2735 8 2022-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb05bb589
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325725 ft
  • >>>
United States

That puny and totally unsatisfactory tiny screwdriver caused me to strip the threads on one of the propellers I tried to remove. I successfully removed the other side, so it wasn't simply my poor technique. Anyway, now I am stuck with a propeller I can't get off, even after I purchased the Wewa tool. I have the fly more guarantee, but I don't want to spend $65 and replace a perfectly opearting drone just for this problem. If anybody has any ideas, I would be most appreciative.
2022-8-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How can  "That puny and totally unsatisfactory tiny screwdriver " strip screw threads? It would have to appy excessive torque to do that, which, by the quoted description it would be unable to do and besides you supply the torque.

That said I would try forcefully gripping the TOP of the propeller hub with pliers, applying sufficient force to crush the TOP, note TOP, of propeller's hub to the screw's head and whilst so crushing the hub twist the hub, probably anti clockwise.
Why do I stress the TOP of the propeller hub?
Because if I remember what I have seen correctly there is a spigot/boss/shoulder on the top of the motor that the propeller's hub fits over, if you crush the complete hub you would grip that shoulder and I do not know how that boss is attached to the motor, you might break it off the motor's top.
If you try this scrap the propeller.
2022-8-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Plenty of reports here of this being honored under warranty. Open a case with DJI!
2022-8-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even if you sent it off for just a repair, it should be less than the $65 and save a care refresh, but yeah, some have gotten it sorted under warranty
2022-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to about this issue that we are having with your DJI Mini 3 Pro and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-27
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-27 19:42
Even if you sent it off for just a repair, it should be less than the $65 and save a care refresh, but yeah, some have gotten it sorted under warranty

That was my plan also, when I thought I'd cross-threaded one on the screws replacing a prop.  My fault.

Ended up as a warranty repair where they claimed to replace a propulsion motor and also the aircraft core board module (!!!!!).  What they really did was send a new M3P.  Which was even funnier, as following the case on -line, said it spent 2 days being repaired, 2 days being flight tested and a day for QA.
2022-8-27
Use props
djiuser_iWUxG5LZ5FpS
New
Flight distance : 186913 ft
Netherlands

Hi guys, what to do if a propeller (after changing) seems fixed (and not free movable around is axis).

It will fly (high spinning rate during flight forced it to its correct position), but all propellors have to move easy and free around is axis...
2022-8-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Find the cause, distorted propeller hub, dirt jammed between the propeller hub's bore and the boss on the motor, dirt jammed under the screw's head etc. etc. etc. and fix it.

If it is a distorted propeller hub bin/discard the blade and its partner and fit a new pair.
2022-8-28
Use props
djiuser_iWUxG5LZ5FpS
New
Flight distance : 186913 ft
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-28 07:01
Find the cause, distorted propeller hub, dirt jammed between the propeller hub's bore and the boss on the motor, dirt jammed under the screw's head etc. etc. etc. and fix it.

If it is a distorted propeller hub bin/discard the blade and its partner and fit a new pair.

Thanks Sean, it was all clean and a brand new propellor (from its plastic cover).
But the head is pressing too hard (though the screw is not too tightly placed). But it could be that the propeller had a blurr after the pouring process....
2022-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules