LIVE FEED in EU 50frames
938 6 2015-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kristiandreier
lvl.1

Denmark

Dear DJI.

Everything is working fine, but I do have one major problem.

I am working on a television station in Denmark.
We tested the Inspire1 yesterday to see if it Picture wise will live up to our standars in broadcasting.
Everything that we put on SD looks nice and the gimbal is really fantastic.

However the live feed will not Work in EU and other countries where we broadcast in 720p50frames.

Internal we work in 1920x1080I -
Can we have an option on the live feed that says PAL 720p50frames?

Thanks.
Kristian.
2015-8-6
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Do you mean 50 interlaced, or 50 Progressive?

2015-8-6
Use props
kristiandreier
lvl.1

Denmark

jon@thefullers. Posted at 2015-8-7 15:13
Do you mean 50 interlaced, or 50 Progressive?

Hi Jon.

Thanks for the reply.
With 720i@50 frames it would run straight in.
With 720p@50 we can convert it in the syncronizers and it will work.

but with 30 or 60 frames we will never get the frame rate right and when doing pan movement or fast movements it looks dodgy cause frames are missing.

I am not sure if the video link between master and slave console also are in HD, but it would be great if we could also take it out on the HDMI on the slave.
That way one can fly the Inspire1 without having a HDMI cable in the master controller.

We have not tested on the slave HDMI out yet.

Thanks.
Kristian.
2015-8-6
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I find that 25p looks jerky on fast pans anyway (25 being std pal / euro frame rate) because without the video being interlaced (effectively 50 frames) it simply isn't a high enough frame rate to be smooth. So 50i is the preferred setting, certainly if it's going live to a screen (not TV in my case, but live events).

It's a bit of a minefield, and to be honest, I haven't yet tried sending live images from the inspire via the HDMI port, so have no experience.

In fact the frame rate thing is such a pain in the arse, we're tending to use 30/60 now in live events, as we are not constrained by standards in the same way as you are with TV.

Most non TV videos are played via computers, projectors, LED displays etc, so going down the 30/60 route doesn't cause any issues, it just gives nice smooth video.

Good luck with your project, I would be very interested to see if you sort this out.

regards

Jon
2015-8-7
Use props
StefT
lvl.1

Germany

You can already change the Live Video 720p Video to 50 or 60 fps in the HD-Settings of the App (at least in Android Pilot app 1.2.0)
2015-8-7
Use props
kristiandreier
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi Ste. I belive that is Hz and not frames right?
2015-8-7
Use props
kristiandreier
lvl.1

Denmark

jon@thefullers. Posted at 2015-8-7 16:12
I find that 25p looks jerky on fast pans anyway (25 being std pal / euro frame rate) because without ...

Thx Jon.

I agree 50i would be perfect.

Since i am not seing any Interlace settings at all I am just hoping for a 720@50 which I think will work okay after a bit og syncronizing.

Thanks - ill keep trying.
Safe flight.
Kristian.
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules