Controller 2 pairing issue
3357 13 2022-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dellefpv
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi everyone,
Initially pairing the controller 2 to the avata worked fine, after flying a couple of batteries the controller unpaired, pairing through fly app or directly via droned all failed, the controller would continue to do the pairing beep sound and the drone would never pair.

The only way i can get the controller 2 to pair back to the avata in these cases, is to first pair it back to my DJI FPV, then shut off the DJI FPV, and pair the controller with the avata.

This works every time, but its a little annoying having to bring the DJI FPV with me in order to re-pair my controller when the avata decides its time to take a break

Anyone else experienced this?
2022-8-27
Use props
Trailblazer3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1873 ft
United Kingdom

Yes. I am having similar problems. It doesnt feel like its paired properly. I cant access the options to edit the controller to change to full manual its greyed out in the menu?
2022-8-27
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

I have the Avata drone only on order since i have the DJI FPV Controller, motion controller and goggles.   Did that and only ordered since all posted info says it will work.

May I assume you are also using the DJI FPV goggles?

I will be following this thread as I await delivery.  I also have the Mini 2 and generally fly both the FPV and mini 2 the same day unless I have something specific to do with one of them.
2022-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dellefpv. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-8-27
Use props
Dellefpv
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-27 19:29
Hello there Dellefpv. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

What does the "mobile device" have to do with this? I dont use my phone for anything, i pair the controller to the drone, by holding the power button on the battery for 4 seconds, and then hold the power button on the controller for 4 seconds.

I dont use the fly app or a mobile device for anything, other then updating firmware.
2022-8-28
Use props
fansc214fe63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue and it was the remote controller 2 firmware.  I used DJI Assistant 2 (on a PC) to upgrade the remote firmware and it all connected right afterward no problem.  My remote control was for the original DJI FPV drone and had not been update, or used with the original FPV drone, in several months.  Hope this helps.
2022-8-28
Use props
fansb67c9213
lvl.1
United States

fansc214fe63 Posted at 8-28 21:09
I had the same issue and it was the remote controller 2 firmware.  I used DJI Assistant 2 (on a PC) to upgrade the remote firmware and it all connected right afterward no problem.  My remote control was for the original DJI FPV drone and had not been update, or used with the original FPV drone, in several months.  Hope this helps.

I had issues pairing my new FPV Controller 2 to the Avata as well.  I had purchased from getfpv and it still had a v1 firmware on it.  After updating via DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone version) it paired no problem, so thank you for posting this.
2022-9-1
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Update Controller 2 via the DJI assistant FPV on your computer. There is an update for v2 goggles , motion controller and controller 2.
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_reM0mLy8SXnU
New

United States

I am having the same issue. Avata firmware is all updated but I cannot get the controller 2 firmware update via DJI Assistant 2 to work. Possibly because I have a Mac and not PC? I have the Assistant 2 software downloaded but it will not recognize my controller or avata when I plug it into the computer!
2022-12-1
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

corrupted Firmware, and probably it is good that you cannot connect with aircraft because it would not behave as it should if connected (ask me I know that )  keep refreshing the Firmware via DJI Assistant till works...it is very annoying, I had to refresh three times.
2022-12-1
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_reM0mLy8SXnU Posted at 12-1 14:51
I am having the same issue. Avata firmware is all updated but I cannot get the controller 2 firmware update via DJI Assistant 2 to work. Possibly because I have a Mac and not PC? I have the Assistant 2 software downloaded but it will not recognize my controller or avata when I plug it into the computer!

try a different USB cable, remember to use a data cable, charging cable will not work
2022-12-1
Use props
djiuser_reM0mLy8SXnU
New

United States

HDPS Posted at 12-1 20:09
try a different USB cable, remember to use a data cable, charging cable will not work

Yeah I've tried five different cables!
2022-12-2
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

pairing issues is due to not updating the controller and the drone to the latest firmware .. make sure you update the controller not only the drone
2022-12-2
Use props
twhyrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356125 ft
United States

Did any one find a fix for this?

I previously updated to the latest firmware on the controller 2. I had a day of flying the day before. I plugged everything into charge and the next day when I tried to fly again I can't get the controller 2 to pair/bind...
1-29 21:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules