Brand new Mini 2 battery not charging but blinking
8941 16 2022-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tharaka_rehan
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

Hi all. I purchased a DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo today. First, as mentioned in the user manual I was trying to charge the battery (which was inside the drone) by connecting the drone to USB charger (which came with the combo). For the first 10 seconds, the LEDs were indicating the charging status. After that however the LED 3 and 4 in the drone blinked simultaneously three times and was repeating that pattern. The battery did not seem to be charging. Then I tried to charge it with two way charging hub, but could encounter the similar blinking pattern as in the drone. The other two batteries which came with the combo works fine. What seems to be the problem? According to the user manual this happens when the battery is not inserted properly. But the battery clicks nicely. I have attached two videos of that battery charging in drone and in two way charging hub.
2022-8-26
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

Seems like something is wrong with your battery. Do you have another battery to see if the problem is present with that battery as well inside the drone? Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the battery to rule out any dirt or corrosion? Its possible that the contacts are dirty which is preventing a good connection when trying to charge.
2022-8-26
Use props
tharaka_rehan
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

SpectreOne Posted at 8-26 12:54
Seems like something is wrong with your battery. Do you have another battery to see if the problem is present with that battery as well inside the drone? Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the battery to rule out any dirt or corrosion? Its possible that the contacts are dirty which is preventing a good connection when trying to charge.

The other two batteries are charging fine in both drone and the hub. I have not tried to clean the contacts on the battery. Thank you for the suggestion. Anyway trying to clean contacts will that affect the warranty?
2022-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tharaka_rehan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with one of your DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight battery. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-26
Use props
tharaka_rehan
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 19:52
Hello there tharaka_rehan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with one of your DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight battery. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Hello. I will contact the support team. Thank you.
2022-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

tharaka_rehan Posted at 8-27 10:26
Hello. I will contact the support team. Thank you.

Hi there tharaka_rehan. Thank you for the reply and for this update. If you have any other concerns or any issues in the future with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-8-27
Use props
HUNkisvex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2088219 ft
Hungary

Hey! I'm having the same issue with one of my batteries, I'm curious if you could solve it by yourself or did you sent it back to DJI?
2023-4-6
Use props
djiuser_CO11doziJFQh
New
Flight distance : 135236 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

hi everyone, i have the same problem. can someone help me ?
2023-4-29
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

How many charge cycles do you have on the battery?  
2023-4-29
Use props
djiuser_CO11doziJFQh
New
Bosnia and Herzegovina

None, brand new
2023-4-29
Use props
Richard Borst
New

Netherlands

I have the same problem. I think the battery is defect, but not sure
2023-4-29
Use props
djiuser_CO11doziJFQh
New
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I put battery in drone and charged the battery for 2-3h and then everything was ok
2023-5-1
Use props
CrashTestr
New

United States

I had the same problem and was able to fix it by changing the charging box. I was using the Belkin USB-C box (which works to charge the battery in the drone), and I switched to a Samsung USB fast-charging box, and now it works great!
2023-7-2
Use props
djiuser_8Nvd7NSzxbfj
New

United States

Richard Borst Posted at 4-29 23:24

Was the 2 lights  flashing the whole time on charger ? Untill charged ?I just got brand new mini 2 se doing same thing
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_8Nvd7NSzxbfj
New

United States

Richard Borst Posted at 4-29 23:24

Was the 2 lights  flashing the whole time on charger ? Untill charged ?I just got brand new mini 2 se doing same thing
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8Nvd7NSzxbfj Posted at 12-30 17:11
Was the 2 lights  flashing the whole time on charger ? Untill charged ?I just got brand new mini 2 se doing same thing

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Is your battery not charging? Have you already tried leaving it charging for about 2 hours? Thank you.
2023-12-30
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules