Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU Calibration Procedure
1436 7 2022-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfbd2311f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

Is there any documentation about doing an IMU recalibration other than the one displayed on the DJI RC?  Because, I don't know if I am doing it correctly.  The on screen display shows the drone placed on a level surface and flipped on all sides except camera side, but when flipping to the two long sides, the drone does not sit level like it shows on the image on the remote.  When arms are folded as shown, it actually sits at an angle when placed on it's side.  Is that the correct orientation? I looked for the procedure in the manual but did not find.  Please let me know if I'm doing this correctly. Thanks.

2022-8-29
Use props
Mat8861
Second Officer
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

Yeah i did it couple times, i followed the rc on screen indications and all went fine. Same for RC. Good luck !!don't forget to keep drone with fresh air flow!!
2022-8-29
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

Mat8861 Posted at 8-29 02:23
Yeah i did it couple times, i followed the rc on screen indications and all went fine. Same for RC. Good luck !!don't forget to keep drone with fresh air flow!!

Did you just let it lay on it's sides the way it naturally does or did you try to hold it level on it's side??
2022-8-29
Use props
TrustRisotto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4518 ft
United States

I've got the same question -- do we let it lean over or is it supposed to sit square on its side on the surface?

Is there a detailed video on this?  I haven't been able to find one.
2022-10-15
Use props
Flormo2002
Captain
Flight distance : 11885007 ft
  • >>>
United States

TrustRisotto Posted at 10-15 16:50
I've got the same question -- do we let it lean over or is it supposed to sit square on its side on the surface?

Is there a detailed video on this?  I haven't been able to find one.

fold up the legs and let it lay on it's side by itself without touching it.
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_DnNo3DHxkPiB
New

United States

I am going to assume that the mini 3 has internal digital  accelerometers to resolve the measurments.
With that said, if you place is as shown on the long sides the angle for each side measurement will be the same and take into consideration
the slight offset angle it sits at, for each side, hence using these as the level setting for each side it should be able to calculate side to side 'level',
even tho the craft is sitting off level on each side.    It just math internally.

I've designed with solid state accelerometers so this is my take,    how about a DJI employee expert chimming in....

2023-8-12
Use props
djiuser_lfzLz9HzMWhm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190732 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst doing an IMU calibration after an accident with a Mini Pro 4 - i noticed it not being easy to sit upright as in picture instructions  on both long sides. It will just balance correctly but takes a few goes to get it even and upright - also notice that there is a slight difference between the folded position of the rear legs  - one side is a few mm further out from the main body / battery compartment which makes it slightly harder to balance in upright position - I wonder how important this is for IMU calibration - I'm not sure if this  is a result of the accident or not - or how critical it is for the drone to be upright at 90 deg for the IMU calibration - after a few attempts i can get the drone balanced right - and calibration says it is successful. Any help appreciated.
2023-10-11
Use props
Ranjan
Captain
India

This video shows the whole process
2023-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules