s22 ultra and virtual flight crash
4738 23 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marco899
lvl.3

Netherlands

Someone managed to get the Samsung S22 ultra with the goggles 2 and the virtual flight app working?
2022-8-31
Use props
fansdcab590a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22618 ft
United States

Did you check out the other virtual flight thread? Not sure if its the same prob, but here it goes:

With my samsung s21.  Step1 is crankup the goggle, then go menu switch connection to virtual flight mode, then connect phone, then open the virtual flight app on the phone to connect.  So far i can play all them in Normal mode.

BUT, my motion controller M button does not switch me to S(Sport) mode from N(Normal) mode, Just tried outside, Mode button works, but doesnt work w/ virtual flight app
2022-8-31
Use props
Marco899
lvl.3

Netherlands

Thanks but no go. DJI flight disapears to the background
2022-8-31
Use props
fansdcab590a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22618 ft
United States

Marco899 Posted at 8-31 05:17

i know dji flight app auto start, so what i did, was swap and close it off, then start virtual flight from phone, then agree to connect goggle glass from phone, then follow virtual flight steps to get in the game.

Key is "set the virtual flight mode in the goggle menu First", I played it for several hours last night, that was the only way to get it working, but only played like 10 mins, and got motion sick from it.

2022-8-31
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hi,

I had several issues on S22 Ultra Exynos (EU version) like menu etc, but was able to fly, but had a feeling that stick detection is not working properly and not detect min/max properly.
Unfortunately not found any calibration in app.
Hopefully will be fixed in next releases...
2022-8-31
Use props
Marco899
lvl.3

Netherlands

fansdcab590a Posted at 8-31 06:21
i know dji flight app auto start, so what i did, was swap and close it off, then start virtual flight from phone, then agree to connect goggle glass from phone, then follow virtual flight steps to get in the game.

Key is "set the virtual flight mode in the goggle menu First", I played it for several hours last night, that was the only way to get it working, but only played like 10 mins, and got motion sick from it.

Thanks for your reply but it still moves the app to the background. Exynos eu.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Marco899. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these information with us. The DJI Virtual Flight ( DJI Avata ) Android Version 1.4.0 requires Android 9.0 or above. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads

2022-8-31
Use props
Marco899
lvl.3

Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 20:06
Hello there Marco899. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these information with us. The DJI Virtual Flight ( DJI Avata ) Android Version 1.4.0 requires Android 9.0 or above. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads

Well send me a new mobile device.
2022-9-1
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

Marco899 Posted at 8-31 05:17

That's *EXACTLY* the behavior that I get with my Samsung Galaxy S20 Note. The phone auto-starts DJI Fly as soon as I connect it to the goggles.

We are in very great need of a "known compatible device" list from DJI.

DJI: Note that I'm not asking for a list of expected future compatibility dates. I'm interest in a  list of what devices are known to be compatible with it now.

Perhaps, all of us hapless users are the field beta testers to figure out what that is. I might not even have a problem with that...if I was told that. As it is, it looks like I wasted 10 hrs of my time to try to integrate an incompatible device with this app.

TCS
2022-9-1
Use props
rustyron72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78547 ft
United Kingdom

Did you ever get this working? I've the same phone with the same problem!
2022-9-14
Use props
Shot By Steem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136745 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same issue for me.
2022-9-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Anyone here got it working?
2022-11-15
Use props
djiuser_8h3GpIbpdOqd
New
Flight distance : 261827 ft
Poland

Same issue. Please fix it
2022-11-24
Use props
dvv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 443537 ft
United States

Same for me
Samsung s22, android 13

app is crashed after connection cable to dji googles 2
2022-11-24
Use props
djiuser_75gDbgKNhDWh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43947 ft
Italy

Same problem, the app crash as soon as you connect the googles on galaxy s22 ultra.
2022-12-3
Use props
Fizbano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24967 ft
Italy

I have a Oneplus 7T Pro and the same issue here, app crashes as I try to connect goggles and the controller, no way to use it.
2022-12-4
Use props
Fizbano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24967 ft
Italy

...mistakenly posted twice...
2022-12-4
Use props
djiuser_V2CI2eKuj6zu
New
Flight distance : 2975938 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The flight simulator is not compatible with the latest android firmware, so phones like the S22 ultra will never work on it until dji pull their finger out and update the app.
2022-12-4
Use props
djiuser_o9Bfbkh1Hl5S
New

Spain

Same issue, came on DJI do something!!
2023-2-9
Use props
wotsepotse
New

Belgium

This is not nice to read. You expect that you can practice with a simulator if your phone is good. All the previous devices of the S series where supported so I don't know whats up with that now. My first ever product of DJI wich I am happy for that I can return it because of the lack of support. You are losing clients this way.
2023-7-4
Use props
1sign
lvl.1

Switzerland

Come on DJI update this app, goddamn. Is it that hard? one year since first error messages..
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_3ShJsDzMt8Gf
New
Flight distance : 6104970 ft
Germany

Has anyone managed to solve this, because I have the same problem and I would like to fly in the virtual world
2023-9-13
Use props
djiuser_KVTrxVww6g0S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70673 ft

United Kingdom

fansdcab590a Posted at 2022-8-31 06:21

Key is "set the virtual flight mode in the goggle menu First", I played it for several hours last night, that was the only way to get it working, but only played like 10 mins, and got motion sick from it.
Hi, how do you set the virtual flight mode on the goggles?. Thanks
2-4 13:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KVTrxVww6g0S Posted at 2-4 13:24
Hi, how do you set the virtual flight mode on the goggles?. Thanks

Hi there. Please try powering the goggles on, entering the goggles menu, and then going to "More" and then select DJI Virtual Flight. Have a nice day.
2-4 21:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules