Remap RH thumbwheel to gimbal tilt
634 3 2022-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JPybuT6vArbZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147123 ft
Canada

When changing altitude, it's usually necessary to control the horizon with gimbal tilt.
Unfortunately on the Mini 3, this operation requires precision operation of both the LH joystick and the LH thumbwheel - both done with the same hand.  This is unnecessarily difficult.  It's a cognitively and physically conflicting operation.
Re-mapping the RH thumbwheel on the RC unit to control gimbal tilt could be done with a firmware update and would GREATLY ease this somewhat difficult, but extremely common operation. I understand this is functionality is available on other DJI remote controllers.  Please, DJI, make it happen.

2022-8-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2022-8-30
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

From my point of view it is just a matter of training.
You will have the same issue on RH if you want to chase something and need to tilt the gimbal.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules