1803 7 2022-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nSleek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218071 ft
United Kingdom

Hello...

I was hoping today would be a nice flying day, but it turned out to be a nightmare. I owned all mini models before, mini 1 and mini 2 and was hoping the Mini 3 is going to a big upgrade....

But after unpackaging, first issue hit was activation. It keeps giving me error code 4091 activation errors, I somehow managed to activate it at 3am GMT (spent 3 hours)...

The drama does not end there ... I did all the pre-flight checks, calibrations, firmware upgrades for batteries, drones and controllers. I found more issues.

First, the DJI mini 3 refuse to take off with the software launch. It does not respond to stick motor start either...

Later I found out that whenever there is a software launch, it also trigger signal loss error on the DJI RC:

I also notice sometime on start, the gimbal also creates non-stoping nosises. Sometime it just play 2 seoncds, sometime it never stops...

And...the camera feed also not showing - black screen for whatever reason

This is a brand new DJI Mini 3 Pro and cost £800+... never managed to take off or hovering in the air for 1 second....
Past experiences were good for me but not this time..

Any clue or ideas what was going on here?
I have tried: Refresh with DJI Assistant 2, hard reset a few times, rebind controller with the drone, calibatrion of everything... checked milllion times I have the lastest updates from 17th Aug.
(I have also submitted to be serviced under warranty, but I still try to find a possbile resolution...)

Thank you.

2022-8-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

how come some of your videos show no gps?
2022-8-29
Use props
nSleek
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 8-29 17:26
how come some of your videos show no gps?

Good question, because my home can’t get gps signal usually inside the room. I believe it doesn’t prevent to to launch (at least that’s the behaviour of Mini 1 and 2)

When I’m outside gps is working fine.
2022-8-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

nSleek Posted at 8-29 17:32
Good question, because my home can’t get gps signal usually inside the room. I believe it doesn’t prevent to to launch (at least that’s the behaviour of Mini 1 and 2)

When I’m outside gps is working fine.

You may have to return it with that gimbal shake
2022-8-29
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

That really sucks.

I think support should be informed, perhaps?
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. We're glad that you already now contacted our support team to set up a ticket case. Kindly please keep in touch with them as they will provide you with further information. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-30
Use props
nSleek
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you for all the readers and helpers. Support has arranged pre-paid return and it is sending back...
2022-8-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

nSleek Posted at 8-30 01:23
Thank you for all the readers and helpers. Support has arranged pre-paid return and it is sending back...

I'm sure you will receive a working replacement Mini 3.  I had to return my first Mini 3  and the replacement has worked without issue.  
2022-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules