DJI Avata issue: botched firmware update affecting functionality?
494 6 2022-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2W3E4ehLJTRu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270719 ft
United States

I'm at a loss for how to fix this. Before my first flight, I was updating everything. When it came time for the Goggles to update its own firemware, it was stuck at 0% past an hour. I get cancel, rebooted everything, but found there to be no update prompt offered afterward. I thought it strange, but didn't realize how messed up things had become because of this.

The problems I've noticed so far:
1) The head tracking won't take effect. The button activates yellow, but no matter the flight mode, nothing happens when moving the headset.
2) The headset fails to connect to DJI Assistant 2 (or its FPV counterpart).

Troubleshooting tried so far:
- I've done "Reset All", though as I understand it, it doesn't seem like a true factory reset, as the pairings were still in place after.
- Recalibrated the headset.
- Tested both the motion & regular controller (though I think it's only meant to do head tracking on the former)
- Tried connecting to computer with and without the adapter, & multiple cables (note: the controller connected to the computer fine)

Reinstalling the firmware (it says it has 1.01) would be preferable, but from what I've seen online, it's not even the latest firmware, yet there's no option anymore to update. How do I address this??
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Kindly use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to update the firmware version for DJI Avata. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata
2022-8-30
Use props
SoulLee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270719 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-30 23:35
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Kindly use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to update the firmware version for DJI Avata. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata

Awesome, thank you so much, that did the trick. I hadn't realized the FPV version wouldn't service the goggles. The Consumer Drone Series version picked it up immediately, and reinstalling the firmware fixed the head tracking functionality. Thank you again.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SoulLee Posted at 8-31 06:51
Awesome, thank you so much, that did the trick. I hadn't realized the FPV version wouldn't service the goggles. The Consumer Drone Series version picked it up immediately, and reinstalling the firmware fixed the head tracking functionality. Thank you again.

It's glad to hear this from you. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_5hmEYfdyiKgG
lvl.1

Australia

Hi my goggles 2 are having issues with foging and turn off randomly also note that the fans will stop and then shuts down like it maybe overheating
2022-9-2
Use props
Wilson 000
lvl.2

Hong Kong

djiuser_5hmEYfdyiKgG Posted at 9-2 14:19
Hi my goggles 2 are having issues with foging and turn off randomly also note that the fans will stop and then shuts down like it maybe overheating

Hey, Bro. Whether the lens fogs up or not depends on the user's operation and operating environment. If the user sweats, the lens may fog up. If the operating temperature is low, such as in winter outdoors, the lens may also fog up. This issue can be diminished by using a third-party anti-fog spray.
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_5hmEYfdyiKgG Posted at 9-2 14:19

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We noticed that you have already contacted our team and asked for a refund. We totally understand your feelings and respect your choice. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
2022-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules