New Ronin 4D Firmware Released (14/12/2023)
16294 39 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2023.12.14
  • Firmware: v01.05.0100
  • Video Transmitter Firmware: v01.05.0500
  • High-Bright Remote Monitor Firmware: v01.05.0500
  • DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) Firmware: v00.03.04.64
  • DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series): v2.1.10
  • User Manual: v1.2

What’s New?
  • Added support for Zenmuse X9-8K gimbal camera, which supports 4K resolution and up to 120fps full frame video recording. Due to performance limitations, clean footage is not supported in ProRes RAW format and 48 project frame rate or above video and only supports the OSD output when using the HDMI port of the main body and SDI port of the expansion plate with Zenmuse X9-8K.
  • Added support for DL 18mm F2.8 ASPH Lens.
  • Added support for recording 1-120fps S&Q (Slow motion and Quick motion) for Zenmuse X9-6K and Zenmuse X9-8K gimbal cameras.
  • Added support for displaying three channels of exposure waveform for the high-bright main monitor.
  • Added support for multi function dial settings of the main body.
  • Added support for recording full frame video at 17:9 ratio when sensor frame is set at 50fps for Zenmuse X9-6K gimbal camera (6K resolution is 5952*3136).
  • Added loop code for folder and file names to avoid repeated names.
  • Added percentage adjustment for focus peaking.
  • Added auto recognition and calibration file loading for electronic lenses.
  • Added support for remaining in broadcast mode after restarting Ronin 4D.
  • Added support for enlarging the safety zone and frame guide along with the Focus Mag.
  • Added support for auto detection and repair for damaged footage when inserting a storage device. Only supports footage recorded with Ronin 4D or Inspire 3. The repaired audio and video duration depends on the degree of damage to the footage and cannot be guaranteed that all of the footage can be repaired.
  • Optimized the playback fluency issue when playing the high-quality videos.
  • Fixed issue: Focus motors need to be initialized after restarting.
  • Changed the recording time format to xx h xx m.

Notes
  • Update the firmware to the latest version for accessories (except for DJI RS Focus Motor (2022)) before mounting on the Ronin 4D Flex. Update the firmware of DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) in DJI Assistant 2 after connecting to the Ronin 4D Flex using the CAN port.
  • Make sure to update both the Video Transmitter and High-Bright Remote Monitor to the latest firmware version. Otherwise, the video transmission may work abnormally.
  • If the update fails, restart the device and try again.

Overview:

• Date: 2023.08.09
  • Firmware: v01.04.0303
  • Video Transmitter Firmware: v01.05.0500
  • High-Bright Remote Monitor Firmware: v01.05.0500
  • DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series): v2.1.6

What’s New?
  • Added support to use the DJI Video Receiver with the DJI Video Transmitter and Ronin 4D Video Transmitter. Update the firmware of the DJI Ronin 4D Video Transmitter to V01.05.0500 or above.
  • Fixed rare issue of failed linking due to the use of third-party batteries for High-Bright Remote Monitor.

Notes:
  • Update the firmware to the latest version for accessories (except for DJI RS Focus Motor (2022)) before mounting on the Ronin 4D Flex. Update the firmware of DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) in DJI Assistant 2 after connecting to the Ronin 4D Flex using the CAN port.
  • Make sure to update both the Video Transmitter and High-Bright Remote Monitor to the latest firmware version. Otherwise, the video transmission may work abnormally.

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.03.07
  • Firmware: v01.04.0300
  • Video Transmitter Firmware: v01.04.0100
  • High-Bright Remote Monitor Firmware: v01.05.0300
  • DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series): v2.1.6

What’s New?
  • Added support for using DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series) to active Ronin 4D RAW license.
  • Added support for DJI DL PZ 17-28mm T3.0 ASPH Lens.
  • Added support for Ronin 4D Flex.
  • Added support for using up to three DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) on Ronin 4D Flex to control the iris, focus, and zoom of manual lens. The DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) can be connected in series using the provided Multi-Camera Control Cable during use. Requires DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) firmware v00.03.04.64 or above.
  • Added support for electric zoom control of the E Mount motorized zoom lens, optical stabilization, and the ability to switch AF/MF for E Mount Lenses. Only focus ring can be used to control focus when switching to MF. Requires E Mount Unit firmware v00.00.13.00 or above. Added support for focus direction settings when using right hand grip.
  • Fixed issue: auto focus was not available when using zoom for zoom lens.
  • Fixed issue: audio was stuck when using playback for certain video formats.

Notes:
  • The Ronin 4D parameters will be reset to default after the firmware is updated. Check all the settings and reset.
  • Update the firmware to the latest version for accessories (except DJI RS Focus Motor (2022)) before mounting on the Ronin 4D Flex. Update the firmware of DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) in DJI Assistant 2 after connecting to the Ronin 4D Flex using the CAN port.
  • Visit https://store.dji.com/product/dji-ronin-4d-raw-license to purchase the Ronin 4D RAW license.

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.01.13
  • Firmware: v01.04.0200
  • High-Bright Remote Monitor Firmware: v01.05.0300

What’s New?
  • Added support for the Leica L mount lens.
  • Added manual calibration for the zoom lens.
  • Added max speed auto adjustment for the gimbal using the joystick according to the liveview FOV.
  • Added support for output clean footage for playback, on-screen display switch, and applied LUT for HDMI port. Output applied LUT is only available when using the HDMI port to output clean footage.
  • Added support for anamorphic display de-squeezing for the High-Bright Main Monitor when using playback.
  • Added red indicator for overexposure on the waveform and a Small option for waveform size settings.
  • Added support for custom features for C1 and C2 buttons.
  • Added Position and Distance options in MF mode for fine focus control.
  • Added support for using playback via hand grips. Press and hold the EXP button of the left hand grip to enter/exit playback. Press the MODE button to switch options, press the trigger to select footage, and use the dial on the right hand grip to adjust the progress bar during playback.
  • Added support for hiding the playback progress bar automatically when no operation is performed for two seconds.
  • Added support for zoom direction settings using the dial on the right hand grip.
  • Added custom feature, press and hold the trigger to support Z-Axis Lock and zoom.
  • Added zoom control feature when using the right hand grip, turn the dial while pressing and holding the trigger. Make sure to set the zoom feature to press and hold the trigger.
  • Optimized the start up time for Ronin 4D.
  • Optimized the zoom control smoothness for the zoom lens.
  • Optimized the display effect for the High-Bright Main Monitor and fixed the overexposure issue for the bright areas.
  • Fixed issue: some E mount lenses without calibration cannot focus stably at infinity.
  • Fixed issue: gimbal settings did not take effect after importing the user profile.
  • Fixed issue: iris failed to be read using the E mount lens with a manual adjustment iris ring.
  • Fixed issue: gimbal mode failed to be reset after setting it to custom.
  • Fixed issue: playback footage displayed slightly green.
  • Fixed issue: LiDAR waveform displayed as normal but AF/AMF was occasionally unavailable.

Notes:
  • Attach all the accessories to Ronin 4D before updating firmware.
  • Make sure to update both the Video Transmitter and High-Bright Remote Monitor to the latest firmware
  • version. Otherwise, the video transmission may work abnormally.

Overview
  • Date: 2022.08.31
  • Firmware: v01.04.0100
  • High-Bright Remote Monitor Firmware: v01.04.0100

What’s New?
  • Added support for ProRes 4444XQ and ProRes 422LT recording.
  • Added support for using Jam Sync through the external timecode generator and the 3.5 mm microphone port.
  • Added support for using DJI Ronin 4D Hand Grips Mount Universal Adapter connects to Ronin-S External Module to increase stability when turning with the Ronin 4D at high speed.
  • Added support for output clean HDMI footage using HDMI port.
  • Added support for output up to 4K 4:2:0 60fps HDMI footage when recording at 4K.
  • Added zoom control for using the right hand grip to control focus motor with E mount manual zoom lens.
  • Added support for output signal with internal timecode and recording trigger signal through HDMI port.
  • Added support for focus assistant through double-clicking to zoom-in.
  • Added support for anamorphic display de-squeezing for the High-Bright Main Monitor.
  • Added Frame Guide and Safety Zone when using playback.
  • Added automatic cycle for single footage when using playback.
  • Added ActiveTrack speed settings.
  • Added support for menu control using the right hand grip.
  • Added real-time reading of the gimbal three axes force mobile data for High-Bright Remote Monitor.
  • Added 35mm equivalent focal length information read-in to the ProRes metadata.
  • Fixed issue: noise was too loud when performing auto tune.
  • Fixed issue: Ronin 4D shook at high frequency when tilting with the Z-Axis at lock mode.
  • Fixed issue: the preset timecode at REC Run mode was reset after the gimbal reboot.
  • Fixed issue: noise was too loud when switching the built-in ND with E Mount lens.

Notes:
  • The ProRes 4444XQ video can only be stored at DJI PROSSD.
  • HDMI port cannot output signal when selecting ProRes 4444XQ.
  • Exposure assistant, peak focus and LiDAR waveform will be disabled automatically for optimal performance when recording ProRes 4444XQ video at 6K/48fps or 4K/96fps and above.
  • Left channel cannot be used when using Jam Synced through the 3.5 mm microphone port.
  • Attach all the accessories to Ronin 4D before updating firmware.
  • Attach the DJI Three-Channel Follow Focus to the High-Bright Remote Monitor to update firmware simultaneously.
  • Make sure to update both the Video Transmitter and High-Bright Remote Monitor to the latest firmware
  • version. Otherwise, the video transmission may work abnormally.

2022-8-31
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool, thanks for the info Dji.
2022-8-31
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great,  bang on time too. Thanks
2022-8-31
Use props
cameramanpeteryahoo.co.uk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102136 ft
Canada

Awesome !
Can’t wait to update and test everything
2022-8-31
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

Thank you for the update dji...
2022-8-31
Use props
fansda9af64b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51066 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,

Do you have more informations for ProRes Raw License ?

Thanks
2022-9-1
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Prores RAW appears to be back!
2022-9-1
Use props
Sonoma.911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50791 ft
United States

rone4d Posted at 9-1 02:58
Prores RAW appears to be back!

I have not updated mine yet but are other people seeing that prores raw is available again?? Looks like you have to pay for it? Has anyone seen the price to add it ?
2022-9-1
Use props
Sonoma.911
lvl.2
United States

I just updated my ronin 4D and don't see the message to go to DJI to purchase the license and prores raw specifically does not show up.  Also, the tap twice to zoom in and drag does not seem to work.  Anyone experiencing the same issue?
2022-9-1
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My tap twice is working.
2022-9-1
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It probably depends if you had an early Ronin 4D that previously had raw. Remember the first ones had it with the initial firmware but new ones do not.

Seems like a slight bug therefore but shows what DJI did say a while back, that raw may come back but of course will need to pay as the price was reduced to compensate for its removal
2022-9-1
Use props
lvl.2
Canada

Sonoma.911 Posted at 9-1 14:48
I just updated my ronin 4D and don't see the message to go to DJI to purchase the license and prores raw specifically does not show up.  Also, the tap twice to zoom in and drag does not seem to work.  Anyone experiencing the same issue?

No mine works fine …
2022-9-2
Use props
lvl.2
Canada

Sonoma.911 Posted at 9-1 14:48

No mine works fine …
https://youtu.be/OKQEYaISxU0
2022-9-2
Use props
Sonoma.911
lvl.2
United States

I still can't get the zoom double to work.   Very odd....  But I did get the timecode synch using a tentacle synch TC generator to work.  
2022-9-2
Use props
darealiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1146001 ft
Antigua and Barbuda

Sonoma.911 Posted at 9-2 07:53
I still can't get the zoom double to work.   Very odd....  But I did get the timecode synch using a tentacle synch TC generator to work.

did you enable in settings?
2022-9-2
Use props
robdms
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I have updated both 4d and the high bright monitor, does anyone know how to enable the force mobile new feature? i cant find it in any menu, many thanks in advance
2022-9-3
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's in the hibrite monitor settings under general (if can remember correctly).and called enable gyroscopic control or similar. Easy to miss.

That is off the top of my head.

I was using it today.

2022-9-3
Use props
robdms
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rone4d Posted at 9-3 14:07
It's in the hibrite monitor settings under general (if can remember correctly).and called enable gyroscopic control or similar. Easy to miss.

That is off the top of my head.

perfect thank you! found it now
2022-9-4
Use props
fansdd0251b9
lvl.2
Italy

Thank you for the update but I have this problem:
with right grip on the hibright monitor the Rec button and the Mode button do not work
2022-9-5
Use props
RodHi
lvl.2
Italy

I have updated both Ronin4d / high bright monitor
2022-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the update!
2022-9-9
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone checked the raw with the DJI memory stick?

I've not got one so can't check. I can just see it in the drop down.
2022-9-13
Use props
djiuser_5sdtm958Mti2
lvl.1

Bangladesh

Thanks a lot for sharing helpful and updated information.
2022-9-13
Use props
Costis
lvl.1

Spain

Everything works perfectly except when autofocus is on the lidar indicator stops working, I can see the lidar display and the focus yellow line but it just stays still and no green line plus the focus wheel is inactive....
I should mention thet I use vindage lens with the e mount and focus motor...
2022-9-16
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Costis Posted at 9-16 02:52
Everything works perfectly except when autofocus is on the lidar indicator stops working, I can see the lidar display and the focus yellow line but it just stays still and no green line plus the focus wheel is inactive....

This also happened to me. Everything seemed to work at first, then I suddenly had the problem you describe (my focus line was stuck at infinity) but it was after the camera took a very slight knock, which made me think this was the cause. I then did a wide variety of random things, including changing lenses, turning off auto-focus and packing everything away for a few hours. When I tried again, everything was working. I have no idea which intervention fixed the issue, if any, but I now believe the knock had nothing to do with it. We'll see if the problem returns.
2022-9-16
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've noticed a new bug with the new firmware.

It's not storing all gimbal settings and not loading up the user profile whe you save a new profile.

Anyone else seen this?
2022-9-17
Use props
Costis
lvl.1

Spain

TooDeep Posted at 9-16 03:19
This also happened to me. Everything seemed to work at first, then I suddenly had the problem you describe (my focus line was stuck at infinity) but it was after the camera took a very slight knock, which made me think this was the cause. I then did a wide variety of random things, including changing lenses, turning off auto-focus and packing everything away for a few hours. When I tried again, everything was working. I have no idea which intervention fixed the issue, if any, but I now believe the knock had nothing to do with it. We'll see if the problem returns.

Under lens menu select AF Mode to AMF...
2022-10-4
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Costis Posted at 10-4 09:30
Under lens menu select AF Mode to AMF...

Thank you. I will try this if it happens again.
2022-10-4
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

I have the DJI video transmitter and if I connect to the computer the latest firmware version is V01.05.300.

The release notes say that it is "Video Transmitter Firmware: v01.04.0100"
Also is the new firmware for the Transmitter and High Bright Monitor coming out soon? I have versions v01.05.0300 installed and handle button M does not work for taking photos.
2023-1-13
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

Should we take this as an indication that DJI plans to reintroduce ProRes Raw in a future update that let's you buy a license for it a la carte?
2023-1-14
Use props
Colston-Ronin4D
lvl.3

United States

The color of the monitor doesn't match the camera after the latest update. Does anyone else notice this?
2023-2-16
Use props
joseugs
lvl.2
United States

Colston-Ronin4D Posted at 2-16 17:35
The color of the monitor doesn't match the camera after the latest update. Does anyone else notice this?

Ouch, now that you mention this i'm even more sceptical about updating...
2023-2-17
Use props
Jake Andrew
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

2023-3-7
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

joseugs Posted at 2-17 02:53
Ouch, now that you mention this i'm even more sceptical about updating...

Can anyone else confirm this issue? I'm hoping it's not just a LUT thing
2023-3-10
Use props
Peter Berglund
lvl.1

Sweden

THANKS DJI!

With the new update of Ronin 4D and the E-mount, my Sony 18-105 zoom lens works perfect! And now with PZ from Ronin! Great!
2023-3-14
Use props
jeak
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Huge bug in this firmware and I would not update to it if you’re using any manual lenses;

The ronin will back focus wildly if it sees any faces in shot. It will focus correctly on anything that isn’t a person. Seems to be affecting multiple people (myself included).

Very annoying.
2023-3-16
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

jeak Posted at 3-16 14:17
Huge bug in this firmware and I would not update to it if you’re using any manual lenses;

The ronin will back focus wildly if it sees any faces in shot. It will focus correctly on anything that isn’t a person. Seems to be affecting multiple people (myself included).

This is concerning. How many people have you talked to that have this issue?
2023-3-17
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Thanks for the info, updating now.
2023-4-2
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

Anybody having luck with this new August 2023 update?
2023-8-17
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

Colston-Ronin4D Posted at 2023-2-16 17:35

Is it because it puts it into REC709?
1-15 13:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules