Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI,

Just an observation after receiving my DJI Avata Pro-View Combo (comes with DI Goggles 2, and DJI Motion Controller).  I seperately bought the "DJI Avata Fly More Kit" (comes with 2 intelligent flight batteries, and a battery Charging Hub.

Seperately, I bought the "DJI Remote Controller 2" (as DJI site is Out-of-Stock).  

That being said (and based upon my own experience last night) I think it would be helpful to additionally be offering a SINGLE AC Power Adapter for the Avata and all of it's realted accessories/gear (Avata Intelligent Batteries, DJI Motion Controller, Remote Contrller 2, Goggle battery, ect.).  

I had some difficulty myself charging everything last night trying to find the right "AC Power Adapter" for the "DJI Remote Controller 2" and having ample USB-C Cables to charge everything simulaneiously.

Fortunately for me I had a previously bought AC Adapter / Charging Hub (shown below) from my original Mavic Air (v1) which charged multiple Mavic Air batteries, and it also had two (2) built in USB Ports I could plug into to simultaneously charge some other Avata devices.  Food for thought.....

If others in the forum found similar issues please feel free to post your comments below as well.  Wondering if others ran into this issue as well.

Note:  Intially, I noticed the "DJI Remote Controller 2" LEDs were NOT blinking (indicating to me it was NOT charging) when I connected directly to a power source via USB-C cable.  I suspected I didn't have sufficient voltage and tried a few different options (including the above mentioned Mavic Air charging hub).  LED lights were not coming on at all at one point during charging (perhaps a firmware issue ?)..as they did start working at one point but wasn't able to coorelate what changed in the charging process.   i updated firmware later in the evening.  I'm aware it can take up to 2.5hrs for the 'DJI REMOTE CONTROLLER 2" to fully charge.  

Regards,
Ron

adapter.jpg
2022-8-31
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

After searching around a bit I think I found what I was looking for here (though currently out-of-stock)

URL:    https://store.dji.com/product/dji-65w-portable-charger?vid=110001

DJI 65W Portable Charger: applies the GaN technology, which can speed up the charging process. Though it is smaller in size, it has two output ports: USB-C and USB-A, and can charge the intelligent flight battery and remote control device simultaneously. It supports PPS and PD protocols, can charge your phone and laptop.
2022-8-31
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a few of these chargers around the house and they are fantastic! Also, GaN will not speed up the charging process, but it will allow for a far cooler adapter during the charging process as it replaces silicon.
2022-8-31
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-31 10:26
I have a few of these chargers around the house and they are fantastic! Also, GaN will not speed up the charging process, but it will allow for a far cooler adapter during the charging process as it replaces silicon.

Good to know!  I may have to pick one of those up.  Seems everything’s moving to USB-C (with PD) these days.  So probably will have plenty of use for them.  Thank you!  
2022-8-31
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You bet! I think we're all hoping things ALL get to USB-C PD faster than it is. Heck, by that time we'll all be running for USB-D.
2022-8-31
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-31 13:25
You bet! I think we're all hoping things ALL get to USB-C PD faster than it is. Heck, by that time we'll all be running for USB-D.

Unfortunately, USB-C itself is a bit of a mess.   You have all the different charging protocols, and then you have different USB-C cables with different max charging support.   And some of those current USB-C gadgets won't charge with USB-C to USB-C cable and would only charge with USB-A to USB-C cable etc.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ron. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information and this link with us. These information will be noted. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-8-31
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 19:52
Hello there Ron. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information and this link with us. These information will be noted. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.

thanks for accepting the feedback.  
2022-9-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nosnoop Posted at 8-31 13:35
Unfortunately, USB-C itself is a bit of a mess.   You have all the different charging protocols, and then you have different USB-C cables with different max charging support.   And some of those current USB-C gadgets won't charge with USB-C to USB-C cable and would only charge with USB-A to USB-C cable etc.

Just be sure that you are looking at PD right off the bat when purchasing something. Most retailers are getting pretty good at spelling out the needs regarding cables.
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-1 05:29
thanks for accepting the feedback.

Hi there Ron. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-9-2
Use props
TTV-VoidGG_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138051 ft
Philippines

If you also have their 90W FPV adapter you can use that.The rule when it comes to adapters is that you can use a 65W device on a 90W adapter.
It will charge the device faster.
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules