Camera not recognising power module
1344 8 2022-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Biggles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210299 ft
Spain

Recently my Action2 camera has stopped recognising the power module, neither charging from it nor seeing the SD card.

What seems significant is that the only time it does, is when the whole lot is plugged in and charging vis USB-C. During charging and for the first power-cycle after charging it is recognised, but a few seconds later it “loses” connection and appears as though it is just the camera module, even though still attached to the power module.

This happens at all power states of the power module and camera, from 0-100% either way around. I.e. charge levels do not make a difference.

Any suggestions? I’m doing a bucket-list bike ride in 10 days and would like it resolved before then.
2022-8-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Step one, clean the contacts.  Maybe you already did.
2022-8-29
Use props
Captain Biggles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210299 ft
Spain

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-29 06:35
Step one, clean the contacts.  Maybe you already did.

Yes, (sadly) I’ve already done that using a fibreglass pencil and IPA wipes to no avail. There was corrosion in there, particularly the case (different metals perhaps) but this has now all been cleaned up and the problem remains.

Would the contacts used be different when charging with the cable vs Power Module charging the Camera? I doubt that, which suggests it’s not a contact issue
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Captain Biggles. I am sorry to read and to know about this issue with your DJI Action 2. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-31
Use props
Unit31
lvl.1

Canada

I am having the exact same issue, will not recognize power module when attached unless I plug power to the power module, then it will continue to be connected, even if I unplug it from power source until I remove and re-attach unit. then it will not recognize it until plugged in again. It was working before I updated the firmware. I am 2 days in on owning this camera.
2022-9-1
Use props
Unit31
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 21:34
Hello there Captain Biggles. I am sorry to read and to know about this issue with your DJI Action 2. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

I am having the exact same issue, will not recognize power module when attached unless I plug power to the power module, then it will continue to be connected, even if I unplug it from power source until I remove and re-attach unit. then it will not recognize it until plugged in again. It was working before I updated the firmware. I am 2 days in on owning this camera.
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_Vk1tjvCldkHk
lvl.1
Thailand

Are you using the DJI magnetic case? If yes, do you have same issue with case removed?
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_CKsA8OvEiuSH
New

Tunisia

Hi, 2 years later I'm having the same issue with my camera. Did you find a solution??? I'm on holiday and I cannot use my camera anymore, because of this issue.

Thanks,

Marta
4-23 12:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_CKsA8OvEiuSH Posted at 4-23 12:47
Hi, 2 years later I'm having the same issue with my camera. Did you find a solution??? I'm on holiday and I cannot use my camera anymore, because of this issue.

Thanks,

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Are you currently using the DJI Action 2? Kindly upload a short video showing the behavior of your unit so we can check the issue further. You may upload the video via Google Drive and send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.
4-25 21:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules