AVATA Combo with FPV controller?
2132 10 2022-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ddawg
lvl.1

United States

I am relatively new to FPV and I'm trying to decided which way to go.  95% of the AVATA reviewers use the FPV controller for the AVATA and most agree the motion controller will be fun, but not real practical.  The AVATA combos only come with the motion controller?  Will there be an AVATA combo that comes with just the FPV controller and not the motion controller?  After you add the cost of the combo, fly more kit, then another controller, this starts to move into more money than I want to spend to try this out.  I woulda bought one already if they had a combo with the FPV controller and an option to by a motion controller later if desired.

Thanks
David
2022-8-30
Use props
djiuser_sSt8FQYk5l9Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19065 ft
United States

A lot of people feel the same way.  At some point the overall cost does not equate to the best value.  

1,388 + 200 for controller = 1,588

999 with V2 goggles + 629 (avata) = 1,628
Controller not needed because it comes with the FPV

2 drones for 50 bucks more.  Only drawback is it’s not the goggles 2.  I’m still trying to decide if I want to settle for v2 goggles over the goggles 2.   
2022-8-30
Use props
Ddawg
lvl.1

United States

Agreed. Plus the 1,388 combo only has one battery.   I am also considering some used deals with the V2 googles to try out until this all gets sorted out before making a final decision. We still don't have much info on air units for the new goggles 2 either.
2022-8-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

most of the early avata reviews are from folks who have the fpv so this is the reason why they are using the fpv controller 2. after the avata sales pick up, most of the reviews will necessarily be from the motion controller.  i have used both and i believe the rc2 is a better overall fit for the novice than the mc.  eventually the rc2 will be widely available and you can get it for under $200.
2022-8-30
Use props
bp328i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124590 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 8-30 07:23
most of the early avata reviews are from folks who have the fpv so this is the reason why they are using the fpv controller 2. after the avata sales pick up, most of the reviews will necessarily be from the motion controller.  i have used both and i believe the rc2 is a better overall fit for the novice than the mc.  eventually the rc2 will be widely available and you can get it for under $200.

All the early reviewers (out same day of release or day after) that were sent the Avata from DJI were also sent the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.

Some might have had the DJI FPV but DJI did send a DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 with the Avata to all reviewers that received the Avata for free.

The DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 was included with the review material and that's why they are using the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.
2022-8-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bp328i Posted at 8-30 07:54
All the early reviewers (out same day of release or day after) that were sent the Avata from DJI were also sent the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.

Some might have had the DJI FPV but DJI did send a DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 with the Avata to all reviewers that received the Avata for free.

ok that makes sense.  obviously most of the big reviewers this isn't their first fpv drone but if dji also sent rc2 it means they wanted a better review than you could achieve with the mc.
2022-8-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_sSt8FQYk5l9Z Posted at 8-30 06:27
A lot of people feel the same way.  At some point the overall cost does not equate to the best value.  

1,388 + 200 for controller = 1,588

The advantage of the Goggles V2, for me anyway, is I can wear my glasses with the V2 goggles, where I have to remove them using the Goggles 2.

Range appears to be much the same. I kind of prefer the V2 goggles as they have a bigger screen(s)
2022-8-30
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Feel your pain!  All said and done everything cost me about a little over $2K (USD).  Here's what I bought...

- DJI Avata Pro View Combo:  $1,388.00 (USD) | which includes these items (not everything listed)
           - DJI Goggles 2
           - Avata Drone
          -  DJI Motion Controller
          - 1 Avata Battery
          - 1 DJI Goggles 2 battery

- DJI Avata ND Filters Set:      $79.00
- DJI Care Refresh - 1yr Plan:  $79.00
- DJI Avata Fly more Kit (charger w/ 2 more batteries):  $279.00
====================================================
                                     TOTAL:  $1,945.89 + $199 (Remote Controller 2 - SOLD SEPERATELY)  = $2,144.89

Frustrating because I already own the DJI FPV Goggles (V1)...which just are NOT compatible with the Avata drone.  

Also, own the DJI FPV Remote Controller (big black one for original air units)... NOT compatible with the Avata either.

I'm really hoping that the new "DJI Goggles 2" are going to be 'future proofed" for a bit and will work with whatever DJI puts out next.  Crossing my fingers....still very expensive investment!  

2022-8-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RGMG, since your post is focusing on the $$$, i hope you are buying from somewhere that doesn't charge sales tax which could save you close to $200.  hopefully you are getting some sort of traditional discount (or clickthru) to help with the savings as well; at 1% if you bought from dji.  why are you getting the 1 year care refresh plan?  if you spend that much, wouldn't it make sense to buy the 2 year for a slight discount over buying one year at a time?

i plan to buy the same as you (except not rc2) but i saw the dji fpv prices come way down so i'm going to wait and hope the avata package comes down to $1099 next year.
2022-8-30
Use props
Ddawg
lvl.1

United States

Looks like DJI AVATA is a bust, at least for now.  I’m rapidly outgrowing my Tinyhawk stuff and ready to upgrade.  
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already now have your new DJI Avata. With regard to your recommendation, I will forward this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for always choosing DJI! Have a nice day ahead.
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules