Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Astrophotography Panorama Features Request
1547 5 2022-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67605 ft
United States

I've seen some complaints on ghe board about the panorama feature of thr Ronin SC. While some users have not been fully considerate in their comments, please don't blame them. It's frustrating to have access to a good hardware platform, only to be limited by the software available to operate it.

From what I've read, some folks have similar needs to me. I need more panarama features for astrophotography with a star tracker. The software is nearly there, and i don't think that it would be a heavy lift to make some changes.

Please consider the following features for ghe Ronin SC Panorama:

1. Keep the following current panorama settings
    a. Sensor type
    b. Focal length
    c. Overlap %
2. Add Scan parameters
   a. Starting point
   b. Direction
   c. Line reset style
        1. Snake (move directly up/down and start row)      
        2. Typewriter (return to other end and start row)
   d. Pause with alarm (to permit star tracker adjustment)
        1. End of each row
        2. After x exposures
3. Add Intervalometer
    a. Interval
         1. Time between exposure starts (< 30 sec)
         2. Duration of exposure (> 30 sec - set to Bulb)
    b. Number of exposures in set
    c. Gimbal lock
         1. None
         2. Prior to each exposure
         3. Prior to each set of exposures
4. Add Save/restore multiple settings with custom names

Check out this YouTube video to see how to do Astro Panos without the Ronin SC:  https://youtu.be/D0hOnZKTjdU
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for forwarding my request. I'd like to add one more modification to the list:

- Never let the mount spin 360 degrees as the camera returns to start another row. This behavior precludes the use of other cables attached to the camera for external power for the body or for a dew heater strip.
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo Posted at 8-31 02:57
Thanks for forwarding my request. I'd like to add one more modification to the list:

- Never let the mount spin 360 degrees as the camera returns to start another row. This behavior precludes the use of other cables attached to the camera for external power for the body or for a dew heater strip.
I'd like to add more modifications to the list:

- Please widen the panorama horizontal field to +- 270°, and the vertical field to +- 180°. Right now, you can't setup a 180° sweep that's  centered 180° away from the normal center position with the Ronin SC  mounted at an angle.. An alternative to this would would be the ability to adjust the normal center position. This request comes from the fact that the camera/Ronin SC is mounted to a tracker and does not have complete freesom of movement.
16621810743756037418379133758228.jpg
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 00:26
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Again, thanks for considering my request. While i believe the full set of features would make any Ronin into an incredible astrophotography panorama tool, there is one change that woud likely be an incredibly light lift. Remove the 30 sec limit on the panorama interval. Right now, it works fine without a camera control cable, and an accessory intervalometer can manually control the shutter. Ideally, I'd like to have 30 minutes for interval with the gimbal locked the entire time.
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo Posted at 9-3 11:07
Again, thanks for considering my request. While i believe the full set of features would make any Ronin into an incredible astrophotography panorama tool, there is one change that woud likely be an incredibly light lift. Remove the 30 sec limit on the panorama interval. Right now, it works fine without a camera control cable, and an accessory intervalometer can manually control the shutter. Ideally, I'd like to have 30 minutes for interval with the gimbal locked the entire time.

We will surely take note of this. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules