Where is the Livestream support? (Not RTMP)
1752 6 2022-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaku
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

The RC Pro product page mentions Livestreaming with the text "DJI RC Pro introduces a livestreaming function, where third-party apps can use the drone’s camera view for direct livestreaming, instant sharing of short videos, and more. [4] 4. Livestream function will be available at a later date."

This is different from the already supported Livestream functionality of sending the DJI Fly app video to a RTMP server. It is supposed to allow an app to access the drone's camera as if it was on the RC Pro itself. Many other live streaming apps have more features that I would like to use with this remote, and it's been over 9 months at this point with no news on this feature.

Can we get any information on when this feature might become available?

2022-8-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am really confused by this, because when you configure RTMP, you are literally live streaming the video feed from the gimbal camera to the rtmp endpoint configured.
2022-8-30
Use props
jaku
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I'll quote the single line that should make it more clear for you. " where third-party apps can use the drone’s camera view for direct livestreaming"

I want 3rd party apps to be able to use the drone's camera to stream, not the DJI Fly app. It is a feature they mention is coming, but have heard nothing about it.
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

'Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-30
Use props
jaku
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I understand it's not available and that it will be a firmware update to the DJI Remote. It's a feature you have listed as coming soon. The engineers I assume are already aware of this request, and its capabilities. I'm just trying to get an idea of when I can get a feature that was advertised on something I purchased.
2022-8-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

jaku Posted at 8-30 19:48
I'll quote the single line that should make it more clear for you. " where third-party apps can use the drone’s camera view for direct livestreaming"

I want 3rd party apps to be able to use the drone's camera to stream, not the DJI Fly app. It is a feature they mention is coming, but have heard nothing about it.

Ok that makes sense.  Yes, this seems like a good feature to have.  Currently I have a RTSP server set up and configured to restream to apps, but that is an extra step that should not have to be done in favor of a proper app integration.
2022-8-31
Use props
jaku
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 8-31 11:47
Ok that makes sense.  Yes, this seems like a good feature to have.  Currently I have a RTSP server set up and configured to restream to apps, but that is an extra step that should not have to be done in favor of a proper app integration.

Yep, I've had a similar system in place in the past.

I'm also curious to know if another app getting access to the DJI camera if it will make it unavailable to the Fly app as well. Hopefully they get this advertised feature out soon.
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules