Botched firmware update affecting functionality
494 4 2022-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2W3E4ehLJTRu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270719 ft
United States

I'm at a loss for how to fix this. Before my first flight, I was updating everything. When it came time for the Goggles to update its own firemware, it was stuck at 0% past an hour. I get cancel, rebooted everything, but found there to be no update prompt offered afterward. I thought it strange, but didn't realize how messed up things had become because of this.

The problems I've noticed so far:
1) The head tracking won't take effect. The button activates yellow, but no matter the flight mode, nothing happens when moving the headset.
2) The headset fails to connect to DJI Assistant 2 (or its FPV counterpart).

Troubleshooting tried so far:
- I've done "Reset All", though as I understand it, it doesn't seem like a true factory reset, as the pairings were still in place after.
- Recalibrated the headset.
- Tested both the motion & regular controller (though I think it's only meant to do head tracking on the former)
- Tried connecting to computer with and without the adapter, & multiple cables (note: the controller connected to the computer fine)

Reinstalling the firmware would be preferable. When the goggles are plugged into the computer, the computer can see the SD card, but DJI Assistant 2 itself cannot see the goggles. This has been an incredibly frustrating day of troubleshooting, so I would very much like to know how to get this new, *expensive product up and running properly.
2022-8-30
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... newest DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones)... ?????
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of the unit then check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-8-31
Use props
SoulLee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270719 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 00:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of the unit then check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Awesome, thank you so much, that did the trick. I hadn't realized the FPV version wouldn't service the goggles. The Consumer Drone Series version picked it up immediately, and reinstalling the firmware fixed the head tracking functionality. Thank you again.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SoulLee Posted at 8-31 06:50
Awesome, thank you so much, that did the trick. I hadn't realized the FPV version wouldn't service the goggles. The Consumer Drone Series version picked it up immediately, and reinstalling the firmware fixed the head tracking functionality. Thank you again.

Perfect! I'm really glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules