5 Essential Accessories YOU NEED (+ 1 you don’t)
727 5 2022-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

5 Essential Accessories YOU NEED (+ 1 you don’t) for DJI Mini 3 Pro

One DJI Mini 3 Pro Top 5 Accessories list to get you need to get started, don't fall for all junk they wanna sell you you need Essential stuff like extra batteries, an SD card, a charging hub, and possible ND filters. Don't fall for all the extra junk they wanna sell you

2022-8-27
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

I decided for the Fly More Kit and the Freewell All Day 6 Pack and I'm quite happy with it.

But there's one more accessory I'm thinking of ... a Light Pollution Filter for night footage / photos.

But I'm still undecided regarding that, because it gives night videos a pretty unnatural look, which on the other hand has a bit of a charm of it's own. It reduces the ugly orange night lights, but introduces a slight blue/magenta cast. So some might prefer shooting in D-Cinelike / RAW instead and do the color correction in post.

Here's an example video I found on Youtube (comparison with and without filter at 5:50):

By the way ... night footage ... I'm also thinking of a green blinking night light for night videos, because the Mini 3 switches off it's own lights during video recording, which makes the drone invisible in the dark sky. And that's pretty uncool / unsafe and also forbidden in Germany, where a green flashing night light is mandatory.

DJI ... why didn't you place the lights at the back arms instead so they don't need to be switched off for video recording in the dark ... *shaking my head*

Ok then, a night light will introduce around 6g and we will have a drone over 250g weight, but in the German drone forum it was reported, that someone contacted the flight authority about that and they answered, that safety accessories like night lights are allowed as long as they don't weight more than 20g. Well, a night light will weight around 6.5g, so I would be in the tolerance range.

PS: One further example about the Light Pollution Filter:

2022-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video that you have filmed and created. Again, thank you for your support and nicely done.
2022-8-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im still holding out for the Freewell VND release.  
2022-8-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting video Henrik.    I thought the fly-more case was super flimsy and cheaply made so I bought a really nice hard case.  The hard case also gives me plenty of room for additional batteries and ND filters.  
2022-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now