Trouble Pairing Remote Control V2
2757 10 2022-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac6551a5
lvl.1
United States

I seem to be between a rock and hard place here. I have a V2 Remote Control that had been previously paired with an old FPV that had crashed. A month or so ago, I received the replacement FPV but hadn't paired or flown it yet.

I've successfully flown the Avata with the motion controller but want to use the remote control. So far, I've been unsuccessful in pairing them. From what I've read, the motion controller requires a firmware update. The problem is that I don't seem to be able to get the remote controller recognized in the DJI Go app.

I've also tried pairing the replacement FPV with the remote, but it won't do that either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2022-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update the firmware of all the components and check if the issue persists? You may download the said software using the link below. I will also post a tutorial for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

2022-8-28
Use props
Christophedub49
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3205925 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,

I have same problem with my Avata.
I have first paired Avata + Goggles 2 + MC, it works fine, after i have update versions of systems with DJI Fly, all is OK

But i can't paired my RC2 with Avata, and i can't update my RC2 with DJI Assistant 2 (i have last version 2.1.11).

So please let me know if it's work for you.

Best regards
2022-8-30
Use props
Christophedub49
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Hello,
Yes, it's work now.
But the type of cable is very important with DJI Assistant 2 and RC2.
I have a PC with USB-C input.
When i use USB-C to USB-C (charge and synchro) with DJI Assistant 2 and RC2, it don't works.
But with USB-A to USB-C and adapter USB-A and USB-C, it works !

Hope it help you
BR
2022-8-30
Use props
zcoleman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't get my RC2 paired with my Avata either. I've updated the drone, goggles 2, and the motion controller firmware through DJI Fly, which all work fine. I've tried two different RC2s and cannot get them to pair. I've also tried to connect them to the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) without any luck through USB-C and USB-A adapter to USB-C.

Anything else to try here? If I can't get the RC2 to work, I will probably send everything back to DJI.
2022-8-30
Use props
zcoleman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alright, I finally figured this out using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) app. If you are using a Mac, you must find a USB-A to USB-C that is compatible. The USB-A will need to be put into a USB-C Adapter and plugged into your machine. I tried about 10 cables before I found one that worked.
2022-8-31
Use props
JakeWest
lvl.1
United States

It seems like very specific cables are needed to even get it connected to DJI assistant. Wild considering nothing was included with the controller I have had no luck with finding a usb a to c that works. I mean took a bit of digging to even find one that could get this thing to charge.

Really getting the full diy fpv experience with all this trouble shooting lol
2022-8-31
Use props
fansac6551a5
lvl.1
United States

Solved - fortunately I had an FPV, so I did the firmware update from that bird. After that I was able t pair it with the Avata
2022-8-31
Use props
DannyBoy777
New
United States

I recently bought a new DJI FPV RC V2 off of eBay for my new Avata. It would not pair with the drone through the DJI app on my iPhone or iPad. I tried numerous cord configurations and sequences of actions. I then installed the DJI Assistant 2 on my PC. I installed the “consumer version” not the FPV version. Read the PDFs for each of the download options. The consumer version supports the Avata. I then plugged in  the Avata and then the goggles, and both already had “current” firmware versions so I left them alone (I had previously updated them via the iPad so was hoping this was the case). I then plugged in the new DJI FPV V2 controller. It said I needed to activate the controller  and update the firmware. I did this then unplugged the controller. It immediately worked with the drone.

I think that I had already paired the controller thru the iPhone app, but I needed to activate the controller since it was new. Maybe the need to update it also held it back. I am not sure why I couldn't update the controller via the iPhone. Maybe because it wasn't formally activated?

I hope this helps someone. The previous posts helped me by getting me to download the app on my PC, which was crucial.
2022-9-1
Use props
LACRUISER
lvl.1
United States

Christophedub49 Posted at 8-30 01:38
Hello,
Yes, it's work now.
But the type of cable is very important with DJI Assistant 2 and RC2.

Damn! I've been at it since Monday, and now it works! THANK YOU!!!!
2022-9-1
Use props
Christophedub49
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Hello LACRUISER,
I'm very happy that help you !
Have very good flights !
Best regards
2022-9-2