HLG 10 bit HDR is no longer recognized by Youtube.
1512 5 2022-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Folks,

Wnated to ask if anyone has a similar issue. Youtube now defaults HLG 10 bit HDR video with proper meta data for the same (even those straight out of the drone at H.265) as BT.709 color space. In fact, I tried uploading the same file I uploaded before that were BT.2020 before and now they get defaulted to BT.709 and contrasty HDR is gone on them. I tried exporting in PQ and that works file, Youtube recognizes those as BT.2020 and HDR is retained. Wanted to ask if anyone noticed the same and how to get around it?

Thanks in advance, Mike.
2022-8-27
Use props
TeddyBozeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ran into this a few months back when doing a video as well, I'd be interested to see what the answer to this is!
2022-8-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 8-27 12:07
I ran into this a few months back when doing a video as well, I'd be interested to see what the answer to this is!

Hi Teddy,

I also have no idea how to get around it. The only good news is I am able to upload PQ HDR 10 bit BT.2020 just fine, but I don't think that would be compatible with people who view that on non HDR (SDR) display just like HLG is. Hopefully someone who has an idea could chime in. I even tried to upload the same video I uploaded before as HLG 10 bit BT.2020 and it is now defaulting to BT.709. Hopefully someone might know this , I might also contact Google for this if I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Teddy / All,

Just a quick update, Youtube seems to be just slow or they resolved the bug. The video I tested to upload now turned to BT.2020 HLG from BT.709, so it seems it was just slow to process. It actually took couple of days for me...

Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-29
Use props
TeddyBozeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 8-29 08:41
Hi Teddy / All,

Just a quick update, Youtube seems to be just slow or they resolved the bug. The video I tested to upload now turned to BT.2020 HLG from BT.709, so it seems it was just slow to process. It actually took couple of days for me...

Thanks for the info Mike!! This is good news!
2022-8-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 8-29 14:22
Thanks for the info Mike!! This is good news!

Sure, you are welcome Teddy!

Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules