C connection you can possibly think of.
2022-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules