Virtual Flight app unable to connect. Alternatives?
5438 30 2022-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brainloop
lvl.2
Australia

Hi,

I picked up the Avata Pro-View Combo and, being new to FPV, was keen to spend some time in the Virtual Flight app. Similarly to other users here, I am unable to get past the "Connecting" stage. I've tested on both an iPhone and iPad Pro.

Whilst this is being investigated, I was wondering if there were any alternatives on MacOS or Windows with which I could use the Motion Controller and/or FPV Remote Controller 2 to practice?

Setup specs, should that help:

iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 15.6.1)
iPad Pro M1 (iPadOS 15.6.1)
DJI Virtual Flight (version 1.4.0)
MacBook Pro M1 Pro (MacOS 12.5.1)
Surface Laptop (Windows 10)
DJI Avata (FW up to date using Assistant 2)
Goggles 2 (FW up to date using Assistant 2)
Motion Controller (FW up to date using Assistant 2)

Cheers!

2022-8-28
Use props
fans3bf9e68e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 552224 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I picked the Avata headset and controller
And have had the same connecting issues
reinstalled firmware on drone headset and handset.
Tried with iPhone and 2 different iPads
Tried with different cables
Any advice would be most welcome
2022-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Brainloop. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to reinstall the DJI Virtual Flight application to see if the issue will still persist? If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads

2022-8-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-28 19:27
Hello there Brainloop. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to reinstall the DJI Virtual Flight application to see if the issue will still persist? If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

All firmware up to date (Avata, Goggles 2, Motion Controller).  
Everything has already been refreshed (via Assistant 2).  
DJI Virtual Flight Apps up to date, even uninstalled and reinstalled once, both on the Samsung S22 and on an iPhone!  
It works with the "old" Goggles V2, but not at all with the Goggles 2.
The app keeps getting stuck trying to connect...
2022-8-28
Use props
d-boone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34144 ft
Switzerland

Same problem here. DJI please provide a solution
2022-8-29
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apparently they 'know' about it. (as per their reply to me on Twitter) but no timeframe given.

Slightly embarrassing really.
2022-8-29
Use props
fansf7885823
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388586 ft
Switzerland

I've the same issue here.
I tried with an iPhone 12 and an iPad Mini 2022 with no success.
2022-8-29
Use props
eslora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104344 ft
United States

The new goggles are not supported at the moment.  It only works if you purchased the combo with the old FPV V2 goggles
2022-8-29
Use props
Scurt
lvl.1
Switzerland

eslora Posted at 8-29 12:59
The new goggles are not supported at the moment.  It only works if you purchased the combo with the old FPV V2 goggles

That is not what the FAQ on the avata’s product page says…
I quote : Yes, DJI Goggles 2 can be connected to the DJI Virtual Flight app.
It can be seen here : https://www.dji.com/ch/mobile/support/product/avata
2022-8-29
Use props
stacebaal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621257 ft
United States

Can confirm the iOS app does not work for me either with the DJI Goggles 2.  When going to the app store it reports 1.4.0 but after downloading, if you click Update Notice you get the release notes for 1.3.2.  On the "Select Control Method" screen there iare only options for Goggles V2 not Goggles 2.  
2022-8-29
Use props
fansdcab590a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22618 ft
United States

Mine is with Samsung S21, but my virtual Flight app has stuck (no response) at "click Mode for S", I know where the M button is...
2022-8-29
Use props
DanMiami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1344206 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wasted HOURS of my time to try to use something that doesn’t work - shame on you DJI
2022-8-29
Use props
Brainloop
lvl.2
Australia

I can confirm this update fixed the "connecting" issue on iOS with the Goggles 2
2022-8-29
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

My last 2 DJI products that I bought in the last 6 months (Mini 3 Pro, DJI MIC) had issues since day one out of the box. DJI has been releasing products without proper testing, I won’t fail on this anymore, let’s wait at least 6 months / 1 year before prime time.
2022-8-29
Use props
Scurt
lvl.1
Switzerland

It's working now with the latest version of the app.
2022-8-29
Use props
fansca3b94b6
lvl.1

United States

Scurt Posted at 8-29 21:34
It's working now with the latest version of the app.

Do you have a screenshot of what your Connect screen looks like? Are you using Goggles 2? Mine still isn't working after the update.
2022-8-30
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

I have an Android phone, and I can't get it to work either. There's a bug of some kind. DJI jumped right on the problem, so hopefully there will be more info soon. Calvin, by the way, is one of my two role models in life. The other one is Cartman...   ;-) TCS
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_rSAfn5QyzQgV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128717 ft
Germany

Unfortunately, it does not work for me even after the update. I tried it on two phones, both with current app. Does anyone else still have the problem like me?
edit: Sorry, my bad, I didn't refresh the page before my post and couldn't see the other two posts that reported the errors present.
2022-8-30
Use props
fans368333e9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I was hopeful when I saw the new app, did an update but nothing. Fully uninstalled the app, restarted phone and then downloaded app. was more hopeful when it took a lot longer to download and had to go through the full login again when first opened BUT still refusing to connect!!! I've tried all the permutations of power/app/connect cable to see if that helps but zilch, nada, nothing. I'm using iPhone 13 Pro max with latest IOS. I was hoping to try this before breaking seal on the Drone box but then thought not having the drone pre-linked to the motion controller and goggles was the issue so opened and updated but still no odds. Took a gamble and tried a simple take-off and land, that only showed one thing, I need practice on the sim first! C'mon DJI, how can you produce such brilliant kit and then get the basics like this SO wrong???
2022-8-30
Use props
d-boone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34144 ft
Switzerland

it works with the update. I think the trick is that in the goggle you need to set the virtual flight mode in the menu. after that, the connection works
2022-8-31
Use props
fansdcab590a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22618 ft
United States

d-boone Posted at 8-31 04:03
it works with the update. I think the trick is that in the goggle you need to set the virtual flight mode in the menu. after that, the connection works

yarp, that's what i did, and worked on my samsung s21.  Step1 is crankup the goggle, then go menu switch connection to virtual flight mode, then connect phone, then open the virtual flight app on the phone to connect.

BUT, my motion controller M button does not switch me to S(Sport) mode from N(Normal) mode , Just tried outside, Mode button works, but doesnt work w/ virtual flight app
2022-8-31
Use props
fans368333e9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansdcab590a Posted at 8-31 04:52
yarp, that's what i did, and worked on my samsung s21.  Step1 is crankup the goggle, then go menu switch connection to virtual flight mode, then connect phone, then open the virtual flight app on the phone to connect.

BUT, my motion controller M button does not switch me to S(Sport) mode from N(Normal) mode , Just tried outside, Mode button works, but doesnt work w/ virtual flight app

Yes that worked today, thought I had tried that yesterday too but obviously not. A simple extra line in the guide to point this out would be good. Anyway got some practice in and then did my first proper outside flight around the garden, great!
2022-8-31
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-28 19:27

Maybe I'm just having a "dense day", but I can't seem to click into the compatible device list for Androids. Could you provide a direct link to that?

If mine isn't on that list, then the 10 hours I wasted trying to get the app to work, are entirely on me. If it is on the list...then something else is going on.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Note

Thx,

TCS
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_Z2Wk3g2EguTZ
lvl.1
India

fansdcab590a Posted at 8-31 04:52
yarp, that's what i did, and worked on my samsung s21.  Step1 is crankup the goggle, then go menu switch connection to virtual flight mode, then connect phone, then open the virtual flight app on the phone to connect.

Same with me, Mode button doesn't work on the virtual flight app...
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_jAW8znWMUaG9
lvl.1
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 2022-8-28 22:43
All firmware up to date (Avata, Goggles 2, Motion Controller).  
Everything has already been refreshed (via Assistant 2).  
DJI Virtual Flight Apps up to date, even uninstalled and reinstalled once, both on the Samsung S22 and on an iPhone!  

OK So (18 Jan 23)
I got the DJI Virtual Flight App to work on my Android Galaxy S22.
This is the Latest Avata package with the Goggles 2 and Motion Controller.
The biggest hurdle I had until someone on this blog posted that you need to set the Goggles to Virtual Flight.  Somehow I never came accross that little instruction and spent hours trying to make it work.
Once you set up the Goggles 2 correctly - it all just works!  I couldnt get it to run on my Win11 PC but it doesnt matter as the Phone App seems to work just fine.
2023-1-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_jAW8znWMUaG9 Posted at 1-17 19:56
OK So (18 Jan 23)
I got the DJI Virtual Flight App to work on my Android Galaxy S22.

Congratulations!      
2023-1-17
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_jAW8znWMUaG9 Posted at 1-17 19:56
OK So (18 Jan 23)
I got the DJI Virtual Flight App to work on my Android Galaxy S22.

goggles are not supported on the windows program, only the mobile app

hope DJI updates the windows program so it DOES support using the goggles.

The app runs poorly on my (high end samsung) phone, so i prefer "playing" on my gaming PC, but then i can't connect the goggles ;(
2023-1-18
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

small latency as well on my Google Pixel6. But it works (with goggles, motion controller, remote2 and my own RC radio)
2023-1-18
Use props
Paultbg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone managed to use the app on pc (Win10) ? I cannot pass the stick / channels setup, like the controller (Avata & FPV controller)  is not detected.
I would expect that such a large software company like dji to deliver a way better product.

It's a very poor experience.
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_I9cp6akRjnl8
New
France

Paultbg Posted at 1-18 10:27
Has anyone managed to use the app on pc (Win10) ? I cannot pass the stick / channels setup, like the controller (Avata & FPV controller)  is not detected.
I would expect that such a large software company like dji to deliver a way better product.

Hi everyone!
April 2023, but I'm still having the same old issue with Virtual Flight connecting to Goggles 2 paired with Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.
Hours spent - no result. I tried all of my USB cables (10+ of them), numerous of variants and order of actions. I didn't forget to launch Virtual flight on Goggles, but tried many other combinations = no result. I found few messages that this issues still persist with S22 Ultra version instead of S22, but to me it looks weird.
HELP!
2023-4-10
Use props
djiuser_GcVo8qkCfcIG
New

Italy

I have exact the same problem. I wrote them three times today, and everytime I told them my problem with the app and so on, they didn't answer me back...
2023-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules