Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV Remote V2 won't bind Avata
4687 20 2022-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alextort44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 698143 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,
I can't bind the Avata with the FPV Remote V2. When I put both of them in bindind mode they never see each other.
Avata is on the lastest firmware and DJI Fpv Remote V2 was never used, it just got out of the box.
Any idea?
Thanks
2022-8-30
Use props
JakeWest
lvl.1
United States

I am in the same boat… considering I’ve only used Mavics from DJI and this is my first fpv that I went out of my way to spend even more for the fpv controller to unlock manual mode like my analogue quads… I do currently feel some type of way.

That and I spent like an hour trying to charge both controllers only to realize everything was too powerful and I needed a hunt down a usb a to c lol. Hopefully a solution arises. I just want to try the virtual mode with the fpv controller.  
2022-8-30
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update the FPV remote. I was offered the update to control the Avata yesterday when I flew my DJI FPV.

• Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0200
2022-8-30
Use props
JakeWest
lvl.1
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-30 14:44
Update the FPV remote. I was offered the update to control the Avata yesterday when I flew my DJI FPV.

I assume reviewers may have had the controller binded previously from the FPV to update but is there a way to just update the controller? I’ve been trying to connect it to DJI Assistant FPV. I get blinking lights when the controller is connected but nothing else. On Mac and whatever driver said it was incompatible with the current systems software. On Windows it’s just blinking and nothing.
2022-8-30
Use props
delsol95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7707018 ft
  • >>>
United States

JakeWest Posted at 8-30 16:12
I assume reviewers may have had the controller binded previously from the FPV to update but is there a way to just update the controller? I’ve been trying to connect it to DJI Assistant FPV. I get blinking lights when the controller is connected but nothing else. On Mac and whatever driver said it was incompatible with the current systems software. On Windows it’s just blinking and nothing.

I successfully updated it using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) application.
2022-8-30
Use props
alextort44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 698143 ft
  • >>>
France

delsol95 Posted at 8-30 17:03
I successfully updated it using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) application.

This worked perfectly with DJI Assistant 2 Customer Drone. Thanks a lot!
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the said issue with the help of our fellow DJI Pilots. Please note that for you to connect to both units, you need to make sure to have the most latest firmware on both to avoid issues. You may download the DJI Assitant 2 version below for the FPV Drone and DJI Avata. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-8-31
Use props
LACRUISER
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issues. I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2, but when I plug the remote in and turn it on, nothing happens.
2022-9-1
Use props
Zab Devin 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1730853 ft
United States

Same problem. Remote won't update using DJI Assistant 2 (consumer ...).

UPDATE: Problem corrected. I replaced the usb cable and was able to connect to DJI Assistant 2 (consumer) and update the remote to the most recent firmware. Now I can connect the remote to the Avata.
2022-9-1
Use props
JakeWest
lvl.1
United States

delsol95 Posted at 8-30 17:03

Got it done (on consumer) but I think I had a cable problem. Interesting choice to not include one in the box especially since it isn’t plug and play… now I just need to get the virtual sim past “connecting”. Crazy I got the thing a few days ago and still haven’t gotten very far with it lol
2022-9-1
Use props
Zab Devin 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1730853 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 00:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the said issue with the help of our fellow DJI Pilots. Please note that for you to connect to both units, you need to make sure to have the most latest firmware on both to avoid issues. You may download the DJI Assitant 2 version below for the FPV Drone and DJI Avata. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Disregard the messages I sent you. Problem corrected with new cable.
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Zab Devin 2 Posted at 9-3 05:46
Disregard the messages I sent you. Problem corrected with new cable.

Great! We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-8
Use props
Mastoid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am having trouble binding V2 goggles and my Avata (noRC).

Goggles on latest FW as of 15/9/22. version 01.03.00.00
Avata on latest FW as of 15/9/22 version 01.01.0200
both updated via DJI Assistant 2 (consumer drone series)

Instructions say bind goggles to drone first, then bind Remote Controller 2 to drone, then Activate via DJI Fly App.

In binding mode, the goggles just beep forever and the Avata light blinks sequentially but there is no picture in the goggles and they dont bind.

What should my next steps be please??

for example: should I follow this video?  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fNBTxTADdBs

or just follow steps in the DJI Fly App’s Connection Guide?

many thanks

2022-9-15
Use props
fans334339bd
lvl.2

United States

Same problem here. Problem for me was DFI Fly App was not updated
2022-9-15
Use props
Mastoid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ah right!! I’ll give that a try. Also I didn’t have a very good solution for connecting to my iphone. I had a charger cable, an OTG adapter, and a usb mini to usb C adapter all plugged together.
I’ve ordered a new iphone lightning to usb C cable that will be here tmrw. Thanks for the reply
2022-9-15
Use props
Mastoid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Finally got it going. Many updates later.
2022-9-16
Use props
OrMG
lvl.1

Israel

Tryin to update controller, the update get's stuck always on a certain percentage while transmitting, did someone encounter the  issue? have a solution?
2022-11-14
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

OrMG Posted at 11-14 02:07
Tryin to update controller, the update get's stuck always on a certain percentage while transmitting, did someone encounter the  issue? have a solution?

use type-c to type-c cable using pc
2022-11-14
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

MAF178 Posted at 11-14 03:57
use type-c to type-c cable using pc

Interesting.  For me, it's the other way round.
Using USB-C to USB-C with my PC did not work for me, DJI Assistant could not see the controller.

I have to use USB-A to USB-C cable for it to connect.
I am using DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series).
My Remote Controller was manufactured in October, and it still came with the old firmware.
2022-11-18
Use props
AlexeyM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

nosnoop Posted at 11-18 22:49
Interesting.  For me, it's the other way round.
Using USB-C to USB-C with my PC did not work for me, DJI Assistant could not see the controller.

Similar for me too. USB-C to USB-C to a Macbook didn't work, USB-A to USB-C on an iMac did, with the DJI Assistant.
The update showed up once in the DJI Fly app but never again. Took ages of unplugging and replugging and relinking everything until I came across this thread.
2022-12-23
Use props
djiuser_MWZ6uP7xC5zO
New

United States

I'm having a similar issue.  My  Controller V2 is connected to my Avata, I can use the gimble switch to move it, and press the C1 button to chirp the motors.  However, I can't take off.  I saw that it might need to be activated, but the Assistant 2 doesn't seem to wan to do that.  The firmware is updated on all of my devices, but I can't seem to get the controller 2 to launch my Avata.  Any help is appreciated.
2022-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules