Dji rc gauges refresh rate
1078 10 2022-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Hd3hMcpjfDpE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130420 ft
Israel

I have the mini 3 pro with the Dji RC and saw through various YouTube screen recordings that the gauges (speed, alt, radar, map, etc.) have a very low refresh rate on the RC vs. other remotes, like the RC PRO or when connected to a phone. The RC has a 1 second update while other displays have much faster update rates.

Any reason the remote HW can't cope with higher refresh rates? This is limiting when relying on the gauges to point the drone back home, or when trying to decide if the wind is too strong.

2022-8-27
Use props
Coach Kerry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137493 ft
United States

I have the very same issue very frustrating
2022-8-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The radar bugs me, thats the same, its just not smooth like it is on my Note 20 Ultra, perhaps the higher the refresh rate the more CPU it needs and its got limited resources as it is, just a guess mind...
2022-8-27
Use props
djiuser_Hd3hMcpjfDpE
lvl.1
Israel

Any official answer?
2022-9-28
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

The compass/attitude indicator is noticeably 100 times smoother on iOS. Noticed when flying with friend's iPad.
The Fly app is much more stable on iOS in general. Can't do anything about it.
But I also noticed that some versions of the Fly app have higher refresh rate than others. Weird!
2022-9-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yaros1 Posted at 9-28 13:34
The compass/attitude indicator is noticeably 100 times smoother on iOS. Noticed when flying with friend's iPad.
The Fly app is much more stable on iOS in general. Can't do anything about it.
But I also noticed that some versions of the Fly app have higher refresh rate than others. Weird!

It's smoother on any other device except for this DJI RC, I cannot understand why DJI are dragging their feet over this and there's the issue with the compass. I know it's a cheap device but c'mon DJI, get with the program, please!
2022-9-30
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14616165 ft
  • >>>
Russia

It is very convenient when a big problem can be solved with little effort and earn the respect of users.

The refresh rate is really terrible. As is the quality of the map. But I'm already used to navigating in space by the camera view, not paying attention to the compass or map.
2022-10-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Flight Attitude Radar is pants, ive been on at DJI since i 1st saw this issue and alas, nothing has been done about it, perhaps its just a limitation of the RC but i don't think so...
2022-10-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The Smart Controller was about $700, the RC Pro is $1200, the RC is $309. See the corelation? If you want RC Pro performance, you aren't going to get it from the RC.
2022-10-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-12 07:53
The Smart Controller was about $700, the RC Pro is $1200, the RC is $309. See the corelation? If you want RC Pro performance, you aren't going to get it from the RC.

I dont expect RC Pro or SC performance but i do expect the apps to act the same, its nice and smooth when using the N1 and a cheapo smartphone so I don't think its too much to ask
2022-10-12
Use props
djiuser_Hd3hMcpjfDpE
lvl.1
Israel

Good News:

The latest firmware update for RC 1.7.8 and Mini 3 Pro xxxxxxxx400 fixes this: The horizon now refreshes noticeably faster.

Checked it on the desk, not yet in flight.
2022-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules