Security feature or failure by design ?
860 10 2022-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Please don't get wrong, but i like the capabillities of the Avata and i am currently on the fence to buy one.
Meanwhile i have seen several videos, like the following, where the battery dropped off the drone on a crash.
This frightened me a little due to the cost of this little beast, if the "Find My Drone" function is not usable
if i crash it somewhere on a field and the battery dropped off and i cannot activate the beeping.

Is it really that loose in the drone and a security feature and can it fell off in the air at hard maneuvers or is it just a failure by design ?

2022-8-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would just use of the vifly finder:

https://www.amazon.com/VIFLY-Bat ... lone/dp/B07JB65HZC/
or vifly beacon (see below)
2022-8-30
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

The Saint Posted at 8-30 11:04
i would just use of the vifly finder:

https://www.amazon.com/VIFLY-Battery-Ejected-Compatible-Standalone/dp/B07JB65HZC/

And how do you connect it to the Avata ?
2022-8-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 8-30 11:13
And how do you connect it to the Avata ?

sorry i should have said vifly beacon:

https://www.amazon.com/VIFLY-Wir ... anes/dp/B07VJMTFVH/

zip tie, turn it on.  buzzer will sound upon impact or no motion.

2022-8-30
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

I'm surprised that it's not fixed as well. I had two small crashes with DJI FPV and in both cases battery dropped off from drone. First time I was searching battery by thermovision camera and whole family, 2nd time I spent two hours in corn field 2m high. Thinking about small GPS tracker to glue it to drone body.
2022-8-30
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Iczeman Posted at 8-30 11:47
I'm surprised that it's not fixed as well. I had two small crashes with DJI FPV and in both cases battery dropped off from drone. First time I was searching battery by thermovision camera and whole family, 2nd time I spent two hours in corn field 2m high. Thinking about small GPS tracker to glue it to drone body.

Interesting.
I have never seen any information nor any video where someone was mentioning about it with the DJI FPV.
2022-8-30
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

The Saint Posted at 8-30 11:21
sorry i should have said vifly beacon:

https://www.amazon.com/VIFLY-Wireless-Self-Powered-Battery-Airplanes/dp/B07VJMTFVH/

Thanks, but honestly for a 1.5 k€ AIO drone i would have expected more instead of extending it with DIY FPV drone equipment.
2022-8-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iczeman Posted at 8-30 11:47

for sure you would have heard the beeping for the vifly.  i had a drone crash and although my drone was not lost, i could hear it from afar....long before i got anywhere near the wreckage.  the vifly is good for when gps coordinates simply won't cut it (high in a tree, buried in thick brush).
2022-8-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 8-30 12:46
Thanks, but honestly for a 1.5 k€ AIO drone i would have expected more instead of extending it with DIY FPV drone equipment.

for me, this is a cheap solution (as i mentioned above) where you somehow can't seem to find the drone especially when you know for sure where it went down (according to the coordinates) but it's just not there.  sometimes a drone can be buried so deep you can't find it even though it is under your nose.  the loud audible cannot be missed.  when all the best systems fail (like your battery popping off), this will work great and i put one on all of my drones.  dji care refresh mostly means you need to return a drone so i find it very important to be able recover the wreckage instead of spending two days with a small team and a machete...under stress from a crash and losing daylight.  ymmv
2022-8-30
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Shouldn't it be pretty easy to use a velcro strap to secure the battery?
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MySky. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI Department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules