Fast charging DJI Mini 2 batteries, QC and PD
2526 5 2022-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I tried this simple charger, and it manages 1.80A at 5V. It's much faster than using the Mini, and the battery stays cool.
Though I noticed that it's supposed to be QC 3.0 compatible.
But also I read that the Mini itself will take PD 25W and QC charge, so I set off to find a non-fraudulent one.

blob.jpg

I found this interesting hub, which has QC3.0 and a boring USB C.  I like the digital reading, to tell whether I'm being scammed.
It comes in a car version as well.

charge1.jpg

These $10-$15 dual port QC and PD modules tend to work one port at a time, for 18W

dual.jpg

This charger is also not expensive and has aggressive 45W PD, and a modest 18W QC on the bottom.
It's most likely to blow something up.

blackthing.jpg

Does anyone have experience with this?

I just found this cheap USB C current device, which is rated for 30V. The older types will likely blow up.
All these devices obstruct current and introduce problems, but they can be very useful for seeing battery degradation, since they accumulate mAh.

s-l1600.jpg

2022-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Zoooom. Good day and thank you for giving out these interesting information. In addition, After seeing the stress crack on your DJI Mini 2. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance and for us to be able to fully check the DJI drone. Thank you.
2022-8-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you seen -

2022-8-29
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

DAFlys Posted at 8-29 22:55
Have you seen -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YczIkE1dT5g

That looks good. About $130US. Always from China.
2022-8-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zoooom Posted at 8-30 03:57
That looks good. About $130US. Always from China.

Isn’t everything like this made in China these days.
2022-8-30
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I've obtained two chargers. One with QC and 2 ordinary USB ports, and the other with QC and PD.
The Mini 2's charge lights go more frantically on 12V input.
The 3 port charger stays within spec, at 1.44A, but the 2 port charger goes out of spec, and I can smell burning components in it. I think I'll just use it for my tablet.

The Kewesi/KOWSI meter works fine, but you will likely have to decide between USBA and USBC input.

2022-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules