map use
705 22 2022-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 277037 ft
United States

The map on my air 2s has never shown the map in sattilite mode sometimes just a graph grid had problems with it yesterday at start up found RTH point but had trouble with map finally came up but just a grid form. Useing 1pad mini 6 256gb/wifi/cellular. Cellular is not in use as I don't want to use it as a cell phone. Any good ideas?

2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a screenshot showing the issue for us to check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-30
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-30 00:57
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a screenshot showing the issue for us to check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

How do I go about doing that? No cell phone, just e-mail and computer!
2022-8-30
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

wbd@7547 Posted at 8-30 10:38

use ipad w/controller
2022-8-30
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

wbd@7547 Posted at 8-30 10:39
use ipad w/controller

please take a screenshot with ipad and post here
2022-8-30
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

fateofangel Posted at 8-30 12:51
please take a screenshot with ipad and post here

Got it figured out Thanks for the help
2022-8-30
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Your ipad will need some kind of internet connection to have map data. If you're not using cellular on your ipad, you'll need to tether to your phone or connect to some other kind of wifi internet.
2022-8-31
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

sduck Posted at 8-31 07:16
Your ipad will need some kind of internet connection to have map data. If you're not using cellular on your ipad, you'll need to tether to your phone or connect to some other kind of wifi internet.

I have wifi at my house and found out what I need to know from another source but don't get me wrong I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks Again
2022-8-31
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

wbd@7547 Posted at 8-31 15:25
I have wifi at my house and found out what I need to know from another source but don't get me wrong I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks Again

Can you post the solution here to help those that might have this issue in the future?
2022-8-31
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 8-31 17:13
Can you post the solution here to help those that might have this issue in the future?

Thanks for the heads up, need to get time behind the sticks, hard to teach a old dog new tricks.
2022-9-1
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Can't help with your problem but must say I like your photo of the tree!
2022-9-1
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 9-1 08:24
Can't help with your problem but must say I like your photo of the tree!

Thanks, it's in my front yard
2022-9-1
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

Post what solved you issue so others can learn if they have the same encounter.
2022-9-1
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

SpectreOne Posted at 9-1 09:22
Post what solved you issue so others can learn if they have the same encounter.

As far as I understand, he was flying without an internet connection for the iPad. The solution is to provide an hotspot with the phone or to cache the maps of the location before flying.
2022-9-1
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

FabioV Posted at 9-1 10:04
As far as I understand, he was flying without an internet connection for the iPad. The solution is to provide an hotspot with the phone or to cache the maps of the location before flying.

yah what ever he said
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

wbd@7547 Posted at 8-30 10:38

Thank you for your response. It seems that you have already managed to isolate the said issue. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-9-1
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

wbd@7547 Posted at 9-1 08:29
Thanks, it's in my front yard

Sure looks nice, and good photo.
2022-9-2
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 9-2 18:24
Sure looks nice, and good photo.

The guys came and pruned it yesterday, hope it looks that good next year. I need to take a better one as that was my first flight photo.
2022-9-2
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

wbd@7547 Posted at 9-2 19:16
The guys came and pruned it yesterday, hope it looks that good next year. I need to take a better one as that was my first flight photo.

Looks good, what kind is it?  I have flowers but no trees taken by drone.  Enjoy.
2022-9-3
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 9-3 12:50
Looks good, what kind is it?  I have flowers but no trees taken by drone.  Enjoy.

Dogwood, about 10 yrs old
2022-9-3
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

wbd@7547 Posted at 9-3 13:03
Dogwood, about 10 yrs old

Nice tree.  Thanks.
     Had an incident with Smart Controller yesterday flying Mini2 in 90 degrees heat.  Heard buzzing noise, and think it must be the controller FAN, then Mini2 was hovering about 4 feet off ground, it would move all directions but not backward, or down to land, I maneuvered it over the grass to have a soft place for it to fall. then turned off the controller, it did not fall, it went into "Weak signal RTH," and moved 3 or 4 feet to the right and landed nicely, the motors stopped after a few moments.  Surprised me, lot better than falling.  I checked the motors and they were hot, SC was not hot but very warm.
2022-9-3
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 9-3 13:41
Nice tree.  Thanks.
     Had an incident with Smart Controller yesterday flying Mini2 in 90 degrees heat.  Heard buzzing noise, and think it must be the controller FAN, then Mini2 was hovering about 4 feet off ground, it would move all directions but not backward, or down to land, I maneuvered it over the grass to have a soft place for it to fall. then turned off the controller, it did not fall, it went into "Weak signal RTH," and moved 3 or 4 feet to the right and landed nicely, the motors stopped after a few moments.  Surprised me, lot better than falling.  I checked the motors and they were hot, SC was not hot but very warm.

Where are you located? I'm in longview Wa right on the mighty columbia river 40 miles north of Portland Or. The river is about 2 miles from my house I've flown my are 2s over the river and along the water front but still pretty new at it weather is cooling down here so plan to get more hrs in when I can. I'm my wife's caregiver so can't be gone to long or go to far from home.
2022-9-3
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

wbd@7547 Posted at 9-3 14:08
Where are you located? I'm in longview Wa right on the mighty columbia river 40 miles north of Portland Or. The river is about 2 miles from my house I've flown my are 2s over the river and along the water front but still pretty new at it weather is cooling down here so plan to get more hrs in when I can. I'm my wife's caregiver so can't be gone to long or go to far from home.

Little ways east of Los Angeles, 106 today, not far from San Bernardino.  I'm middle aged, and retired.
I keep busy with doctor appointments and different projects.  My time with the drone is limited by what is going on the day I feel like flying.  Still looking for a truly wide open place without people, where the weather is nice, so I can really put the drones through their paces, and I can learn more about what does what.  Like doing pictures and videos of Sunsets/ Sunrises, flowers, animals, trees etc.
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules