Mavic 3 obstacle avoidance sensors off
3795 7 2022-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Today 8/30 I got a Mavic 3 I bought from DJI in exchange of the Mini 3 Pro after numerous unresolved issues. After I did all the required updates I finally got ready for the first fly and for my surprise the obstacle avoid sensor signal was red during the entire time, I was flying and record 4K 60 in Cine and normal mode, settings for the senso was "bypass". I also noticed one sudden break during the fly.

Before anything can someone confirm if this still an issue since I read outadated treads from beggining of this year. I also noticed the same issue with users flyghting the Mini 3 Pro.

Any thoughts and updates will be appreciated.

Thank you

2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and perform the vision sensor calibration and check if the issue persists? You may also calibrate the IMU of the aircraft before having the test flight to see if there are any changes. You may download the said software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-8-30
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Were there any errors on screen? Typically if sensors are turned off for some reason, such as low light, you get a notification in the app about it. When and where were you flying? If you were flying late in the day when light is low, the sensors will turn off. For sensors to work they need to be enabled in the settings, you need to be in flight, and it needs to be daylight outside. Did you do a little test to see if the sensors were working? Fly slowly toward a wall and see if the drone tries to avoid it in bypass, or stops completely in brake mode. If the drone flies right up to the wall then sensors are off, obviously. Toggle brake and bypass and test both.
2022-8-31
Use props
OlliM1971
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309199 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-30 23:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and perform the vision sensor calibration and check if the issue persists? You may also calibrate the IMU of the aircraft before having the test flight to see if there are any changes. You may download the said software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

A vision sensor calibration cannot be done with this software and the Mavic 3 (unfortunately). Correct me if I'm wrong...
2022-8-31
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 8-31 04:37
Were there any errors on screen? Typically if sensors are turned off for some reason, such as low light, you get a notification in the app about it. When and where were you flying? If you were flying late in the day when light is low, the sensors will turn off. For sensors to work they need to be enabled in the settings, you need to be in flight, and it needs to be daylight outside. Did you do a little test to see if the sensors were working? Fly slowly toward a wall and see if the drone tries to avoid it in bypass, or stops completely in brake mode. If the drone flies right up to the wall then sensors are off, obviously. Toggle brake and bypass and test both.

Thank you for your feedback. It was a little late end of the day and yes getting dark. I will try this afternoon during daylight and update here.
2022-8-31
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

fly.overflying Posted at 8-31 08:04
Thank you for your feedback. It was a little late end of the day and yes getting dark. I will try this afternoon during daylight and update here.

Then it was most certainly due to low light. You would have been given a notification on the screen about it though - pay attention to those red notifications in the top left of the fly app screen. You need pretty decent light for the sensors to function properly.
2022-8-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-30 23:45

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Paladin, I would hope you are aware that Assistant 2 does not have a vision sensor calibration feature currently.
2022-8-31
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 8-31 10:24
Then it was most certainly due to low light. You would have been given a notification on the screen about it though - pay attention to those red notifications in the top left of the fly app screen. You need pretty decent light for the sensors to function properly.

After testing today during the day I can confirm that the obstacle avoidance sensors works! I am extremely happy to finally hold a DJI drone without any issues. Below is a video of first fly!

2022-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules