1280S ESC connections
780 0 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Optician
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anybody know the signal comnnection of the 1280S ESC as used on E5000 etc please?. It has the heavy 12AWG red and black 12s power supply leads plus two signal level connectors. There is a black 0.1 inch pitch single row 3 way connector. The ESC has a cable with  22AWG(ish) black and red wires in pins 1 and 3. The middle pin 2 is left empty. The second connector is a tiny white 3 way which looks like a JST GH1.25 1.25mm pitch locking connector. It has a cable from the ESC with fine 26AWG or less wires. A white wires goes to the first pin, a grey wire to the second and the third position is empty.

I need to know the functions of the signal wires to find out if I can repurpose the ESC. I have seen a spec which lists conventional PWM control of this ESC at normal 1120 to 1920 µs range.  I suspect the red and black wires in the first connector are a 5V or 3V3 supply to the ESC (or could even be from it!, what they used to call BEC). Of the grey and white wires, I think one will be a PWM speed command to the ESC and the other some telemetry from the ESC to the controller..

I need to confirm if these signal wires are as I suspect, and if there is any clever stuff DJI do to alter the normal use of the drive as a PWM speed controller, like speed limiting or other side control. If there is any knowledge or information anyone could pass one I would be very grateful. Thank you.

(Cross posted from Genral on advice)

2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules