Focus Motor blinking green but unresponsive
1939 8 2022-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kodyl
lvl.1

United States

I'm setting up my focus motor for the RS2 and at first, it moved a little bit when turning the wheel on the front of the gimbal, but now the motor won't move at all.

I've tried a few different cables but still, nothing changes.

When I try to calibrate the motor I get an error message: "Focus Motor calibration failed"

Has anyone else experienced this?
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if you selected Focus Motor in Dial Functions? Could you please provide us with a video for further confirmation?
2022-8-30
Use props
kodyl
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-30 03:44
Hi there, may I ask if you selected Focus Motor in Dial Functions? Could you please provide us with a video for further confirmation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yQJ_9T7na4&list=PL65kukZorPdMczVNuGFN_mpfg1hucD7aM&index=16

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Focus Motor is selected within Dial Functions, and I have tried selecting other options then reselecting Focus Motor but that has not helped. I have also tried other cords.

Here is some media that may be helpful. I tried to upload a video but it seems the site only accepts pictures.
IMG_8746 (1).jpg
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kodyl Posted at 8-30 10:55
Hello, thank you for your reply.

Focus Motor is selected within Dial Functions, and I have tried selecting other options then reselecting Focus Motor but that has not helped. I have also tried other cords.

Please try to connect the cable to the third port to see if the front dial can control it. If not, please provide us with a video to check. You can upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the download link here.
2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_bm8pGitJjDvy
New
Flight distance : 209898 ft
Indonesia

Hi, I faced with the same issue 2 days ago. I even tried to downgrade the gimbal firmware but it didn’t work , focus motor is silent and green light is bleeping.

Did you solve the problem ?
2022-9-11
Use props
kodyl
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_bm8pGitJjDvy Posted at 9-11 04:19
Hi, I faced with the same issue 2 days ago. I even tried to downgrade the gimbal firmware but it didn’t work , focus motor is silent and green light is bleeping.

Did you solve the problem ?

Unfortunately not. I got distracted with other things and only just now remembered about this. I'm going to send a video to support as the person mentioned above and see if they'll replace it.
2022-10-9
Use props
kodyl
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-5 02:11
Please try to connect the cable to the third port to see if the front dial can control it. If not, please provide us with a video to check. You can upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the download link here.

Apologies for the delay, I forgot about this issue while working on other projects.

Here is a link to a folder containing two videos of the focus motor issue: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iIc6QFarZb9hbF2oNeF75ZAEsEPPs2x9?usp=sharing

Given that it was like this right out of the box and I have tried all of the suggested troubleshooting, I would like to request a replacement. Thank you.
2022-10-9
Use props
APC-R User
lvl.2

United States

Still having problem with the focus wheel r not communicating with the new 2022 focus motor.
2022-10-10
Use props
BrunoAcosta
New

France

Someone still have this problem!!!?? Please help!
2-22 14:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules