Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI MINI SE auto landing problems
2068 11 2022-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jybanez17
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI MINI SE auto landing problems

I have been using the DJI Mini SE for a couple of months. I didn't have any problems flying it whatsoever until this morning when suddenly, even though my altitude is still 60m, when I push my left stick down to descend, it automatically initiates auto landing procedure without prior warning, the sad part if it is that I can't seem to stop the autolanding even though I pressed the red x mark icon to cancel autolanding, the drone descended fast at -7km/h and hit the ground hard, luckily the drone hasn't got any damage, but that was scary, anyone of you experienced this sort of thing? How did you fix it?

2022-8-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12919101 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

When flying at some height and the lower bottom sensor measure false height of 0.5 it will enter a autolanding WHEN stick down is at 100% for short moment.
Easy to cancel is to apply UP stick for short moment.

BUT in this landing the speed down should be really slow and land normally, not fast as you decribed.

Best to get help is to upload your flightlig for this issue, use ths link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the upload link on here

cheers
JJB

2022-8-28
Use props
jybanez17
lvl.1
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 8-28 00:51
Hi,

When flying at some height and the lower bottom sensor measure false height of 0.5 it will enter a autolanding WHEN stick down is at 100% for short moment.

Ok, Sir, I will. I also noticed the landing speed was out of the ordinary.
2022-8-28
Use props
jybanez17
lvl.1
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 8-28 00:51
Hi,

Here is the link, Sir.

1st flight today, then crashed:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6K21K76XIPS1IWQO4MFG/

2nd flight today, still initiates autolanding and descended fast but managed to catch it with my bare hands:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/4E48D9E2CRZ6CYYTXONL/

Please help.
2022-8-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Too many things went wrong....

Flying in RC mode3.

1st flight.
- takeoff with 4 satellites and zero for good reception. (so no HP was set)
- after 24secs HP set ; 9 sats and a '4' for reception. (so probably HP was not set at your start poisition, wich is not wise to do so....)
- climb to a height of max 296 meter (uh, have no idea about your max allowed height there...)
- loose connection at 296 height for 56 seconds....(at 2m52s)
- bc of no connection and close to HP your SE in autolanding.
- during this Autolanding your bottom sensor measures fals heights,
- at 4m34s Autolanding into P mode, so must have been cancelled by you.
- down stick 100% and bottom sesnsor still measurinhg height....
- at 5m21 at 49.1 meters with 100% stick down baro height bottom sensopr height 0.5, so into landing
- at 5m25 cancelled, so into P mode again
- at 5m45s again into landing (0,5 meter height with fiull stikc down  (normal rate of decend at 0.3 m/s)
- at 5m59 again in P mode
- at 7m2s into landing at 23m baro height (again due to 0.5 meter height + 100% stick down) ; speed down normal!.
- at 8m3s at 3.8m baro height the bottom sensor does not measure any height!  speed down increases rapidly to 2.6 m/s
- crash

Flying high above your own postion you need to point the RC antennas to the drone...

Many many warnings and messages in your log , like " Remote controller signal weak. Adjust remote controller antennas"

Why the bottom sensor did measure so many times False heights ; no idea; foggy weather?  sensor wet ? dirty ?
Why the sensor lost height at the end of your flight?  no idea.

2st fllight
At the end no bottom sensor height measuring, so with 100% down stick if will go down 'fast' and is not stopped bc not in landing protection speed.

Question, did you see the message about an unsafe area to land during the landings ?

cheers
JJB
-

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2022-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jybanez17. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and now you are having this issue with your DJI Mini SE. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assess the said DJI Drone for damages. We will do our best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-28
Use props
jybanez17
lvl.1
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 8-28 02:12
Hi,

Thank you so much for such vital analysis, Sir, but how to fix my sensor if this is the case?

I tried flying back to auto transmission just this afternoon; I've passed to almost 500m in altitude and 1000m in the distance, and I have no problem.
Even the RTH had no problem coming back to me, but as soon as I pulled the left stick down for descending, it descended at a fast speed, but I mitigated this problem; as soon as my drone hit an altitude of 15m, I immediately change my mode from P-Mode to S-Mode, it stopped the current autolanding process, and slowly descend my drone little by little and grab it by hand, as soon as I hold the drone by hand, I pull the left stick down to 100% and then stops the propeller.
2022-8-28
Use props
jybanez17
lvl.1
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 8-28 02:12
Hi,

You said, Sir "so with 100% down stick if will go down 'fast' and is not stopped bc not in landing protection speed." where can I fix this, Sir? also the weather is excellent at that time, sunny.

Also about your question sir, no I did not see any landing warnings on the DJI Fly App.
2022-8-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

jybanez17 Posted at 8-28 03:44
You said, Sir "so with 100% down stick if will go down 'fast' and is not stopped bc not in landing protection speed." where can I fix this, Sir? also the weather is excellent at that time, sunny.

Also about your question sir, no I did not see any landing warnings on the DJI Fly App.

Hi,

Normally when your lower your craft to land, at 0.5 meter VPS height (nor baro height) the drone will stop the normal descent you did and craft will autoland softly the last part.
This only works ofcourse if the bottom sensor is measuring height....

If this is no the case than yoyr drone is faulty ! (sensor not wet, no foggy weather and clean etc)

DJI will advice to sent your drone for a repair.

Thanks for the answer about the unsafe landing spot, if you did not cancel the alndings who or waht did cancel it?  interesting file.

I always fly with a screen recorder active, so i can check the flight, see what i missed not watching the app but the drone  or something elsse  ;-)

cheers
JJB
2022-8-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jybanez17 please look into the legal height restrictions where you are flying.
In most places this 400ft / 122m above the ground directly beneath the drone and that seems to be the case in the Philippines. Though in some jurisdictions it may be within 400ft /122m of the closest ground.
Both flights were certainly above 400ft  and possibly into the airspace of manned aircraft.
2022-8-28
Use props
jybanez17
lvl.1
Philippines

JJB* Posted at 8-28 06:08
Hi,

Normally when your lower your craft to land, at 0.5 meter VPS height (nor baro height) the drone will stop the normal descent you did and craft will autoland softly the last part.

Thank you so much for the inputs, sir; I think it's my sensor; maybe the latest firmware update will fix this because I remembered yesterday that there is an update that I downloaded minutes before flying yesterday that led to that incident.
2022-8-28
Use props
jybanez17
lvl.1
Philippines

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-28 06:53
jybanez17 please look into the legal height restrictions where you are flying.
In most places this 400ft / 122m above the ground directly beneath the drone and that seems to be the case in the Philippines. Though in some jurisdictions it may be within 400ft /122m of the closest ground.
Both flights were certainly above 400ft  and possibly into the airspace of manned aircraft.

Thank you for your input, sir. But there are no flight restrictions in our area.
2022-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules