DJI Mini 3 pro + RC -> No cached video
4759 6 2022-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djdh
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi, I have the DJI Mini 3 pro with the DJI RC controller (including the screen). I want record low-quality video on the RC, to review the footage directly, even without connection to the drone itseld. I learned that that is called 'the cache video'. To have the cache video files saved on my RC I have to switch the function "Cache when recording" in the Fly-app to On.  So I did that. But that does not work. When looking in the app Album on the RC, I do see (when connected to the drone) video's that are stored on the Mini 3 (in the sub 'Aircraft album'), but there is nothing in the sub 'App Album'.
How do I get low quality video's stored on the RC?

I use firmware 01.01.0300, the latest, and DJI Fly v1.6.9

Thanks for any help,
Dirk Jan

2022-8-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you install an SD card in the DJI RC controller?
2022-8-27
Use props
djdh
lvl.1
Netherlands

Yes, I have an SD card in the DJI RC controller, 64 gB in size.
2022-8-27
Use props
SiberHawk
lvl.1

Canada

I'm having the same issue. The RC is NOT saving the cache files to the memory card in the RC. Yes, there's a formatted card in there, and yes the switch is turned on to do so...but the app album remains empty.
Have you found a solution yet?
2022-9-18
Use props
djdh
lvl.1
Netherlands

SiberHawk Posted at 9-18 11:20
I'm having the same issue. The RC is NOT saving the cache files to the memory card in the RC. Yes, there's a formatted card in there, and yes the switch is turned on to do so...but the app album remains empty.
Have you found a solution yet?

No I have not, unfortunately. It just does not work, although it should when reading the manual and all. Switch on in the RC-app. But it does not work.
2022-9-18
Use props
dmills
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356152 ft
Canada

I have the same issue unsolved. My RC can record the low-res video before. But it cannot do the same after the recent firmware upgrade.
2022-10-15
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

I just noticed this even on the latest RC firmware v01.02.0100, seems a bug which has already been report but yet still not fixed: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=269712&extra=page%3D2%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D779%26typeid%3D779.
2022-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules